• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcer: Male or Female?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Aaaaaaaand I'm pretty sure you completely misinterpreted what I said. Good job on going around the filter, though.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
I think a female announcer would make it a little cooler and more relaxed, since they would obviously have to tone a female voice down from the shouting man of the first two. The shouting man was good in the first two because he pretty well captured our excitement of getting to fight as all these Nintendo characters. Now, however, the effect of that has largely worn off and a sexy lady voice could make it all sound a little cleaner and more futuristic (a la Star Trek).

Alternatively, they could go with the announcer from Wave Race 64. He wouldn't say character names, he would just say "Okay!" "Ooooooo-kay!" "OK!"

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
Yah sure...let the characters announce their own names and let's have the wave race guy announce when bowser gets knocked across the screen at 300percent. Better yet guys!!! Let's have the old GBA pokemon sounds be the voiceovers for all the characters' deaths. So when you spike someone like Captain Falcon you might hear the cry of squirtle in all it's distorted low POS quality.

On a serious note the idea of the UT2004 female announcer is pretty cool though...she does liven up the match moreso than the male one IMO but then again she doesn't beat the Melee announcer...."MAYLAAAAAAYYYY"

Oh and btw that female announcer in DOA is DISGUSTING. If she ever made it into Brawl I'd burn my Wii and kill myself.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
It would be cool for there to be programming allowing you to specify how the announcer pronounces your name tag. There would be each consonant possible, and the vowels too, each with several different types of emphasis, so that you can customize the pronunciation of your name. With this, at the end of a match, if you win, the annoucer will say, "This game's winner is, -" here he would say your name "-!" The crowd would receive the same sound messages, so they would chear for your pronounced name tag instead of your character's name. The only problem I see with this, is people could abuse the system and make the announcer say foul things.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
A man, but a more manly man than ever before. Such a manly man that a man like this man has not been heard in the likes of a Nintendo game before. This is the kind of manly man we need to announce for Brawl.

Fawriel

Smash Master
A man, but a more manly man than ever before. Such a manly man that a man like this man has not been heard in the likes of a Nintendo game before. This is the kind of manly man we need to announce for Brawl.
BUD FRIKKIN SPENCER!!!

elegyempty

Smash Rookie
Has anyone ever seen "The Warriors?" Y'know the Radio hostess? I want her to be the announcer.

"Hello Boppers... This is stock mode... Choose your character."
"Can you dig it?"

I'd like to opt for lots of different announcers, where each character is an announcer, and then there's also a standard male and female announcer.

Or just the male one is good. Keepin' it real.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
And er...how would Link announce anything? >.> Or ya know, all the other silent characters?
They would either have styled text boxes reflecting their games or speak Japanese. Though this would be a stretch either way, it would be better than nothing . But, not the Pokémon: they would talk in their native tongue. How many of you would LOVE to start it up hearing "Pika Chu Kachu ..CHAAAAAAA!" at the title screen?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Chuck Norris!!!
dang it i was going to put this for the manly man thing
Beat you too it dude. After that, he would roundhouse kick the screen...then you.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
WHY WOULD YOU FLIP!!! He would be the best in the world. Imagine picking Link and CN saying..."Chuck Norris" for every other character as well. C.Norris announcer=awesome.
If you flip, don't expect to have a jaw any more after a RoundHouse to the face.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
You know Chuck Norris once burned down a forest while experimenting with water.

What is the topic so we can get back to it again..?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Not with a Japanese(asian, chinese, whatever) accent as I posted on like the first page or something. But I want to just stick with the Male announcer and that is most likely going to happen anyways.

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
I think we should continue the tradition and keep the same announcer we've always had.

God, he's just so freaking awesome. The next Chuck Norris.

Docablo

Smash Rookie
Link would just scream randomly. "SHYAAAAAAAA!" "HIYAAAAA!" "GRAAAAAAAH!" XD.
Are u kidding. Link can't talk, he's never talked, why would SSBB be allowed to decide that he can talk? LOZ is always in text thats they way it is. So that would be stupid. The only thing i could see happening for link is that when u choose him a text box pops up and says ".......................................................".

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Actually, I would love for Cam Clarke to be the announcer. He is my favorite male voice actor out there. Here is some his works (the only ones I know of):

METAL GEAR SOLID THE TWIN SNAKES: "Liquid Snake"
TALES OF LEGENDIA: "Will"
TALES OF SYMPHONIA: "Kratos"

He just has an attractive voice.

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god oh my god oh my god

If Cam Clarke did it, he should yell Kratos' chant for when he casts Judgment instead of yelling GAME!

"Sacred powers, cast thy purifying light upon these corrupt souls! REST IN PEACE, SINNERS! JUDGMENT!"

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Are u kidding. Link can't talk, he's never talked, why would SSBB be allowed to decide that he can talk? LOZ is always in text thats they way it is. So that would be stupid. The only thing i could see happening for link is that when u choose him a text box pops up and says ".......................................................".
Well... Yeah. I was kidding. You know, as indicated by the "XD" at the end of my post. No need to get so uptight about it. I never even said he would talk. I was just referring to like in Soul Caliber II, different characters would say "Soul Caliber II" at the start screen, except Link who would just yell. If I recall correctly.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
David Hayter the voice of snake, although that seems out of place.

Get the really deep voice from Unreal and Quake, "HEADSHOT!"

Top Bottom