• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

and Brawl+: MD - Graphix Gaming Tournament - March 13th (Sat.) - B+ Now Streaming!

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
If I come, I can bring a TV if you need it. However, the TV only turns ON half the time, but once it is on, it never randomly shuts off. So I suggest if I do bring it, once it's on, never turn it off...

Potulol

Smash Rookie
I'm most likely coming to this for Brawl+.

edit: And if I do come I'll be bringing my Wii as well.

Bones0

Smash Legend
hmmm..

i wanna go to this. is there a bus station anywhere nearby?
From what I've seen online, there are buses that go kind of nearby, but you probably won't find one that will get you within 15 minutes of the place. Where are you coming from, cause you could probably carpool with someone.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
hmmm..

i wanna go to this. is there a bus station anywhere nearby?
Sweet, please come! You know I can house you if you need it.
I'm most likely coming to this for Brawl+.

edit: And if I do come I'll be bringing my Wii as well.
Yes! Now I can troll you IRL. Fun times!

This is looking bigger and bigger by the minute.

Wife

Smash Lord
Thanks so much for hosting something, Bones. The Newlyweds will be there!

Bones0

Smash Legend
Great! Come on people, tell your local friends to see if we can get 30 entrants before March 6th. Ultimate goal is 40, but don't forget the more setups being brought, the less waiting there is for matches. ^_^

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Wow, syphers thing is some basement smashfest

This is an tourny, clearly superior, come to this and back up your claims on greatness! *looks at CK*
I'm holding a tournament on the 13th, actually.

I'm determined to hold a successful event even if you people are attending CLEARLY INFERIOR tournaments instead. Don't come crying to me when you're in a cramped, smelly basement and have no delicious pizza while everyone is here making history of what is sure to be the first of a stupendous series of tournaments and Smashfests. I feel kind of sad for you. :(

I don't think my tournaments and smashfests are "clearly inferior," and apparently there are others that think the same way. You have never been to my events, so I suggest you hold your tongue. We can order pizza at my house easily, there's not problem with that.

As a tournament host you should be working with and for others to make the smash community better; not for fame. I have a feeling that with a host that can so easily insult potential attendees and the smash community is not going to be that great of a tournament host. Shapen up and start caring about the community.

Bones0

Smash Legend

I don't think my tournaments and smashfests are "clearly inferior," and apparently there are others that think the same way. You have never been to my events, so I suggest you hold your tongue. We can order pizza at my house easily, there's not problem with that.

As a tournament host you should be working with and for others to make the smash community better; not for fame. I have a feeling that with a host that can so easily insult potential attendees and the smash community is not going to be that great of a tournament host. Shapen up and start caring about the community.
Dude, relax. I caked that post in sarcasm and exaggeration, and I don't think anyone but you took it that seriously. One person even quoted it saying it made them laugh. On top of all of that, I wasn't even referring to your tournament specifically. I was poking fun at people who said they would come, but they were going to other tournaments (I think the post I quoted said something about a tournament in upstate NY, which would be hours away from my tourny). So just don't get all butt-hurt over one little comment that was made it pure jest.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that comment Bones0 said about inferior tourneys I completely took as sarcastic form the start...

Potulol

Smash Rookie

g-regulate

Smash Hero
just a reminder for everyone.

there's no setups at this. 7 are confirmed to be brought by others.

7 setups. 6 tournaments (including teams).

id say youd need at least 20 setups to potentially complete tournaments for all games.

Bones0

Smash Legend
There's no Brawl, but g-reg is right. Bring more setups so we can maximize playing time. Also, what would guys prefer for time? I was thinking of having registration and warm-ups from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM then have pools started by 11:15. If that's too early, it's no problem for me to push it back 30 minutes or even an hour (11:00-12:00). As far as pizza goes, do you guys want it to be more for lunch or dinner time? I could order some at 1:00 and some at 6:00 or something. I could also just order a bunch at 3 or 4 and that would hold everyone off until they go home. I was also hoping to end around 11:00. Is that too late? Just post what you'd like to see and I'll make it happen.

Vist

Smash Champion
I may have work in the morning till noon, so I may have to miss the first part of the tournament unless I can get off work that Saturday.

anyway this tourney is gonna be sick!

Bones0

Smash Legend
I may have work in the morning till noon, so I may have to miss the first part of the tournament unless I can get off work that Saturday.

anyway this tourney is gonna be sick!
What's your boss' phone number? I'll have to have a talk with him. haha

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ That brings back memories of the Chozen One.

Those times sound fine to me Bones.

Potulol

Smash Rookie
Looks like I'm definitely coming to this. I'm looking forward to playing with you guys!

I'll try not to troll you too hard, JC.

Lobos

Smash Master
I can bring a tv/wii if I can make it. U can use it for melee and/or brawl+ I just don't have either game currently. Need a new sd card

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I may come to this, and play Brawl+ only and hang out with people

or i might help my parents move this day, not sure yet

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That would be cool Tant. Even if you can't make it to the tourney, I might be housing some OOSers (like Mr. Troll up there) so you could come over and get some + in.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Would there happen to be a discount for bringing a setup? Living on my own money, I'm just stingy with money...

This won't change my decision regardless :-)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Would there happen to be a discount for bringing a setup? Living on my own money, I'm just stingy with money...

This won't change my decision regardless :-)
Unfortunately, there is not. I am hoping to do another event here not long after this one though, and will really consider it if I know we have a lot of people coming. I was satisfied just with getting the place so cheaply, especially for a first tournament, and I think the owner of the place would have viewed it as a scam to use the place for free (i.e. everyone brings their stuff to my venue and gets a discount; how convenient? lol). So yeah, expect a discount for the next one, especially if we can get the turnout in the range of 35-40 people, which I believe is extremely possible with an expected turnout of 20+ for the first weekend.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i haven't played a + event since september

6 months is long enough i suppose, i've played melee more recently than that, thats probably bad

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
JCaesar, you do know bones0 was at my melee tournament at the laser tag place right?

He's a pretty chill dude, you should've talked to him while he was there. You might have and not known it.

Bones0 is awesome, you should play brawl sometime.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If I talked to Bones at the laser tag tourney, I don't remember. There were a lot of new faces there.

Top Bottom