• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcer: Male or Female?

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
I think , just to make it fair, the announcer should be a he-she!! ahaha I'm kidding, but I really think they should announce their own names, if they can't ...then just make a sound..

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yes but the anouncer for other stuff like GO! and GAME! and wow incredible etc, they still need one for those, characters shouldn't announce their own names whe nyou put the toke on them , that'd kinda suck I'd rather they just make a noise or say something (not their name unless they normally do-pickachu)when they entrer the stage, not announce their own name.

hao chi

Smash Cadet
I love the current Smash Bros announcer, but I wouldn't really care if it's a female voice instead if it's done right, but it's not a big deal even if they messed it up all I care about is the gameplay and Lyn. :p

Mr.Smash

Smash Apprentice
I say that like in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the game cube(or Sonic Adventure 2 for DreamCast), you should be able to choose voices for the game. This way we could use coins to unlock more sound schemes.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Just a stupid idea, but I had to say something about it, so here goes. What if you could use your own .wav files to create your own custom sound scheme... Haha your voice saying things like "You Just got PWNED!!!", or "Congradulations" haha. I thought that was a dumb idea, but now that I wrote it, it seems like a good one.

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
Haha women and smash. ha, ha, ha.

But seriously, that's like asking if sports announcers should be female. The most annoying thing when I watch a football game is when they have the token female announcer who inevitably sucks. Cheerleaders are fine. Guys like looking at chicks, hence ZS samus. Mmmm rendered boobies. Where was I? Oh right, women and smash, hahaha.
*cough*sexist*cough
i agree with you entirely Liveit

icymatt

Smash Lord
The Melee Announcer sounded like a vampire.

So, Brawl's voice announcer should sound like pirate.

ARRRRRRRRRRR this game's winner be...MARRRRRRRRRRRRio.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Maybe the movie announcer.:laugh:

Seriously though I think it should be a choosable announcer. You could pick from a female, the announcer from SSB64, or an announcer from another nintendo game. I cant think of any but Im sure theres at least one.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I honestly couldn't care less. Well, actually, the movie announcer sounds good.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Well I was kidding about the movie announcer but if you like it Im all for him being the announcer.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Well I was kidding about the movie announcer but if you like it Im all for him being the announcer.
I honestly didn't like the Melee announcer too much. . . .

saberhof said:
link clearly said Soul calibur 2[Sarcastic/]
I loved that narration also.

By the way, Zombie7775, the Pinball stage rules.:laugh:

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
personally, i would like themes... like in SA2/:B (sonic adventure 2)
likr, there would be a link theme, and a matio theme, a voshi theme.. and the song would be a variation of the menu song...
i love the amy theme ^_^ (amy for smash!)

Ami

Smash Ace
characters announcing their own names = win. ^____^
I love this idea!!! That would be sooo cool.

I actually have a pretty good audio example in my head about what Melee dude would sound like saying that. It's pretty good sounding.

I like the idea of having both Male and Female voice work. And I also like the idea of characters saying their names. One that sticks out in my mind is Link. I think it would be amazing to hear him say his name.

"Link..." (In totally cool yet eerie awesomeness voice)
I don't really want Link to say anything to be honest ...

--

I like the idea of a female announcer, but if I had to choose, I'd want the one who did Melee, 'cause he was perfect. A choice would be nice, too, though!

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
It would be hilarious to hear EA-style commentators in a Smash match. "And Falco with a solid hit. He scores again. Mario now over the edge." "I don't know about this one Bob, Mario could make it back. And he does!!! A brilliant edgemove by Mairo."

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
characters announcing their own names = win. ^____^
It'sa a me, MARIO! - Mario.

Ok, that works fine...but what about Link?...

"SCRAAAAAAH!"

Yeah. He's not hip with the whole word thing.

Captain Falcon?

"YES!" From his Up+b.

It's interesting...but I really like the classic announcer.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
when would they announce their name? do you mean when they arrive (fine by me) or when you place your otken on them (not so fine by me)

Fletch

Smash Master
If they change the announcer, I will not buy this game. He made Melee what it is. MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Anyone know who it is by chance?

Top Bottom