• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime Charleston Monthlies (Brawl-Melee) - North Charleston SC - June 13th GET HYPED!

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
^ thats gay just cause mk is banned we will play gay?

Ok then ill pick mk and go wee gee mansion or Rc for my cp's Lets do this.

And plasma un-block me on aim let me talk to you.

Rayku

Smash Lord
@Rayku--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDcFvDsjrzQ

That Rayku? A Lucario of that caliber wouldn't hold up down here, not against our Sonics, Marths, or Snakes—but, most importantly, definitely not our MKs.
Really? Trash talking me? I haven't trash talked anyone in this thread. I'm just saying that Metaknight isn't that bad, and you guys are all complaining about him way too much. Go ahead and plank, and see what Yay does to you. I'd love to see it happen.

I don't see how you can possibly legitimately trash talk me. Like, how good are you, good sir?

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
I've gotta say, this discussion is getting a tad ridiculous. When did this strawman argument of "banning MK is unpatriotic to our state" come into this? Call me crazy, but I don't think people are going to judge our entire state based on banning Metaknight at this tournament, and if someone does, well, frankly, their opinion wouldn't matter too much to me after that point <_<

But, it's whatever. It's your call, Plasma- you were the one kind enough to set this up, and it's up to your discretion. Whether MK is banned or not, I'll accept it- it just so happens that Metaknight is a part of Brawl, the game I chose to play, so I have to be prepared to accept any ramifications of him being there.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Ask VietGeek, he'll tell you.

My Marth certainly wouldn't be man-handled like that.
I wouldn't expect it to. That was the first time I had ever played against him, and he "quit Marth" because of me. I was rather disappointed by that, but I don't judge people just like that.

Have you ever faced/beaten any big names before?

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
=(

This is really out of hand. Why is this MK thing being taken so seriously? MKs are not that big of a deal as they were before, example is still being M2K being beat by others who don't main MK.

Well, I'm giving this MK thing a rest, you guys can continue on. The fact remains, MK IS NOT BANNED.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Went to several WABA's last year, never placed outside of top five.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I played you early last year—like, my first WABA.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Went to several WABA's last year, never placed outside of top five.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I played you early last year—like, my first WABA.
I've never played anyone by your name, unfortunately. I remember my opponents pretty well. Well, I remember those who beat me, and the only ones who ever do consistently are BigLou, Reflex and Kismet.

My first Waba was the December one. Before the December Waba, the only people who ever really played and placed were the Melee players, and they were all garbage. Desu was the #1 force back then, but he started getting man-handled, therefore switching to Metaknight.

You should come to a Waba tournament sometime again! The 20th is looking to be a pretty good turnout :)

zCasanova

Smash Lord
That's because D3 was the **** back then.

Apparently he's still the ****, though.

After all, the SBR agrees that he is "strong enough" to be in the same tier as MK.

That's pretty ****ing strong.

Edit:

Pikmin, I'm going to have to be a ***** here, due to your:

"luls lets have a vote"

"nah, jk"

You're using your discretion as a TO, correct?

Exactly how many tournaments have you held before? What extensive experience do you have that outweighs that of everyone who voted? Don't pull the, "It's my tournament, I booked the venue" thing. It's a legitimate question.

Aren't you fifteen years olds? What could you possibly know that we don't?

No disrespect meant, just curious is all.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Casanova, at most tournaments I see OoS, Metaknight is not banned. I don't see what's so wrong with Metaknight being legal. I mean, according to you, you guys aren't good enough to even have a top 5 power rankings, so I guess Metaknight could be scary (because a scrub Metaknight would be terrifying). I mean, that's the only justification I can gather :/

Also, that's not very nice. At all. Pulling the "It's my tournament" card is perfectly legitimate.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So... your throwing out what the CONCESUS BY POPULAR VOTE WHICH WAS SUGGESTED BY EVEN A PRO-MK PLAYER SUGGESTED TO BE FAIR???

Your THROWING IT OUT...

10WTFSISTHISSHIZ

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
This Is Basically Arguement Thread For People To Get What They Want.

If Mk Was Banned People Would Be In Here *****ing To. He Isnt Banned Stop The Bull**** And Play The ****ing Game

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Let Pikmin defend his decision, none of you are curious?

I can tell JMan is.

@Rayku—

How can any, one state 'not be good enough' for a PR list? Since when is there a skill requirement for a PR list? There's a difference between that and not having the scene for it.

