• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcer: Male or Female?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
My Idea

I don't know why, but I think Bob Barker/Rich Fields would be a good annoucer.

Fields could do the "Come on down" when you select a character and Bob could do stuff like "And the prize you'll be playing for is..." when your about to play to unlock someone.

You may openly flame me now.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
It was only a matter of time before a topic I think would be completely ignored has a topic made about it.
First one I saw, too, I didn't think so much thought could be put into the announcer.
Personally, if the announcer is good, I don't care if it is male or female. If they do it fine, I'm cool with it. If it isn't good, regardless of gender, either way it is still horrible, so...I don't see any preference for me.
Some of these ideas would be interesting to see. Characters saying their own name...we've got a few in the silent bunch that it would be a little awkward for, but I don't mind if it was there. They'd still need an announcer for the other stuff, so I don't think it'll happen. Original thought, though. All these interesting ideas would be neat to see, but we'd still need a basic announcer for anything else, so my guess is it's all or none for announcing, I doubt you were expecting to see it happen anyway...
Cool topic.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
I'd have to say....The robot annoucner of Toonami on Cartoonnetwork would be an off the chain announcer for Brawl! Always telling us the same thing everyday..."Next time, on an all new Naruto...." :grin: Now picture that same voice, but in Brawl!! "Choose Your Character.....Ready, Go!!" etc.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
id rather die then let that happen DP.btw are u goin 2 pound 2 DP?ill Money Match ur mario with mine (or doc if ud let me) for 5$ there.how bout it?
Nice idea, buddy. Only one problem....I live in COLUMBUS GEORGIA. You live in a part of Florida I never even heard of in my life!! It'd be nice to face you, though. I heard there's a legendary Green Mario down there and he's my only opponent i'd like to face, thank you. My Blue Mario is best in GA.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Nice idea, buddy. Only one problem....I live in COLUMBUS GEORGIA. You live in a part of Florida I never even heard of in my life!! It'd be nice to face you, though. I heard there's a legendary Green Mario down there and he's my only opponent i'd like to face, thank you. My Blue Mario is best in GA.
ROFL.yes i do live in the comparison to a deserted island.>_>.maybe if SSBB is online we can play.=D

yes we do have a GOD green mario here.and ive been quite aware of that being ive been over there b4.nice **** btw.>_<

and my doc is pretty killer yet i need help from BoB$ to be THAT good.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
ROFL.yes i do live in the comparison to a deserted island.>_>.maybe if SSBB is online we can play.=D

yes we do have a GOD green mario here.and ive been quite aware of that being ive been over there b4.nice **** btw.>_<

and my doc is pretty killer yet i need help from BoB$ to be THAT good.
Well until then, we meet. :) (Case Closed)

I

i8waffles612

characters announcing their won names would be really nice, or they could make a sound lol or say something like ---
Mario "Its a me-ah Mario!"
Fox "Come on"
Peach "Sweeeet"
Ganondorf *laughs*
Yoshi "Yoshi"
Luigi "Letsi go"
Bowser" RAWWRR"
Pikachu" Pika-pika!!!!"
Jigglypuff "Jigglypuff"
Kirby" HIIIII"
and thats all i can think of right now

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Yes no one wants to keep having to hear the same boring male announcer.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Yeh, cuz if it's a girl, the first reactions of your friends will be "OMG gay"
Female announcers don't fit in fighting games anyways.
Not true Dead or Alive 4 has always had a girl announcer...wait they had a guy sometimes...but anyway it was still a good game and i no one said anything about her.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...Honestly...I wouldn't really care... But I would say 40/60 boy because a girl wouldn't fit Smash IMO, but I wouldn't mind the change...

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Same here but im just saying sometimes change is good. How is the voice of a announcer gonna change gameplay.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Nah, japanese girls really do have that sexy voice thing going on..........................................................what am i saying that would rock.
And no french accents!

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
ok no girls voice.. how about a woman voice. A woman voice thats sound like she been living a computer(womanly computer voice). Like that one computer that used to be on Toonami. Thats a nice voice that can fit.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Any footage available of that female Dead or Alive announcer? I'm all for equality and stuff, but I really have a hard time imagining a woman sounding badass enough.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well for Tingle, I want him for Brawl and can't wait for his DS debut... And Meta, I'm glad you agree with the *** girl(woman)voice and not french...French just wouldn't fit, but if no *** accent, get the voice sound alike from 64 and melee...

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Why are we even asking this question? Isn't the answer already obvious? The announcer should be a 20-something year old female whose voice drips absolutely voluptuous seduction. It would help if she was large-breasted, scantily clad, and that a picture of her actually appeared as she announced.

I mean, really guys. This question was completely and utterly unnecessary.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
here ya go XD and who wants a big boobed women announcer talking in a sexy voice......i do XD. Cause girls with big boobs make most guys happy. Flat chested girls scare some guys like me. cause where i live some girls dress like guys and without boobs i cant tell the difference when im playing DDR with one TT_TT

oh heres the announcer from DOA4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70q4-3J_xkg

Fawriel

Smash Master
Eh... no, as I expected. That announcer just lacks the awesomeness of the "MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"-guy. A female announcer makes sense in Dead or Alive, since that might as well be called Boob Fighter.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
:laugh: It's funny to see how many people wants a big-boobed woman announcer for Brawl when we never see the announcer in the first place. That's why it doesn't matter to me. :laugh:

Top Bottom