• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

and Brawl+: MD - Graphix Gaming Tournament - March 13th (Sat.) - B+ Now Streaming!

Bones0

Smash Legend
I don't think we talked. I was too busy getting 2-0'd. lol Hopefully I can win my first game at my own tournament.

I've tried to play Brawl, but I really just can't get into it. I think the biggest problem I have is that I can't choose a main. It's kind of hard to play competitively when you don't pick the same character at least half the time, but I never really favored any character over another. I'm tempted to just go MK all the time and hope I start liking him, but I don't really have anyone to play against anyway.

P.S. Let's step it up with the setups guys! I'd like to see at least 10, but if we get up to 15 everyone could play friendlies even while the tournament is running. As an incentive, I'll be willing to MM anyone who brings both a system and a TV for $1 (Melee only, sry Brawlers :p). $1 isn't enough? Well tough munchies, I'll probably lose $15 making this offer. lol

Cia

das kwl
I'm still trying to find a way to get to this. But so far, the nearest bus stop to this venue is about 22 miles away. And if that's the case, I won't be able to make it =[

but I'm still looking. If anyone knows closer bus stop, plz post it =D

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm still trying to find a way to get to this. But so far, the nearest bus stop to this venue is about 22 miles away. And if that's the case, I won't be able to make it =[

but I'm still looking. If anyone knows closer bus stop, plz post it =D
Where are you coming from? I'd be surprised if no one was coming through your way.

Vist

Smash Champion
dude bones is a beast

btw his name is bones b/c his falco is so sexy it'll give you a boneser. true story.

Bones0

Smash Legend
dude bones is a beast

btw his name is bones b/c his falco is so sexy it'll give you a boneser. true story.
Then your name must be Vist because your Luigi is so sexy because you'd swear a Luigi this good could never exVist.
>_>
<_<

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
I still am not too sure I can make it, but I guess we're going to be pretty short on setups? Can the tourney even finish in time?

Bandit

Smash Lord
Given the attendance list at the moment with a lot of them being Brawl+ people, smashers need to step up and attend this tournament!

Bones0

Smash Legend
I still am not too sure I can make it, but I guess we're going to be pretty short on setups? Can the tourney even finish in time?
I don't see a problem with finishing on time. More setups would definitely make it go faster, but we have 12 hours to finish and if we really needed to stay later, the owner would probably let me lock up so we could stay even later.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
I don't see a problem with finishing on time. More setups would definitely make it go faster, but we have 12 hours to finish and if we really needed to stay later, the owner would probably let me lock up so we could stay even later.
You're probably right. I'm just wondering how limited the Wiis are though. I'll be bringing a GC for melee, but if there's only like 3 wiis, the brawl+ would take a long time. It's an hour drive for me, and I don't want to get back too late.

Bones0

Smash Legend
You're probably right. I'm just wondering how limited the Wiis are though. I'll be bringing a GC for melee, but if there's only like 3 wiis, the brawl+ would take a long time. It's an hour drive for me, and I don't want to get back too late.
Actually, just from what I remember by tallying the setups, I'm pretty sure we have more Brawl setups than Melee, or at least more Wiis than Cubes. As far as TVs go, I'm going to ask the two people helping me run the tournament, which could mean 3-4 more TVs. People just need to man up and bring their Wiis and Cubes. It really isn't that big of an inconvenience so I don't see why we can't have at least half of the people bring a setup.

Just so everyone knows, if I can go to this event, I'll be bringing my wii, but it can't play Brawl+. The SD card reader on the wii broke and HomeBrew channel is not installed on it. So yeah, Melee only wii.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I got a lot of work this week. Is there a way I can be persuaded to kill a whole day playing smash? I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go...though I don't get to play people much. Often times I'm messing around with computers, which is mad boring.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
going to tournaments and getting ur *** kicked is the only true way to get better, and also, we are chill as ****

Vist

Smash Champion
I take it you got off work then? :D
I'm not sure if I'm getting off work, but even if I don't, I would get off at 12 so I'd at least be there for singles.

and plank if I play u relatively early in brackets for the 3rd weekend in a row, I'm gonna poo myself.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if I'm getting off work, but even if I don't, I would get off at 12 so I'd at least be there for singles.

and plank if I play u relatively early in brackets for the 3rd weekend in a row, I'm gonna poo myself.
I'll make it happen, don't sweat it. ;)

Eggm

Smash Hero
Nice this is 55 miles closer to me than shell shocked. I'll probably go. This venue's in a pretty **** location as a midway point between tristate/md/va.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I added my cell phone number into the original post in case anyone needs to contact me for any reason. If you find yourself lost on your way to the venue, I recommend you call the center's phone number because it is more likely to be answered quickly and I couldn't navigate my way out of a paper bag. I also bought the soda today (Coke, Sprite, and Barq's Root Beer) if anyone was interested. Don't forget to post if you can bring a setup as well. The number of attendents in the first post only counts people posting on Smashboards and from what I hear there will be quite a few entrants who take Smash a little less serious then us (be nice; sandbagging is encouraged :p).

GET HYPED!

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for this too ^^ Seems like fun. Sign me and my buddy Mhayn up as a maybe for the brawl+ part. G.O.D. has joined the brawl.
I don't mean to make my brawler tag make me sound conceded ^^'.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I'm riding with Vist, but I'll be confirmed by tomorrow. Not sure if I can get off work.

Top Bottom