• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

And I thought Red Marth was overused.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
And when I say Overused, I mean Overused. Not like Black Fox or Panda Lucario. 99% of Marth's are Red. And just about EVERY Diddy I see is either White Yellow or Purple Black.

Count

Smash Champion
I used to play pink and red diddy but now I play white yellow..it's just so much better =). Thumbs, hylian, and GDX play red diddy I think. But purple is the most overused..nanerz, NL, AZ use it among others. Who else uses yellow besides advent and myself? I think vyse does?

/edit and I used to feel unique by using yellow/white diddy but advent came in and gave away the secret that yellow diddy is top tied =(.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
I'm not the kind of person who bases his colors off of least popular so I can be different, but Purple Diddy/Red Marth just takes the meaning of overrated/used to the next level.

Edit: Yes, I do use Purple and White.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Sorry for releasing the secret Count.... LoLz.

I used to use blue Diddy because it was my favorite color when I first picked up Diddy, then I slowly moved to yellow because its the most unique costume that Diddy has. Its the only one where his hat does not match his shirt. South Beach Diddy FTW :)

-advent-

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
dude yellow white looks so cool though it like matches the nannerz and everything

yellow white ftw

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
I've been using Purple Diddy since the beginning =[

I actually think Blue diddy is overused too, Maybe its just a Norcal thing =/

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've been using Purple Diddy since the beginning =[

I actually think Blue diddy is overused too, Maybe its just a Norcal thing =/
I can't use any other color, for some reason I always miss pink lol it helps me fight better...ironic

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Red Diddy for life, brother.

Then again, the only costume variations I ever make are some form of the character.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Actually... i see very few red marths in brawl.

lots of greens, black, and a few white

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i was using yellow Diddy before it was cool to use him
i also use black DK partly because its funny to say "hey guys i'm Martin Luther Kong!" and partly because anytime i played donkey kong country i'd always be 2nd player (i didnt own my own SNES)

Player-1

Smash Legend
I Rz Th3 onlyz diddyz w1th gr33nz?

Purple and blue are the most overused I think, followed by pink then red, then yellow, and last green

Irsic

Smash Ace
I use red Diddy and occasionally green diddy.

I generally prefer the normal colors of characters since in Melee and Smash64 I thought all the alternate costumes were really ugly but they stepped it up for Brawl. :D

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Yeah, Red Marth was a Melee thing. I don't see any color of marth all that predominant.

Not like White MK and Black Pit, at least.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Another thing I noticed was I didn't know how many people use green for all characters. I was doing it for awhile until I saw a bunch of people saying, "I use Green so and so. I use green for all my characters!"

Psychoace

Smash Champion
black falcon since 64 baby.

But I likes me so dixie kong as well.

I normally picked on color for all of my characters until brawl. Now all of dk's, and metaknights (when I'm feeling gay) are cool
fungi kong
yeti kong
martin luther kong
ice kong

Nothing like gayin' up with some fiesta knight, dark and white are cool too.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
In my region, all Diddy colors I've seen frequently used are either blue or purple, and I personally prefer blue.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Really? Almost every Marth I see is black.

Actually, black costumes in general tend to be overused.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
^This

Although I think it's more lots of blacks, a good number of whites and light blues, a few greens and dark blues, and lol hardly any reds....
That's because many still associates red Marth as Ken's color, and probably don't want idiots being like "lol r u trying to be ken"

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
^This

Although I think it's more lots of blacks, a good number of whites and light blues, a few greens and dark blues, and lol hardly any reds....
That's because many still associates red Marth as Ken's color, and probably don't want idiots being like "lol r u trying to be ken"

Master Raven

Smash Master
lol

I use red Marth for the most part simply because it's my favorite color on him.

Top Bottom