• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (Title TBD) Creation Thread - CONTINUATION!!!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
The results on the poll are in!

Multiverse will be selected as the third stage joining the lineup. Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and thanks to everyone who participated in this poll and job!

Prompt submissions are now over!

I put the submissions in tables to help separate them better. If anyone has a problem reading the prompt submissions or prefer the old way, I can write them out like usual.
Meme Pick Butters Stotch Butters Stotch
Pixar Character Butters Stotch Butters Stotch
Pre-school TV show character Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Character who debuted on Netflix or Another Streaming Service Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Superhero (this could include characters from Marvel or DC but could also include characters like Crimson Chin, Powered Toast Man and Mermaid Man, among others) @Darkonedagger
Villain (could be from an existing seires or new) @Darkonedagger
Second rep to a series on the roster evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Old/elderly character (not a character from a really old movie or show like Mickey or Bugs, just a elderly character) evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Character from a Disney movie Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Character from a Shonen anime Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Non-Shonen anime character Yiptap Yiptap
Character whose series has had a game adaptation Yiptap Yiptap
Anime character that does not have a manga cashregister9 cashregister9
Character from a Non-Disney movie cashregister9 cashregister9

Only three newcomer prompts will be chosen for this job and the highest voted prompt will get two characters into the roster, while the rest will get one!

Vote for your top three favorites! You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
This is probably our most tied voting period
Meme Pick Butters Stotch Butters Stotch 1 vote
Pixar Character Butters Stotch Butters Stotch 5 votes
Pre-school TV show character Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 5 votes
Character who debuted on Netflix or Another Streaming Service Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 8 votes
Superhero (this could include characters from Marvel or DC but could also include characters like Crimson Chin, Powered Toast Man and Mermaid Man, among others) @Darkonedagger5 votes
Villain (could be from an existing seires or new) @Darkonedagger0 votes
Second rep to a series on the roster evanwoo10 evanwoo10 3 votes
Old/elderly character (not a character from a really old movie or show like Mickey or Bugs, just a elderly character) evanwoo10 evanwoo10 1 vote
Character from a Disney movie Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 0 votes
Character from a Shonen anime Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 5 votes
Non-Shonen anime character Yiptap Yiptap 2 votes
Character whose series has had a game adaptation Yiptap Yiptap 5 votes
Anime character that does not have a manga cashregister9 cashregister9 2 votes
Character from a Non-Disney movie cashregister9 cashregister9 0 votes

Character who debuted on Netflix or Another Streaming Service has won first place! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and thanks to everyone who participated in this job! Then, we have a tie with five votes for five different prompts! Pixar Character, Pre-school Character, Superhero, Shonen Anime Character, and Character whose series has had a game adaptation have all tied! We will be doing another voting round to decide which will be our second and third character prompts, after our character submission jobs!

Job #49: Submit a character who debuted on Netflix or another Streaming Service (Submission by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game!

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Pre-school TV show character Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 5 votes
Character who debuted on Netflix or Another Streaming Service Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 8 votes
Superhero (this could include characters from Marvel or DC but could also include characters like Crimson Chin, Powered Toast Man and Mermaid Man, among others) @Darkonedagger5 votes
Old/elderly character (not a character from a really old movie or show like Mickey or Bugs, just a elderly character) evanwoo10 evanwoo10 1 vote

Character who debuted on Netflix or Another Streaming Service has won first place! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and thanks to everyone who participated in this job! Then, we have a tie with five votes for five different prompts! Pixar Character, Pre-school Character, Superhero, Shonen Anime Character, and Character whose series has had a game adaptation have all tied! We will be doing another voting round to decide which will be our second and third character prompts, after our character submission jobs!

Job #49: Submit a character who debuted on Netflix or another Streaming Service (Submission by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game!
Would Meliodas from the Seven Deadly Sins count? It comes from a manga, but the anime is a Netflix original.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job #49:

Since Close Enough is exclusive to HBO Max, I'll submit its protagonist Josh Singleton. Close Enough has been received positively (to the point that it has a 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes) and comes from JG Quintel, the creator of Regular Show, one of CN's most popular shows. Josh's inclusion can make up for Mordecai and Rigby not getting in as of writing. While Close Enough is intended for older audiences, it overly violent or explicit so I think it's fine in terms of censorship.

As for Josh's moveset, since Close Enough is a more surreal take on modern, everyday life, I propose having his attacks reflect that. He could work similarly to Hugh Neutron, who I previously submitted, and the Villager in Smash. I think this would make for a fun moveset.

Last edited:
Job 49:
Miko Kubota (Glitch Techs)

Since Glitch Techs is Netflix Show, so why not her? She could join the Fight since she has popular show with VG references and cool moveset potential. She could use her blaster as Neutral Special or etc. Even her alt can be Hi-5, Miko's Teammate of Glitch Techs, which it could be very unique pick.

I nominate her, because she could be another Nickelodeon Rep, but this time coming from Netflix and her popularity nearly ascended Fans. Even tho, she could be first character to have VG-theme moveset, since it uses Pixel Monsters from the TV Series as Smash Attacks for cool example.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Yeah dude!
Thank you!

Meliodas (The Seven Deadly Sins)

Meliodas is the demon protagonist of the Seven Deadly Sins, as well as the leader of the group of the same name, where he has been dubbed as the dragon sin of wrath. It’s not as popular as a Shonen manga, but The Seven Deadly Sins still has a decent fanbase. Meliodas is known for being very perverted, but it's easy to remove, so I think he'd work.

Last edited:

Thank you for my Pick.

D

Deleted member

1. Miko
2. Bean
3. Mediolas

Aside from Bean I'm not super familiar with any of these characters so I just went with who seems like they could have the most moveset potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord

Miko Kubota and Meliodas will be joining our roster! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , Yiptap Yiptap , and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #50 Submit a character to join the roster

We have hit a big new milestone for the thread, our 50th job! This projected was started all the way back in April by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and continued on to October. Throughout that time, our project has continued to grow strong. I want to thank everyone who has helped on the thread! Members long gone, members who came later, and the members who were here since day one! This milestone will not be the end of the project, we still have a long way to go. I just wanted to reward everyone by having this very special job submission round!

For this job submission round, we will be accepting a total of three characters from this job!

Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game! Our thread rules will still be in effect for this special submission period!

There will probably not be another special job period like this, until our one hundredth job!

Last edited:
Job 50:
CatDog (CatDog)

Works Same as in NASB, but he has a Gimmick that Dog gets more damage, but smaller knockback by Enemy and Cat gets less Damage, but gets launched further by Enemy. Although, his Side Special can be Cloud Fight that they roll through whole stage.

Inclusion of Him could be Referencing Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl and he could be fighter that could be equivalent of Pyra and Mythra of the Game. Also, if you Like CatDog, then I respect your Opinion to add him into Animation Smash!

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job #50:

I was either gonna resubmit Hugh Neutron or submit Mordecai & Rigby, who were previously submitted by another user and were close to making it in, but I thought I'd go for something different...

I'll submit Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z as a second rep for the series. Vegeta is one of the most popular characters in the entire series, even managing to overtake Goku as the most popular DBS character, so I think having the two together in the roster would be pretty neat.

Like Goku, Vegeta has good moveset potential, having several abilities to pull from and obviously being able to turn Super Saiyan. His attacks have been utilised in fighting games before, so I don't think they'd be that hard to translate into this one. I also think his attitude and personality should be reflected in his taunts and other animations. as they're aspects of his character that are enjoyed by fans.

By the way, congratulations on reaching Job #50!

Last edited:
Top Bottom