In fact, if I recall correctly—I placed just fine on NC's PR list before they outgrew us and made it NC only.

Hmm... imagine that, someone from a MK-banned state placing on a PR list from a state where he's legal.

Stop trying to make low blows, I've nothing against you.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Pikmin, I'm going to have to be a ***** here, due to your:

"luls lets have a vote"

"nah, jk"

You're using your discretion as a TO, correct?

Exactly how many tournaments have you held before? What extensive experience do you have that outweighs that of everyone who voted? Don't pull the, "It's my tournament, I booked the venue" thing. It's a legitimate question.

Aren't you fifteen years olds? What could you possibly know that we don't?

No disrespect meant, just curious is all.
I seriously lol'd at this post. I don't see why age matters. I had a vote to see what you guys think, but I think that voting thing caused this whole thing to happen. Then, seeing how the situation turned sour, I just did what I felt would calm it down. This is my first tourney, I do have exp. with tournies. Not sure why you're acting like this. And I'm 15, yes, what does that have to do with anything? I could know more than you about Brawl for all we know, but I don't care about that. If you do still go to the tourney, and I manage to beat you, I'm not even going to say anything, srsly. I'll just get up and move on.

Btw, even though this is Wifi, why should MK be banned, if I got 0-deathed and STILL won?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDpGBO2lp8

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Using a WiFi match, with a scrubby MK as reinforcement for your non-ban decision is, by itself, enough to justify my post.

This situation occurred because you decided to hold a vote, and then proceeded to ban MK.

Now, you've taken that back and changed the rules for a third time—that can't constitute me questioning you as a TO?

You do realize that your tournament is in a week, right?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Let Pikmin defend his decision, none of you are curious?

I can tell JMan is.

@Rayku—

How can any, one state 'not be good enough' for a PR list? Since when is there a skill requirement for a PR list? There's a difference between that and not having the scene for it.

In fact, if I recall correctly—I placed just fine on NC's PR list before they outgrew us and made it NC only.

Hmm... imagine that, someone from a MK-banned state placing on a PR list from a state where he's legal.

Stop trying to make low blows, I've nothing against you.
I haven't made any low blows at all. You've been punching yourself in the gut. I'm just pointing out to you what you're saying to trash talk your own state, and it's embarrassing. I've nothing against you either, but you've clearly pointed out that "a Lucario of my caliber wouldn't stand a chance against your players." That's a shot directly at me, bashing my skill as a player.

Why did NC outgrow you in the first place? Power Rankings are hardly an accurate position of one's skill.

In short, you're bashing my skill as a player. I've said that twice, but it's really irritating and disrespectful. Then you go out and say you have nothing against me. That doesn't...compute in my head. Call me stupid, if you will.

I'm from a Metaknight legal state. I've gone to about two OoS tournaments, and I seem to have an outstanding problem against Wario. That's just my character's fault, though, and I'm sure it'll be overcome eventually. Hopefully soon @_@

Also, from what you've been inferring, your state is full of about 15 very good, very solid players. While 15 may not be a very large scene, if they're all really good, there's no reason to not hold a Power Rankings for it. I mean, when you said that my Lucario wouldn't hold against your Sonics, Marths, Snakes, or Metaknights, and you say something like:

"To say that anyone after #5 is worthy of a spot on a PR list is just laughable."

You listed 4 characters. I guess that means you have one more good player? I don't understand this logic. You're contradicting yourself in separate threads, and not expecting me to actually read everything you're saying. Trust me, I'm trying to understand as best I can.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
South Carolina is a bunch of pansies if they're so ridiculous on a Metaknight ban. If ZOM~B and I were to come to SC, you'd be seeing a Lucario and ROB winning teams @_@

Seriously, I don't mean to keep one-upping you, but can't you remember that post?

Let it die there, these things can go on for ages.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Because you got wifi gimped.

You know, i hate to be biased. but NOT A ONE OF YOU save Yay has made a good pro-Mk arguement. Your all being "lol, this is stupid, your hurting yourself, *******, ect".

Dev has made intelligent, thought out posts, asking legitimate questions... and your only counter-points have been REACHING at straws to cut him down.

It is quite simple: Mk has no and i stress NO counter. Mk is unbeatable. He is by far the best character, and yea.. in theory he can fight straight up and lose (Yay, xD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWAIVfYJ0jg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJAYbVKwCjc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlRV-h9AH-I&feature=related

Yay is a GREAT player... but he fought STRAIGHT up.... Sonic actually has tools that counteract what stops Mk from being so gay to most... varied recovery, Spring> UpB, HA beats *****-nado 80% of the time, and Fair beats out both drill rush and glide attack (clangs* with Fairs first hit, subsequent hits penetrate EVERY time ;) lol )

Had Yay known/so chose... he could have planked me... which is easily done. Percentage lead (no one is better than Mk, not even debateable) He can (and should) be in a % lead. Then plank. Profit. You've won. They get to aggressive, get gimped, like what happened to Pikmin.

Make an informed, intelligent reason. Debate and arguing are different things. And yes, Pikmin, you pulled a "TO RULEZ!!!" move. You held a vote and decided to throw it out regardless and just do it your way.

I would like to know why you decided that your word holds greater sway than what the MAJORITY of your tourney's players want. I want valid points, im not antagonizing. Present them please

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I do know it's in a week. And you and Oh!Snap are just making this really difficult. MK is not banned, those are the rules. MK is in Brawl, you have to deal with that. If you guys just can't deal with MK not being banned, then I'm sorry. Master Raven isn't a scrubby MK either, he's well known in FL. I just wanted to have a nice, enjoyable tourney, that turned to sourness because two people are pissy about MK being unbanned. He wasn't even banned to begin with. The vote wasn't even over yet, I said Wednesday.

I organized this fine, but it just turned bad when someone got mad over a video game character not being banned. Everything was in perfect order, setups, money, tables, everything. I know this will just continue, and no one will win, but please, can we just end this before it gets even worse? I don't want to have to end this convo with hostile feelings. I just wanted to help SC, but apparently, a flying puffball with a mask and wings is causing it to be bad.

MK is not banned, rules are rules.

EDIT: Yes, MK is the best character, he has no cp stages or characters. But he still manages to lose against people. You guys keep missing that. He loses to Snake, Wario, and even a Sonic at one time. I'm just going by what the rules for all of the US are. And that is to NOT BAN MK YET. If you have a problem, talk to them, not me.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
rayku, you really have no need to sit behind a computer screen and **** talk a whole state. that is whats disrespectful. not Devin insulting your skill as a player, because i haven't even seen him do that. and wow, you've been to Oos tourneys, quit name dropping, we aren't impressed.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I would like to know why you decided that your word holds greater sway than what the MAJORITY of your tourney's players want. I want valid points, im not antagonizing. Present them please
Please respond to this, you've got the majority of your tournament's populace asking the same question.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
also, wifi sucks. im not making this difficult, its just that me and devin and yay are the only people who have had something intelligent to say. your the one making it difficult based soley on the ignorance you have over this.

i play brawl, mk is in brawl.

i deal with it.

its the fact that you took a vote. then said "oh well, my tourney i dont want mk banned. lol"

i really dont care if you think im making anything difficult im just letting you know how difficult it can get.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Mk is unbeatable.
-obviously- not true. After seeing you say that, I honestly can't take anything you say seriously. At high level play, I see Plank still losing games. How is this? He's the one that invented the style. According to you, Plank should be winning every tournament he goes to without any opposition in the least.

@Oh!Snap: "That Rayku? A Lucario of that caliber wouldn't hold up down here, not against our Sonics, Marths, or Snakes—but, most importantly, definitely not our MKs." -Devin.

That, right there, is an insult to me. Trash talking me. In the words of Rafiki, "Look harder"

My claim about teams was just a friendly jest. I'm sure you guys would probably beat us out. ZOM~B and I haven't ever won a teams event, sadly.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Everyone knows Wifi sux, no need to say that, so it doesn't matter if you say it.

I think my word holds greater because I'm the one that paid the money to rent the venue (15 years old don't pay that kind of money), discussed everything, got this place to HELP the SC Smash Scene, organized when and where this is, and I'm the on hosting this.

Btw, you're wrong on the majority part obviously.

If I recall, the last count was:

Ban - 6 or 7 out of 18ish people.......since when is that majority, that isn't even half......Math helps.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
And that is to NOT BAN MK YET. If you have a problem, talk to them, not me.
You ever tried talking to the SBR?

They pulled the same *****-move you did:

Here's a poll, everyone vote.

The SBR isn't some governing body, the don't release laws, only recommendations.

You're worried about SC falling behind as a state? How about take a step forward and do something ground-breaking for thirty-eight characters' meta-game?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Ban - 6 or 7 out of 18ish people.......since when is that majority, that isn't even half......Math helps.
If eighteen people make it to this, I'll be surprised.

How do you even know a definitive number? You won't know that until people show up on the day of the tournament.

Last count:

7 - ban
4 - no ban

How does the majority not lose in this?

I think my word holds greater because I'm the one that paid the money to rent the venue (15 years old don't pay that kind of money)
wtf is the door fee for?

Aren't you getting the money back? If not, you're doing something wrong as the TO.

If money is what gives the ban/pro-ban argument priority, why are we not considered?

We are paying you money to play in a tournament, does that not count?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
If I recall, the last count was:

Ban - 6 or 7 out of 18ish people.......since when is that majority, that isn't even half......Math helps.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

lol you are so wrong.

Ok, now it's:

7 - Ban

4 - Unban

This has me wondering, why do you guys want him banned so badly?
Well, from the looks of it, it looks like I have to ban MK so far, the votes helped defend that. Sorry for anyone that was going to use MK.

no ones going to want to come to your tourney if your being a **** to everyone. and an under handed one at that.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Anyway. I never trash talked anyone in this state on a serious level. I was called out on being terrible apparently. I guess not being known has fought against me. That's fine, though. I know who is good in SC and who is not. I'll make an honest effort to attend a South Carolina tournament in the future, where I won't expect to get higher than last place. I hope this tournament goes well on Saturday, wish I could be there.

No hate to anyone.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Man **** This Dumb *** Thread

A Bunch Of Grown *** Men *****ing About Mk

A We Wonder Why Sc Will Never Be Good

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Anyway. I never trash talked anyone in this state on a serious level. I was called out on being terrible apparently. I guess not being known has fought against me. That's fine, though. I know who is good in SC and who is not. I'll make an honest effort to attend a South Carolina tournament in the future, where I won't expect to get higher than last place. I hope this tournament goes well on Saturday, wish I could be there.

No hate to anyone.
Ah, great end to a needless argument.

I concede, too. Fighting online is silly.

Thanks for ending it like a man, and not acting like a *****.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Ah, great end to a needless argument.

I concede, too. Fighting online is silly.

Thanks for ending it like a man, and not acting like a *****.
I try to keep on peoples' good sides as best as possible. Why I don't go to the Lucario boards. Those guys are **** idiots.

We can settle any skill debates when I actually get to play you, and I very much look forward to that day.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Well, again, I'm going by what the rules/standards are for the whole country. From what I see, it's to not ban MK. I'm following that. The polls weren't even done with, so why are you complaining. I did what I thought was right. It seems like you only want MK banned so that you have a better chance of winning.

I am helping SC by actually doing a tournament. Getting a new Smash Scene and stuff. Getting people together. That's a start.

Now, I have better things to do then argue to a monitor over a puffball with wings. You guys can continue this dumb arguement, it won't change anything. Go ahead and continue. I'm done with you guys for now. Just be mature and accept the rules and end this stupid arguement.

I hope I get to play you guys at this tourney. Use MK all you want.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
The majority Pikmin is the ppl who have had their say. Period. Not prospective ppl who may or may not show.

Out of the 11 ppl who have "voted",. 7 of them are pro ban.

And @Rayku: Dont know you, never heard of you, and i posted 3 vids of me BEATING A MK IN MY POST. I also went on to explain the reasonings as to WHY i SHOULD have lost

FYI: NOT every character has an answer to Planking. Your arguing about CPing, and the whole point past you reaching at more straws attempting to cut my my post down apparently without reading... :/ was that there IS NO CP OR CP STAGE for Mk.... just another Mk

It boils down to the HOBO incident: Semi-Finals on, good players mained a healthy plethora of characters. Shiz hit the fan.... they ALL went Mk. I personally see no enjoyment at watching the ENTIRE GAME go to pot and holding the rest of the metagame up for Mk, he needs to be banned. SBR has several times ignored this, because most either main or crutch Mk (ask Crio what M2k said to him in person in their little chat about the Mk ban at C3, its pretty funny, xD)

Mks loosing is not the Rule as your arguing... its the VERY RARE EXCEPTION, tourney results don't lie. When he is banned, the tournies are far more intense/fun. Sonic vs Snake, D3, Wario ect are FUN and although DISADVANTAGED, legit winnable if played well. Fact is... if Mk isn't playing well and I was.... i still should loose cause he went Broken Tier

Top Bottom