• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (Title TBD) Creation Thread - CONTINUATION!!!

Here are the results!

Annoying Orange Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 8 votes
Morph Butters Stotch Butters Stotch - 8 votes
Jack Skellington @Darkonedagger - 12 votes
The Snow Miser @BonafideFella - 12 votes
Pingu evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 8 votes

We have a tie between Jack Skellington and the Snow Miser! Below is a poll to vote for which one will be chosen!
Job #45: Submit a favorite food item for Strong Bad or Gumball

You can submit a favorite food for Strong Bad, Gumball, or both of them. Make sure to explain what the food is and why it should be chosen. Only one favorite food can be chosen for each of them!
I don't know why everyone Tied?
Like Snow Miser with Jack? OK.
But the Rest Tied. Darn, I think we equally like those ideas like Annoying Orange or Pingu.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for character submissions are now over!

Jack Skellington will be joining our roster! Congratulations to @Darkonedagger and thanks to everyone who participated in the poll & this job!

Favorite food submissions are now over as well!

Gumball’s favorite food will be a Joyful Burger by Butters Stotch Butters Stotch ! We have a tie between Hot Fries and Fluffy Puff Marshmallows for Strong Bad! Below is a poll to vote for which favorite food item should be chosen!
Job #46: Submit an item from either a represented or non-represented series

We will only be accepting three items for this job!

Make sure to talk about what the item is and how it would work in our game. Food items are not allowed, food is only reserved for the favorite food jobs!

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I’m sorry for being late with assist trophy results! I completely forgot about it while doing the character submission jobs!

Doraemon by Tankman from Newground’s will be our third new assist trophy joining the collection! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and thanks to everyone who participated in the poll & our assist trophy job!

JOB 46:
Portal Gun (Rick and Morty)

It works like Ray Gun, but it creates one Portal to warp to another random part of the Map, which is cool. You can create portals to trick your opponents like Sending them Off-stage by coming out of Portals or etc. If you charge it, it summons Deadly stuff from Portal like Miniguns or Monsters (Referencing to Last episode of Season 5).

I nominate the Item, because it would represent Rick and Morty cartoon (Despite we might get Possibly Morty as Fighter, which he is milder than Rick due to Censorable stuff). Even tho, this item is first time that can let you warp around the Map or trick enemies with Portals. This item is unique comparing to others that can Batter, heal or etc.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 46

Rick's Portal Gun

This item when used will create a portal in the background that shoots out a random assortment of items. This would basically be this games equivalent of Smash's crate
JOB 46:
Portal Gun (Rick and Morty)

It works like Ray Gun, but it creates one Portal to warp to another random part of the Map, which is cool. You can create portals to trick your opponents like Sending them Off-stage by coming out of Portals or etc. If you charge it, it summons Deadly stuff from Portal like Miniguns or Monsters (Referencing to Last episode of Season 5).

I nominate the Item, because it would represent Rick and Morty cartoon (Despite we might get Possibly Morty as Fighter, which he is milder than Rick due to Censorable stuff). Even tho, this item is first time that can let you warp around the Map or trick enemies with Portals. This item is unique comparing to others that can Batter, heal or etc.
Lmao I'm going to change mine.

Sorcerer's Hat (Mickey)

This hat once equipped will change the users forward smash attack to a large blast of water.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
The Potion (Emperor’s New Groove)
It’s a throwable item that can turn whoever was hit into an Animal for 5 Seconds. For example, Mickey Mouse becomes Pluto for 5 Seconds, being able to Claw and Bark. Bruno could turn into Notorious B.I.G. as another example, auto aiming towards the opponent. Stuff like this would be the Potion’s Specialty. Will do the rest at a later date since I’ve been gone for a little bit.

I’m sorry for being late with assist trophy results! I completely forgot about it while doing the character submission jobs!

Doraemon by Tankman from Newground’s will be our third new assist trophy joining the collection! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and thanks to everyone who participated in the poll & our assist trophy job!
Thank you for my Submittion.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for Strong Bad’s favorite food is now over!

Strong Bad’s favorite food will be Fluffy Puff Marshmallows by cashregister9 cashregister9 ! Thank you to everyone who participated in that job and poll!

Item submissions are now over!

Portal Gun Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Sorcerer's Hat cashregister9 cashregister9
The Potion JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691
Ball @Darkonedagger

Only three items will be chosen for this job!

Vote for your top three favorites! You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for item submissions are now over!

Portal Gun Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 5 votes
Sorcerer's Hat cashregister9 cashregister9 - 6 votes
The Potion JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 7 votes
Ball @Darkonedagger - 6 votes

The Potion, Sorcerer’s Hat, and Ball will be joining our selection of items! Congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 , cashregister9 cashregister9 , @Darkonedagger, and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #47: Submit a stage (Read Description Below)

We will be accepting a total of three stages for this job.

The stage can be from a represented series, non-represented series, or an original one involving animation. Remember to describe what the stage is and how it would work. What cameos or hazards would there be as well?

Job 47:
Multiverse (Rick and Morty)

The Layout would be walk-off stage with 2 Roof Platforms of Smith Residence in Washington state. When during 1/4 of Match it starts to Rip out from Ground and it takes to Random Dimension or Planet:
  • Gazorparp (Cameos are Morty Jr. and other Gazorparpians)
  • Cromulon Dimension (Cameos are Cromulons in BG)
  • Birdworld (Cameos are Birdperson, Tammy and Birdperson Child)
  • Narnia Dimension (Cameos are Hoovy, Mr. Nimbus and Japheth)
  • Citadel of Ricks (Cameos are Ricks like Quantum Rick's and others, who don't speak at all)
After trip throught dimensions and planets, the house finally lands at end of Match, where it stood.

I nominate it, because we need Rick and Morty representative (Again due to failure of Item submittion) and that would be cool if we had [Adult Swim] rep stage. Although, we might see Morty as Playable someday and we won't make any stages for him if he was Added into Game, since this stage submittion can be great.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I will be keeping stage submissions open for a few more hours! If anyone else wants to submit a stage, here is your last chance!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Windmill Island (The Gorillaz)

Based off of the island seen in several of the band's music videos, most notably Feel Good Inc. This stage is fairly small, with walk offs. The band themselves can been seen, goofing around and playing their instruments.

The stage has a couple hazards, the helicopters and screens from the aforementioned video will briefly appear, doing damage, and the demon from the Clint Eastwood video will appear in the background, chucking and trying to damage fighters.

Wanted to submit Plastic Beach but I couldn''t think of a decent gimmick

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Resubmitting this:

Bob’s Burgers

The restaurant from the show Bob’s Burgers and the house of the Belcher family. I think it would work best to have the series represented just in stages, because while the characters could work, it would be a bit of a stretch and they wouldn’t exactly have much to work with.

Anyways, we can have cameos from the entire Belcher family and other side characters could sometimes come to watch you fight on the street in front of the restaurant. It would be a simple stage (the smashville layout) but good to represent the series.

Also, in the series the sign of the store on the right changes at the start of each episode, as an opening gag not unlike the couch gags of The Simpsons. So, I think we should have a list of stores or businesses from each universe and have the sign change to reference a random one of those stores each time. So the sign could change to The Krusty Krab, Kwik-E Mart or Capsule Corp each time just to name a few, and as a small bonus for fans they could see those businesses competing with Bob’s Burgers. And yes we wouldn’t have the meth joke

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
With Spooky season in Full force I'm going to submit this

The Unknown (Over the Garden Wall)

This Stage would be a platform in the middle of a dark forest with some fog rolling over the stage. The Platform is about the size of FD and it has 2 platforms arranged like Pokemon Stadium 2. The Platform itself is a grassy mountain with some Trees making up the 2 platforms, in the middle is a chopped down Edelwood tree with a lantern on it and a pumpkin at it's roots. The frog might also hop around the background picking up Black Turtles and playing a tiny piano.

Occasionally in the background some trees or bushes will part revealing something.
-Beatrice entering a hole in a tree.
-The Beast
-The woodsman gathering wood
-The Gorilla
-Antioch and some other pumpkins dancing
-One of Quincy Endicott's prized Peacocks walks around
-Lorna walking around

Once someone is at low stocks or the time is running out it starts to snow.

Whenever you start the stage you can hear a train whistle

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #47: Animator’s Desk
59836B19-54FC-45EB-A69B-DED1A29A789F.jpeg

This stage takes place on the desk of an animator, in front of their keyboard. There will be a computer that will have a character on our roster being drawn. For cameos, there could be a few statues of anyone on our roster. For hazards, there could also be a coffee cup that could occasionally break and flow across the stage (acting like lava), until a hand with a napkin comes down to quickly clean it up.

Stage submissions will end in one hour!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Here are the results!

Multiverse Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 5 votes
Windmill Island @Darkonedagger - 2 votes
Bob’s Burgers Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 8 votes
The Unknown cashregister9 cashregister9 - 5 votes
Animator’s Desk evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 10 votes

Animator’s Desk and Bob’s Burgers will be chosen as stages! Congratulations to evanwoo10 evanwoo10 , Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule , and thanks to everyone who participated in this job! We also have a tie for third place, between Multiverse and The Unknown! Below is a poll to decide which one will be chosen!
Job #48: Submit up to two newcomer character prompts

Three newcomer prompts will be chosen for this job and the highest voted prompt will get two characters into the roster, while the rest will get one!

Character that was not created by America or Japan
Meme Character
Non-Traditional Animation Character

You can submit either one or two prompts for this job! When submitting newcomer prompts, try to think about what you think our roster needs or is lacking. You are allowed to submit past newcomer prompts as well. The top three most voted character prompts will be chosen.

There may also be a special character submission job coming up to celebrate a milestone for the thread! Job 50!

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job #48:

The prompts I'm submitting are the previously covered meme pick (there are a lot of good choices out there, especially the candidates nominated) and a Pixar character (while there are animated movie characters on the roster, none are from Pixar, the same company that kickstarted feature length CGI animation and made several childhood classics).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Submit a superhero (this could include characters from marvel or dc but could also include characters like crimson chin, powered toast man and mermaid man, among others).

Submit a villain. Could be from an existing seires or new.

• Character who debuted on Netflix
My I suggest tweaking this to be just "a streaming service"' rather than Netflix. Makes it more broad

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom