• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcer: Male or Female?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Excellent idea fluffy! If Nintendo listens to Smashboards, the world will be a better place...

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
EXE said:
Hm... Let's see:

Super Smash Bros. BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWL!!!!
I actually have a pretty good audio example in my head about what Melee dude would sound like saying that. It's pretty good sounding.

I like the idea of having both Male and Female voice work. And I also like the idea of characters saying their names. One that sticks out in my mind is Link. I think it would be amazing to hear him say his name.

"Link..." (In totally cool yet eerie awesomeness voice)

fluffy

Smash Champion
Marshigio said:
Excellent idea fluffy! If Nintendo listens to Smashboards, the world will be a better place...
lol...

i wonder if they actually listen to ssb sites.

LtFoeHammer

Smash Apprentice
Just get the same chick who did the 'sexy' voice for UT2k4. (She sounded very "excited." And by that, it sounds like shes having an orgasm every time you get a Monster Kill.)

REØ

Smash Lord
lol it would be funny if you could select some of the characters as announcers like peach, or fox.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
LtFoeHammer said:
Just get the same chick who did the 'sexy' voice for UT2k4. (She sounded very "excited." And by that, it sounds like shes having an orgasm every time you get a Monster Kill.)
It sounds more like she's been shot 5 times and is slowly dying, that wasn't at all sexy, it was just hilarious.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
G.Fizzle said:
Agreed

however if we did have a female voice she better not sound all nerdy, a sexy and smooth voice like Mariah Carey would be nice
lol, Maria Carey voice-acting FTW!

Rash

Smash Ace
I actually think that two voices would be an interesting idea, for Brawl. They could have the male announcer (like the one we've seen in the previous Smash titles), and a new, female-voiced announcer. Either the voices could be used randomly throughout the game. Either that, or the male one could be specific to certain specific parts of the game, while other parts of the game are handled specifically by the female one.

I wouldn't mind hearing just the same male voice-work for Brawl's announcer, but it would be interesting to see a female voice in there instead. Having both voices could give the best of both worlds.

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
A choice would be nice, but that won't happen.

Anyway, I'd like to see a female announcer for a change. It might not sound as 'Brawly' as Nintendo wants, but I think the voice of a Female makes it seem more professional.

On the other hand, the male voice that is in SSBM fits perfectly, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed with a style like so.

RAMRAM

Smash Apprentice
I think it should be a male voice by default, since the other two games were a male voice.

But it should be able to be changed through the options menu, or where ever this option would be.

Vash619

Smash Apprentice
Noypi_GjD said:
Reminds me of Soulcalibur and how the characters say 'Soul Calibur II/III' too bad Nintendo characters are mute.
I agree whole-heartedly<- that word is spelt wrong, but you have a good point we need some sound "pee-pee-ka-chuuu!"

Granz

Smash Rookie
Personaly, I don't care if there is an announcer or not, as long as it doesn't sound like crap.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
the characters should announce thier own names. for the characters who dont talk:
kirby says it in some sort of high and hard-to-understand sound, but you can still tell that he is saying "kirby"(similar to kirbies "bye!" taunt.)
the zelda chars say thier name in hylian which is like "huyapapa" or however they talk...
samus just makes a couple of beeping sounds.
deoxys(if he gets in.....which he will.) will just make a couple of extraeresstrial beeping sounds.
donkey and diddy could just make a couple of monkey sounds.
(and heck, perhaps some characters who never spoken before might get a speaking role in this game. you never know...)
now the announcer for the rest of the stuff should sound like he did in melee.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Just for the record kirby says "hi" in his taunt not bye, he's waving to the crowd, also he should say that when he arrives. Also why do characters have to say their names? Why do they have to talk at all, surely they could just go hut hut hyaaah! (link) or appear from a warp pipe (mario) Bowser should come in in his clown car flying thing.

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
The characters should announce thier own names.
It could be a good idea, were it not so incredibly lethal. I know what few Nintendo fans know: the ominous secret behind Link's voice.

Since it's inception, the Legend of Zelda has been cursed. The Lost Woods in Zelda 1, the very existence of Zelda 2, the CD-i Zelda's; all of these are horrors wrought by the "Zelda Curse." During the development of Ocarina of Time (and subsequent Legend of Zelda games where Link had a voice actor), the curse struck the voice actor for Link and would strike any voice actor who would portray any iteration of Link in the future.

This is where the Zelda Curse gets deadly. Even though Link's voice actors have recorded Link speaking actual words before (the only successful attempt of this was during the development of Ocarina of Time), the recorded clips have since been destroyed. The reason behind this was due to the fact that whenever anyone heard Link speaking words, their eyes would melt, their bones would rot, and what was left of their bodies would actually implode in a fiery cacophany of nightmareish screaming. Countless sound technicians were sacrificed before the production manager found the problem and prevented it from happening again by deciding that Link should never speak words again.

As for the Legend of Zelda shorts in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show: the curse doesn't affect them because they came before Ocarina of Time.

Since these incidents, such an attempt at recording Link's voice has never been attempted for fear that the dreaded Zelda Curse could somehow grow in power...

bananapancakes

Smash Rookie
Donkey kong couldn't say his name, Bowser can't say his name, etc....
It'd be nice to see a change. Maybe different stages could have either female, or male voices.

bananapancakes

Smash Rookie
just keep the announcer from 64 and meele.
dont worry about going out and hiring a new anouncer, or making a male and female anouncer (that would take up a little bit of space, i would rather have an extra trophy then an extra female announcer, IMO)
I agree 100%
I'd rather have a new stage, than putting in even more announcer voices.

REØ

Smash Lord
I don't see any problem with the announcer they have right now for melee, but another option would be nice.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Donkey kong couldn't say his name, Bowser can't say his name, etc....
It'd be nice to see a change. Maybe different stages could have either female, or male voices.
not true about DK!! he (had) a show called 'Donkey Kong Country' .. they coiuld use his voice from that, or he could just go ' onh he hooooooon' :laugh: Bowser could just like...go...:RAWR: ahhahahaha

bananapancakes

Smash Rookie
not true about DK!! he (had) a show called 'Donkey Kong Country' .. they coiuld use his voice from that, or he could just go ' onh he hooooooon' :laugh: Bowser could just like...go...:RAWR: ahhahahaha
Thanks for reminding me.
That's true.
But they'd have to add voices for a lot of characters that have never been voiced.
Samus, Zelda+Link(With the exception of the old show). Some newer characters in brawl would have to be voiced. Metaknight, Samus, Wario(not really, he really only says WAHA). I'm not really sure. I think it's pointless to have characters announce their names

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
How about a commentator or something else? It be hilarious if the crowd began booing certain characters.

Top Bottom