• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcer: Male or Female?

-Bo-

Smash Rookie
The characters should either say their names, or just make some sort of sound.(When you choose Ganondorf he does that evil laugh or when you choose Bowser, he growls.)

As for the announcer, I personally don't care if its a male or female, just as long as he/she has that "epic" sounding voice.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Have to say that I hope that Bill & Ben are the co-announcers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOv2cUv4gcU

It'd be awesome...

*Picks Pikachu*

Ben: Flobby
Bill: Og glob

*Picks Bowser*

Bill: Heni mo
Ben: Mey

*Picks Link*

Bill: Ogi
Ben: Blob

Am I the only one?

Anyway, I don't particularly care what gender the announcer is like as long as its easy to ignore and/or bareable.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Do all you people mean whne you put the token on them or when they enter the arena? SPECIFY people! I'd only want them to announce themselves whne they enter and then they don't have to say their name even if they can.

Skywalker

Space Jump
hey hey... yes...

= Clicky!
How can you stand Amy? Ugh, her voice is so annoying.

EDIT: You made a web page all about bashing my opinion. "You're famous when someone makes an owned page about you." :laugh:

EDIT 2: I'll add that to my signature.
Actually, Link does say something. "Come on!" says Link in WindWaker when he's calling the little character dudes in the temples near the end of the game.
I forgot about that.:laugh:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing a female for a change. But another thing that would be cool, is if the characters themselves would announce their own names after selecting them.
After reading the title of this thread I was going to post the same thing about having it as an additional rule.

But about the characters annoucing them well....

Bowser, DK and Mr.G&W don't speak human lol.

Ami

Smash Ace
I'd actually want them to announce their names when you put your token on them ... but I wouldn't really mind it either way.

krazyzyko, they don't have to speak English to announce themselves, do they? They can make sounds that people know.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
After reading the title of this thread I was going to post the same thing about having it as an additional rule.

But about the characters annoucing them well....

Bowser, DK and Mr.G&W don't speak human lol.
He (Bowser) did in Super Mario Sunshine.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
but that voice was horrible and horribly recieved, I think they've gotten that seeng how he doesn't talk in any newer games (Mario Kart: DD, New super mario bros, etc)

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
I like i the idea of the character announceing his or her name! i took this from someone elses!

Devl

Smash Journeyman
well yeah that is a pretty cool idea, but u know people will be pissed off at how a certain character says his/her name and will always whine about it lol, i think its best just to keep it neutral and classic

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
The worst thing that can happen is that if there WAS a female announcer, IT BETTER NOT be as ANNOYING as that Super Smash Flash female announcer. My ears almost bled after I heard her say Sonic and junk.

I'd like to keep the announcer a guy.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
You should have the option to make each character announce.

Mario- Itsa super smash brothers!
CF-*said in a Falcon punch-like manner*Super SMASH!
Peach- Smash Brothers! Sweet!
Link- Skyaaa! HYAAA! AAAAAH! NYAA!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If there's options I don't care, if not keep the current announcer or get or get a similar one. When women announce stuff it sounds like a comercial.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
How about a Barry White announcer?
did u just say barry white?no..just..no.never again.

how about the mortal kombat guy.or wait.if they just keep it the same that is nice.yet idc about voices really.if anything something like the mortal kombat guy needs 2 be in it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd hate to see SSB use something from Mortal Kombat. ANYTHING. If there's one series I wou;d want removed from existance it's MK. MK devs, go die!

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
did u just say barry white?no..just..no.never again..
Are you kidding? A Barry White sound-alike would be AWESOME. He may even get more chicks to play pro-level smash. :) LOL "Staying Power" should be a stage theme. "I've got the staying power. Just when you think it's over, I come right back again." until you edge hog me. :p LMAO

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Meh, I don't know if this has been brought up already, but wouldn't some characters sound a bit weird saying their own name? Link never talks- that should not be changed. Mewtwo is like the only Pokemon (in that game) whose vocabulary is comprised of bits of his own name- he only grunts (and laughs.) Donkey Kong never had a speaking voice, though he did have dialogue in some games (ie. DKC3, DK64) so DK speaking might sound weird. Ganandorf never has a speaking voice either, so he shouldn't say his name either. Unless he shouted out his attacks as he executed them like CF, (ie. GANON PUNCH!, GANON KICK!) saying anything for him would sound dumb. Kirby too- never says anything, just grunts and cries. Zelda- doesn't ever speak in a game. Same with Sheik. Ice Climbers? You gotta be kidding me. Samus? Depends if they still make her suit do all the talking. And G&W? Come on. Bowser would also sound rediculous with a voice- especially if its the one he used in Super Mario Sunshine.

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
it wouldn't be right for some characters to say their own names because like Hideous said, they don't talk... The annuncer should be male, because that is a classic thing of smash.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Characters saying their names wouldn't work. Too many conflicts would arise, they've all been listed so talking characters is an option that is pretty much illogcial.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Maybe instead of male or female, you could have the crowd do it. (The crowd that cheers and starts chants when you're fighting.) That includes males and females.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I guess characters making sounds would work. I'd pick Falcon over and over so he says something like 'YES!' or 'Falcon!!' or 'PAAAUUUNNCCCH!' over and over and annoy everyone within hearing range.

Top Bottom