• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime Charleston Monthlies (Brawl-Melee) - North Charleston SC - June 13th GET HYPED!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I'm bringing my recording station, so that'd be cool.

I'm pretty sure that Thunder wants to jump in on that, as well.

Snap, too. Right?

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
I'm going to this with Yay and I definitely say don't ban MK. I completely agree that SC won't get any better at playing the matchup if they just john about it and don't man up.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Well, from what I've counted so far, it's like 16-18 from Smashboards. Non Smash Boards people might come, Anime Charleston might advertise, and people always go on AiB and SWF even if they're not registered to search for tournies. Maybe those kinds of people might be going if they saw this.

Kiyosuyo does make a point about learning the MK matchup. People can't get better at it if they don't play it. MK isn't so bad, M2K got 3rd at TP and lost to Tyrant and Fiction. Heck, even Olimars have beaten MKs before.

And thanks for the recording equipment, I'm hoping to get a lot of matches of me versus some of you guys.

Still, so far it's:

Ban - 6
Unban - 4

Another random note: If you guys still want to play Melee, you have to bring your own copies of them and your Memory Cards because I don't have a copy of Melee OR Memory Card save data, and neither does Anime Charleston. So you guys either bring your own stuff for Melee, or we can't do Melee.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Yea i mean the numbers are looking bigger then trc's last. and with people i haven't met.
Troy is in on this he said he will be in Charleston with family so he may be there to

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
dont count anybody in last minute things can happen.
And the common Wifi means nothing point.

WIFI FTW

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I vote Ban

We had months and months of NO ban... seriously... im tired of friends ruining a friendship over a $5 tourney (Crio)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
See my above post:

Mk IS broken, i don't care to delve into any arguing... the ppl who played brawl DAY 1 all know he is...
And mostly, its due to the fact that he has NO counter in the game... your best chance is to be a:) a FAR better player or b:) pick Mk yourself

Look at PP, NC rank 1 player. He lost to Sushi (a decent mk, but still a kid...) and was forced to pick Mk rather than marth. To which he 3 stocked him :/

Mk is a crutch. A skilled Mk is annoying as hell. A GOOD player with a skilled Mk has no counter. That's why we have a SC soft-ban in effect.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Are you talking about someone named "Sushi-Man"? If so, I played him on Wifi recently, mainly his MK. It does seem like I have to try like 1000 times harder, and still lose. Against his other characters though, I **** him. I always thought MK should be banned for a bunch of reasons, again, not going into that. But for this, I'll let the people who are attending decide.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Look at PP, NC rank 1 player. He lost to Sushi (a decent mk, but still a kid...) and was forced to pick Mk rather than marth. To which he 3 stocked him :/
PP never 3 stocked me. He never even 2 stocked me. All our matches were last stock and each of us had over 100% :/

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
That's exactly what im saying.

Mk is broken. A decent player can, should, and will beat a BETTER player, only because they chose Mk. Like thunder said, its holds back the competitive nature of our ALREADY small smash scene when you lose just cause of Mk.

I can beat Mk... but its BS that when against the wire... 7-10 of the ppl would crutch Mk rather than lose. yay was going to pull Mk, cause NEXT NEARLY AS BROKEN SNAKE wasn't doing so hot i here, lol (<3 you Yay!)

Jus saying. Snake may be broken, but he has character flaws that can be exploited. Mk has no flaw other than being light. He does NOT clank, he is NEARLY lagless... has HIGH KO potential, *****-nado is the second most broken move in the game... invulnerable high knockback UpB oOs beats almost anything anyone can throw at him...

He is busted beyond alll Repair. No counter save himself, which is a measure of player skill/knowledge of Mk.

And i personally, am not going to these tournies to play 12 Mks... i'd go to bills **** if i was into that mess

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
PP never 3 stocked me. He never even 2 stocked me. All our matches were last stock and each of us had over 100% :/
GE in Oct/November??

I DISTINCTLY remember you ****** his marth.. him deciding to go Mk, and 3 stocking you....

HOWEVER, in your defence, it was off here-say; i was in a friendly set with Crio/JoeC at the time...

But still... pp is obviously the better play... by leaps and bounds... he could not beat a decent player with a decent Mk, save countering Mk

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Well, from the looks of it, it looks like I have to ban MK so far, the votes helped defend that. Sorry for anyone that was going to use MK.

Still, I don't see MK being that bad. Fiction and Tyrant beat M2K at TP recently, Lain beat M2K at Apex, and Ally beat M2K at Apex. Players just have exp. against MK. As long as you have exp., you might be fine.

Still, I might have to ban him since so many people want me too.

EDIT: I've decided....I'm not banning MK. There are some reasons, and I'll explain. Well, not really any other area in the US has MK banned. How will this community earn any respect if he's banned? That won't make us look legit. How is SC, our whole community, going to earn any respect if MK is banned? If others can beat MK, why can't we? Look at Fiction, Ally, and others. They simply learned the matchup. Why can't we do that? We need to look better as a state, and we can't do that if MK is banned.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
okay plasma when you go to a real tournament and see that the semi and finals are mk dittos maybe youll know what were talking about.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I did go to a real tournament before. A MK wasn't even in the Finals, a Kirby player won. Did Apex have MK dittos for Semi Finals and Finals? No, did TP? No. I know what you guys are talking about, and most people do want him banned all over the country, but the whole Smash Scene didn't come to a concensus yet. If we ban him, it won't make us look good because nobody else did. It's not about whether or not people want him banned, it's about whether he is banned or not. And since he's not banned, I'm not going to ban him.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, I'm sorry, but I've been told "what happens in a Tourney is at the discretion of the TO".

Besides, only 2 people are going to use MK at the tourney...

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
okay well, im not going unless mk is banned, last tourney i went to doubles finals were 4 MK's. im not dealing with this **** anymore. i got gimped by some kid that i two stocked the round before after he switched to meta. ive talked to a few others and they feel the same, but they are choosing not to be as vocal.

good luck with this.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
^^ OH LAWD!

Might i add its just a game. Its not like Mk can show up next to your bed at night if he isn't banned.

Note: if he could i'd be all for banning him

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
okay well, im not going unless mk is banned, last tourney i went to doubles finals were 4 MK's. im not dealing with this **** anymore. i got gimped by some kid that i two stocked the round before after he switched to meta. ive talked to a few others and they feel the same, but they are choosing not to be as vocal.

good luck with this.
Okay to be fair, the bolded was like a last ditch effort on their part, and it was the only match like that we had out of 8.

The underlined, probably going to toss that one to matchup inexperience. How many Metas have you ever played in a tournament setting? If you don't know what he's capable of, of course you'll get destroyed.

Ninja edit: When the **** are you gonna call me Area_6?

Rayku

Smash Lord
South Carolina is a bunch of pansies if they're so ridiculous on a Metaknight ban. If ZOM~B and I were to come to SC, you'd be seeing a Lucario and ROB winning teams @_@

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
SMUG ***** IMMA CALL YOU IN NO LESS THAN 10 MINUTES

Foxy note: your luc would get pillar'ed come to plasma's 10 MM (more comp)

Laser edit: i can't find my cell send me your number though Pm

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
i love all of you. and yay. for your information kid had a decent fox. and it was NOT A6. it was just some gay there. and he gimped the **** out of me.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
By a fox with laser's that take 1% idk i just want you to come to the tourney. if you do ill MM you.

and i didn't pick meta vsing you. what you talking bout willis. i only played meta once and got 2 stocked. and i wont do it again

Rayku

Smash Lord
By a fox with laser's that take 1% idk i just want you to come to the tourney. if you do ill MM you.

and i didn't pick meta vsing you. what you talking bout willis. i only played meta once and got 2 stocked. and i wont do it again
I can't go this time. Pokemon Regionals. Apparently there's going to be one in August, and I'll come to that.

And I assume you'll just run away from me the entire time, shooting lasers? Awesome.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Area, we need to play if you manage to come here!

Yay, even though we never met, will you still trash talk me? lol

Who is this random Rayku dude everyone seems to know but me?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Why is everyone suddenly worried about how people perceive SC's Smash community? Very few people outside of our state even know that there's a scene for SSB here, and those who do have never been impressed by it.

I know, in my eyes, banning MK takes balls, especially coming from a small state like ours. We've done what the SBR won't do, and we admit to what the SWF populace denies—MK is more than broken, he's ban-worthy.

Pikmin, you need to set you mind in stone, is MK banned or not? Does the popular vote count, or not? Are you pulling an SBR-move, and giving us a poll just for ****s and giggles?

@Rayku--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDcFvDsjrzQ

That Rayku? A Lucario of that caliber wouldn't hold up down here, not against our Sonics, Marths, or Snakes—but, most importantly, definitely not our MKs.

Everyone's acting as if we're scared of him, or too dumb to learn the match-up. Just because he isn't tournament legal doesn't mean he isn't present at smashfests, friendlies, or MM's. We know the match-up just as well as any other state, we're just willing to swing that ban-hammer when the appropriate nail shows up.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Plasma for some reason I don't want to play you i have a feeling you will get in infraction points << PWNED!

no i won't laser you the whole match but i will run away and laser alot.

and yes yay will trash talk you UNLESS your giving him a serious challenge OR its friendly. it doesnt matter when its friendly he will still laugh at you

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
devin just put into words what every logical person in SC thinks.

if its MK free then its for me.

and dont talk **** about my state rayku.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
lol Area, get over the infraction points, that was long ago.

I'm willing to trash talk Yay if he trash talks me. =P

Well, I guess I'm not banning MK. There are many reasons why I'm not banning him, but I don't feel like I need to explain it since I'm the on hosting the tournament, but I did get many second opinions, from you guys and others, and I think that this is the right decision.

I already explained parts of it in previous posts I did, so you can just look at those. Sorry for those that really don't like MK and want him banned. I was considering that the poll was going to make an accurate decision, but polls are generally bias for the most part, which is why I didn't participate.

So I gave it a lot of thought for a while, and I came up with the decision that MK won't be banned. If some of you don't go for that simple reason, then that's your loss. This'll be a fun tournament, and sorry if you miss out on it. =D

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Nah, I'll be there, and I will be planking in full force.

I promise, I will take the timer the full eight minutes every match.

This tournament won't just be fun, it'll be an eye-opener for a lot of people.

Top Bottom