• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "And Then Suddenly..." [1.1.5] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Was the knockback growth on Finishing Touch reduced entirely or just the air version?
I don't know how it works exactly, but i can tell you that some code that before said "Do the same as [Finishing Touch]" now does a copy of Finishing Touch with lower kbg numbers instead.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Just posting this so that it doesn't get lost in a sea of text.

Samus's missiles have a small change. Both kinds come out of the arm cannon quicker but the endlag is the same.

Would appreciate some other people to confirm this.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Samus's missiles have a small change. Both kinds come out of the arm cannon quicker but the endlag is the same.

If i recall correctly there was a place in the diffs where there was new frame multipliers, with no hitboxes. Could have been the file that calls missile. Give me a sec I'll take a look

Edit1:
some samus diffs.jpg

these do line up with old super/guide missiles

Edit2:
If my maths are right
  • Guide missile
    • FAF is still the same
    • missile on frame 20->18
  • Super missile
    • FAF is still the same
    • missile on frame 23->21

Last edited:

PokéPersona

Smash Rookie
NNID
PokePersona
3DS FC
0404-6632-6378

That's probably the unknown frame changes that's each shortened by 1-2 in Samus' code

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
If i recall correctly there was a place in the diffs where there was new frame multipliers, with no hitboxes. Could have been the file that calls missile. Give me a sec I'll take a look

Edit1:
View attachment 100356

Edit2:
  • Guide missile
    • FAF is still the same
  • Super missile
    • FAF is still the same
Right then, so both kinds of missile do come out earlier.

What else is there left with Samus?

TheSpnBrm

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-7612-2614
Any changes to Roy? I heard mention of a slight speed increase and range increases to tilts but I'm not sure if these claims are just placebo.
(I had already updated on my 3ds so i'm unable to test these for myself)

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Any changes to Roy? I heard mention of a slight speed increase and range increases to tilts but I'm not sure if these claims are just placebo.
What sort of things are being passed about? If we know we can test them.

TheSpnBrm

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-7612-2614
What sort of things are being passed about? If we know we can test them.
I would test his speed first and foremost. I was able to F Throw Fair at highers percent which Roy would barely whiff prior to this patch.

Edit: ( Besides this as I mentioned before there was word about his tilts having slight range increases and his Down Throw & Forward Throw having less end lag.)

These are what I have heard but I do not have proof of any of the above claims.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Right then, so both kinds of missile do come out earlier.

What else is there left with Samus?
in the diffs there are rather various changes to Fair, but functionally it's still the same move just looks adjusted to work better
Samus Fair change.jpg
Some angle changes, hitboxes got extended values, and a new hitbox entirely on the first hit
last thing I have no clue what it is for
if anything was faster at the start, those should have been caught by now if they were true. Of course could have missed something

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
What a day to be a zard main.
Patience has paid off. And Daddy Sakurai nerfed the two new girls on the block I was flirting with (Cloud and Corrin). I guess Daddy Sakurai finally realized the minor changes of before weren't gonna save my marriage to Waifu Zard.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Can someone check if Ganondorf got a dash speed increase?
He feels a bit faster but idk if it's placebo.

Eureka

Smash Ace
KBG was only reduced for the air version, the grounded version's the same as before.
Okay good, I thought as much, but I wanted to be sure because the patch notes didn't say so earlier. Honestly it would have been really dumb if they nerfed grounded Finishing Touch, considering the only time people were dying unnecessarily early to it was either from getting their air dodge baited pretty high up or by getting thrown into it by Cloud's partner in teams. Also did they really nerf Cloud and Corrin's rolls? That just seems so random.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Also did they really nerf Cloud and Corrin's rolls? That just seems so random.
From what i gathered Corn's rolls were amazing and For Glory Clouds rolling away and charging limit were really annoying for low/mid level players

Eureka

Smash Ace
From what i gathered Corn's rolls were amazing and For Glory Clouds rolling away and charging limit were really annoying for low/mid level players
Corrin's rolls weren't anything special (4-16 intangability and FAF 30) same as 12 other characters like Mario, DK, Falco, and sure a roll spamming Cloud might be annoying for people who are bad at the game on For Glory, but so is Duck Hunt spamming the best roll in the game and throwing projectiles, and they haven't nerfed that. This really seems like a case of them wanting to nerf the characters a little bit more but not knowing where to so they decided to nerf their rolls.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but here they are anyway.

Bayonetta
  • FSmash KBG 105 -> 102
  • FSmash BKB 25 -> 26
  • UpSmash KBG -> 92 -> 90
  • Witch Twist Damage 4/3/0.3 -> 3/2/0.2

There's also something with Corrin's dragon fang shot:
It looks like the uncharged version.

Stehpen

Smash Rookie
So its a debuff for any Peach player that used UpAir from a Ground float on a grounded opponent.... lol

Really specific and almost negligible for Peach mains
It was the source of an infinite combo. This was changed so it was no longer possible.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227

Edit1:
View attachment 100356

Edit2:
If my maths are right
  • Guide missile
    • FAF is still the same
  • Super missile
    • FAF is still the same
Why would the total frames be the same? I'm less informed with how projectile attacks work but in a normal move, if you give it a frame speed modifier, it ends up having a different IASA than the one that is "set".

If that works the same way, Samus's missiles should end two frames faster.

Corrin's roll sucked and no one used it. Normal invincibility and total frames, short distance (super important).

If they wanted to nerf a FE character's roll it should have been Roy's. It has Marth's enormous distance but with the faster tiers's total frames (this part makes sense since without a sheath, he didn't have to take his sword back out in the animation unlike Marth) even though it had the slower tier's invincibility!

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Why would the total frames be the same? I'm less informed with how projectile attacks work but in a normal move, if you give it a frame speed modifier, it ends up having a different IASA than the one that is "set".

If that works the same way, Samus's missiles should end two frames faster.
so what they did was kind of silly, they added a frame multiplier before the move comes out (which reduced the frame count)
Then added on another frame multiplier after the missile comes out (which increased frame count)

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
Corrin's rolls weren't anything special (4-16 intangability and FAF 30) same as 12 other characters like Mario, DK, Falco, and sure a roll spamming Cloud might be annoying for people who are bad at the game on For Glory, but so is Duck Hunt spamming the best roll in the game and throwing projectiles, and they haven't nerfed that. This really seems like a case of them wanting to nerf the characters a little bit more but not knowing where to so they decided to nerf their rolls.
When comparing frame data across different characters, it's important to remember the "context" of the data and how the data fits in with the character as a whole. There's a reason why dodge frame data isn't uniform throughout the entire cast.

Duck Hunt having the best dodges in the game fits the playstyle the dev team had in mind when developing DH, which was probably a campy trap based character that is hard to pin down, hence why it makes sense for DH's dodges to be so good.

Corrin, on the other hand, is designed around zoning and spacing people out but has trouble when somebody is able to get through her wall. Nerfing Corrin's dodges emphasizes this as it slightly punishes Corrin when she fails to properly zone and slightly rewards the opponent better when they are able to get in.

For Cloud, I'm guessing they just wanted to make it slightly harder for a Cloud to runaway when ledge camping with Limit Charge.

Regardless, my point is I don't think saying "x doesn't deserve this nerf on z because y has a better z" is a good argument, if that makes sense.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
User was warned for this post
Hey, whoever has both versions of the game, I need you to test Ganondorf's aerial mobility now.
I want to get a confirm whether or not he's got more speed in it.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
so what they did was kind of silly, they added a frame multiplier before the move comes out (which reduced the frame count)
Then added on another frame multiplier after the missile comes out (which increased frame count)
I should have looked at it before making that post. It's obvious there's both a 0.9 and 1.1 FSM.

Radical Larry Radical Larry WE ALREADY TOLD YOU HIS MOVEMENT SPECS ARE UNCHANGED ACCORDING TO GAME DATA.

Isn't there a ban rule against this? I thought this thread was strict.

Last edited:

Lyserdon

Smash Cadet
NNID
420BlitzIt
I've wondered about things like this too before but it occurred to me after reading your post that maybe it was done that way, rather than just changing the actual frame, in order to preserve the hitbox starting at the right point in the animation. If they just changed the frame, the hitbox would come out while the animation was in an earlier position, and you'd get potential hits before the game even draws the missile model.

Chaoslink

Smash Cadet
NNID
chaosl1nk
don't know if this was reported or not, but i found out link's up smash is stronger in this patch, a normal up smash on 1.1.4 did 17%, now it does 18% on 1.1.5, i don't think it's exactly a whole percent though because fully charged pre patch it's 23, current patch is 25

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I've wondered about things like this too before but it occurred to me after reading your post that maybe it was done that way, rather than just changing the actual frame, in order to preserve the hitbox starting at the right point in the animation. If they just changed the frame, the hitbox would come out while the animation was in an earlier position, and you'd get potential hits before the game even draws the missile model.
yes, they use frame multipliers to make the animation line up, it still just looks silly in code because of how sloppy it appears
also the missile model is loaded on a frame so it always would be drawn it just would look off from the arm animation
Radical Larry Radical Larry WE ALREADY TOLD YOU HIS MOVEMENT SPECS ARE UNCHANGED ACCORDING TO GAME DATA.

Isn't there a ban rule against this? I thought this thread was strict.
I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I did

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Vipermoon Vipermoon Jeez, control yourself. I was just wondering about it and didn't even hear the news about it!

Chaoslink Chaoslink It always did 17% to 18%.
Lavani already answered you and told you the same thing. That is why I lost my patience. I added a link to "game data" in my post so you can go all out until you pass out.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
my controller jammed up recently so I haven't been playing for a few days and I completely missed this patch news! I'm So excited to get back home and test everything out... Wow I love what I'm seeing so far!

BSP

Smash Legend
  • Bair KBG: 98 -> 100
  • Fsmash First Hit/Second Hit KBG: 97/100 -> 99/102
  • Usmash Second Hit Early/Late KBG:95/90 -> 97/92
  • Dsmash Early/Late KBG: 84/90 -> 86/92
Thanks, but I mean like 1.1.4 vs 1.1.5 testing confirmation. I compiled Pac man's knockback values on a 300% Mario from the previous patch a while ago. Even though the patch notes say F and U smash got buffed, I get the same kickback numbers for them as I got pre patch. I wouldn't be skeptical of a base kickback change was reported, but it wasn't.

So I'm trying to see if Pac man has yet another coding glitch.

For reference , if you go hit a 300% Mario, no DI, with a 0% Pac-Man, you should get a launch speed of 173 mph for F smash and 134 for U smash if you hit with only the ghost.

If you get something higher, my Wii u is messed up. If you get that, something is up with his change list.

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
Jump-Squads in the parameters are not the same as in-game because they go through some speed modifiers. If you compare 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 you see that Charizard has 6 in both. But he still has 7.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Are you positive about this, or is this an "I wish Link was better than Toon Link so placebo makes me feel he gets something terrible and Link doesn't"? I think we need more people to check this. I can check it later, as I have 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 3DS. Seems really odd why they'd nerf Toon Link's recovery move.
lmao, last patch notes or maybe the one before that, Radical Larry was posting all kinds of stupid stuff. pretty much all of it was debunked at some point or another, and he seems to think link is an "A tier character". i love me some link, but he is not that good. anyway, he kept putting stuff that was false so don't listen to that dude.

Also, can someone check if jigglypuff's up tilt is any faster? or any changes at all really. I don't know where to check what charcters can have possibly been changed

edit: just read some stuff and he's being stupid and breaking rules again. 10/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom