• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "And Then Suddenly..." [1.1.5] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba

Smash Rookie
Um wait, the ENTIRE Uair? Or only a certain hitbox of it?
Because if the ENTIRE Uair has to hit airborne opponents, how can she hit people on platforms above her?

Though I'll assume it's only a certain small hitbox.
Haven't tested anything yet but from what I've seen and read, it looks like the first hit of Uair had its hitbox moved higher up, or further out, so that it won't hit standing opponents while ground floating.

I doubt the second hit was changed at all, and this doesn't affect opponents on platforms. If anything it makes it easier to hit opponents above you, just not possible to hit opponents directly in front of you.

Just started using the first hit of Uair to extend combos so I'm curious to know if it affects that in any way.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Alright, I've been testing out some things about characters, and I've found a discovery that will scare :4tlink: players.

So comparing both versions, ever since the release up to 1.1.4, Toon Link has had an Up B that halts itself late into the move.
In 1.1.5, Toon Link's recovery move not only halts early, but if Toon Link has absolutely no momentum, he will almost never move.

I know for a fact that this wasn't the case in 1.1.4 and prior, since I could get double the distance of what it did previously.
So what I am hopefully acknowledging is that Toon Link has a worse recovery now, and cannot afford to get hit off stage.
Are you positive about this, or is this an "I wish Link was better than Toon Link so placebo makes me feel he gets something terrible and Link doesn't"? I think we need more people to check this. I can check it later, as I have 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 3DS. Seems really odd why they'd nerf Toon Link's recovery move.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Can someone check out Ganon's uair? The Ganon boards think it sends people horizontally more, but I'm not so sure and I can't test it.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Does this mean he won't be able to get extra height by Up B'ing after getting hit by his own bomb?
He will gain the extra height, but from my tests that I performed this morning, he is unable to move horizontally after being hit by a Bomb and needs to carry momentum; he's sort of like Brawl Link now with Up B only.

Are you positive about this, or is this an "I wish Link was better than Toon Link so placebo makes me feel he gets something terrible and Link doesn't"? I think we need more people to check this. I can check it later, as I have 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 3DS.
I can absolutely confirm this is not a Placebo. If I know at least ONE thing about Toon Link all too well, it's his poor horizontal movement in Up B near the end. It seems to now start before the middle of the attack, and then just completely halts him.

You yourself could check by doing these:

Death Run - Go off the stage, perform both Up B's with the momentum going, and see who dies first.
No Momentum - Just jump, Up B and move forward, see which garners more distance.
Bomb Jump Recovery - An opposite Death Run and combination with No Momentum. Take out a Bomb, jump when it's about to explode, recover, let it explode, gain momentum by going forward and use the recovery again.

These are actually decent tests in my opinion, and do them all on Omega Battlefield.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I need someone to see if they can test possible U-Tilt and D-Tilt changes on :4ryu:.

:4myfriends: U-Tilt seems slower. Might be highly mistaken.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
For those curious of the ZSS Nair change:
Many thanks! It looks like the move's angle shifted down a little on the first hitbox? Either way, it doesn't look like a severe change!

Also... someone with sufficient posting rights should add ZSS's kbg and bkb changes :-D

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
I need someone to see if they can test possible U-Tilt and D-Tilt changes on :4ryu:.

:4myfriends: U-Tilt seems slower. Might be highly mistaken.
You're late to the party. Most changes have already bin uncovered from the data files and Ike, Ryu and Toon Link belong not to these.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
You're late to the party. Most changes have already bin uncovered from the data files and Ike, Ryu and Toon Link belong not to these.
TheWall says that the FAF on yoshis dthrow have been reduced and can reliably combo into up air.. I'm not home and I need your expertise

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Many thanks! It looks like the move's angle shifted down a little on the first hitbox? Either way, it doesn't look like a severe change!

Also... someone with sufficient posting rights should add ZSS's kbg and bkb changes :-D
Liberation will add all the confirmed stuff to the master list in maybe 12 hours or so. Just be patient.

It took us almost a week to get the 1.1.4 change log finalized. Don't be surprised if there are some last-minute changes in 1.1.5 that don't get added until a few days from now. That would be perfectly normal.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
So Link didn't get any mobility buffs? Urgh.
Nothing is set in stone yet. He probably didn't, but Dash Attack just became an even more potent kill move at least.

I don't think his dash speed changed at all. I forgot to check his jumpsquat and air speed but I probably should.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Are there any other changes for Pacman?

He wasn't included in the new thread when it was originally posted so I'm worried some of the testers forgot about him when they were doing this.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Nothing is set in stone yet. He probably didn't, but Dash Attack just became an even more potent kill move at least.

I don't think his dash speed changed at all. I forgot to check his jumpsquat and air speed but I probably should.
Dash attack is probably his worst kill move. There's no way to combo into it when it matters the most from what I've seen. It pretty much requires a back roll read and high level players don't generally predictably roll backwards. Also, some rolls go farther than others. And Link doesn't have the speed to close the gap and use dash attack before they're able to move again. It might hit hard but so does the majority of Ganondorf's moveset. And look where he is on most tier lists. If there's one thing you should take from the Smash Bros. series competitively, it's that power alone means little to nothing and that speed is king.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
ZSS Diffs
UAIR
Damage - 8% --> 6.5%
KBG - 110 --> 125

NAIR
Damage - 10% --> 8%
KBG - 80 --> 96
BKB - 40 --> 38
[Various size changes, roughly 1 unit less in all changes]*

BACK THROW
Damage - 4 --> 6
KBG - 60 --> 45
BKB - 70 --> 72

DOWN THROW
Damage - 5 --> 3
KBG - 25 --> 60
BKB - 100 --> 90

SIDE B 1
BKB - 80 --> 100

SIDE B [Middle Hits]
Damage - 0.8 --> 1.2
KBG - 90 --> 70
[Various size changes]

SIDE B FINAL
Damage - 6 --> 7.5
[Various size changes]
What are the exact numbers?
Here you go!

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Dash attack is probably his worst kill move. There's no way to combo into it when it matters the most from what I've seen. It pretty much requires a back roll read and high level players don't generally predictably roll backwards. Also, some rolls go farther than others. And Link doesn't have the speed to close the gap and use dash attack before they're able to move again. It might hit hard but so does the majority of Ganondorf's moveset. And look where he is on most tier lists. If there's one thing you should take from the Smash Bros. series competitively, it's that power alone means little to nothing and that speed is king.
Looks like someone doesn't know Link's special Dash Attack setup.
Dirty N-Air (Back Hitbox, Late) > Dash Attack works.
Or how about reading a recovery with a dash attack?
Jab 3 > Dash Attack?
Bomb > Dash?

Don't think that Link doesn't have the prowess to do his dash attack setup. It's his slowest kill move, but there are people who know how to link into it. I can even 50/50 it from a Z-Air Ledge Getup if Z-Air's second hit connects (if I can confirm a grab off of it, I can pretty much 50/50 a Dash Attack).

BSP

Smash Legend

He wasn't included in the new thread when it was originally posted so I'm worried some of the testers forgot about him when they were doing this.
I would like confirmation that his F and U smash buffs actually happened. I'm getting the same knockback numbers for those moves that I got pre patch.

Is there a glitch or something?

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
We all knew Peach was losing the infinite and I say good riddance (i couldnt pull it off anyways)

It remains to be seen if this will affect her other setups out of Up Air since some players do use Ground Float up Airs on grounded opponents.

I honestly dont find it overly useful. Has anyone confirmed that they moved the hitbox slightly higher? It sounds like that they fixed it in a different way

Bubba

Smash Rookie

I would like confirmation that his F and U smash buffs actually happened. I'm getting the same knockback numbers for those moves that I got pre patch.

Is there a glitch or something?
  • Bair KBG: 98 -> 100
  • Fsmash First Hit/Second Hit KBG: 97/100 -> 99/102
  • Usmash Second Hit Early/Late KBG:95/90 -> 97/92
  • Dsmash Early/Late KBG: 84/90 -> 86/92

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He will gain the extra height, but from my tests that I performed this morning, he is unable to move horizontally after being hit by a Bomb and needs to carry momentum; he's sort of like Brawl Link now with Up B only.

I can absolutely confirm this is not a Placebo. If I know at least ONE thing about Toon Link all too well, it's his poor horizontal movement in Up B near the end. It seems to now start before the middle of the attack, and then just completely halts him.

You yourself could check by doing these:

Death Run - Go off the stage, perform both Up B's with the momentum going, and see who dies first.
No Momentum - Just jump, Up B and move forward, see which garners more distance.
Bomb Jump Recovery - An opposite Death Run and combination with No Momentum. Take out a Bomb, jump when it's about to explode, recover, let it explode, gain momentum by going forward and use the recovery again.

These are actually decent tests in my opinion, and do them all on Omega Battlefield.
TLs recovery has always been worse than links horizontally. You couldn't move horizontally if you had no momentum before.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Due to Samus's fall speed/gravity increase, she now dies 1-2% later than before on vertical based moves.

Using Palutena's Up Smash on her on Omega Brinstar, on 1.1.4 she died at 105%, but in 1.1.5, she dies sometimes at 106%, but always at 107%.

Bubba

Smash Rookie
We all knew Peach was losing the infinite and I say good riddance (i couldnt pull it off anyways)

I honestly dont find it overly useful.
Exactly why I don't think it should've been patched but to each their own and what's done is done.

My guess is they moved it up higher and out further. My screen replacement is coming today so I'll finally be able to test some things out. :peachmelee:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
If they moved it up it could be seen as a buff... at least in the way i use it.

Doesnt seem like thats the case based on the data. Looks more like they trimmed the hitbox to disable the infinite connecting

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Exactly why I don't think it should've been patched but to each their own and what's done is done.

My guess is they moved it up higher and out further. My screen replacement is coming today so I'll finally be able to test some things out. :peachmelee:
If they moved it up it could be seen as a buff... at least in the way i use it.

Doesnt seem like thats the case based on the data. Looks more like they trimmed the hitbox to disable the infinite connecting
It was said multiple times before a hitbox was adjusted to hit airborne opponents only, there are no other changes to the hitboxes on the move
the peach change.png

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I want confirmation on this but I honestly think Bayonettas Taunts can end even earlier in this patch than before. especially her Side Taunt

its just silly nilly, but taunts is an important stuff in the meta game right?

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Hey @Methacrylate the range increases on Ganondorf you though were Grab/Dashgrab seem to be the grabboxes of Side-B 1 and 2 as far as i can tell form Sammi's diffs

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
So its a debuff for any Peach player that used UpAir from a Ground float on a grounded opponent.... lol

Really specific and almost negligible for Peach mains

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I have found an odd Samus change.

Homing Missiles and Super Missiles are launched out of the arm cannon quicker, but endlag remains the same, and they also stay out on the battlefield for the same distance. Basically means the hitbox is out on the battlefield quicker.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So do we have confirmation then that Jiggly got absolutely nothing in this patch? Because if so, poor Jiggles man. She's been consistently pretty low this game since launch and hasn't gotten ANYTHING worthwhile in any of the post-launch patches.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Was the knockback growth on Finishing Touch reduced entirely or just the air version?

Bubba

Smash Rookie
It was said multiple times before a hitbox was adjusted to hit airborne opponents only, there are no other changes to the hitboxes on the move
View attachment 100350
Whoops, missed that. You can see the confusion in "hit airborne opponents only" though, no? Because if a player is standing on a platform, will the first hit sill connect? Technically, they are grounded.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Um wait, the ENTIRE Uair? Or only a certain hitbox of it?
Because if the ENTIRE Uair has to hit airborne opponents, how can she hit people on platforms above her?

Though I'll assume it's only a certain small hitbox.
Just the hitbox tinted red here:

The other hitboxes still function as before, it really only affects the infinite or trying to land on someone with uair (which...isn't the best of ideas in the first place)

Was the knockback growth on Finishing Touch reduced entirely or just the air version?
KBG was only reduced for the air version, the grounded version's the same as before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom