• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

American Brawl Standard Stagelist

Staco

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292389

What do you think?

I think we should maybe try to also take Pictochat and RC into the european standard stage list.
TOs should start trying out this stages at smaller european tourneys.
PS2 will be used as a counterpick @ MSN in 2 weeks and I think most people agree about adding the stage as a counterpick won´t be that much of a problem.

It would be nice, if europe and america has got a united ruleset at all of the big tourneys.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
No. We are European and we try to play the game the fun way. Gtfo out with Brinstar and play all matches on SV.

Sarcastic though that may be, we end up playing everything on SV regardless, what use is there to have anything like PS2, Picto and RC? We've already tried making a European stagelist and I don't think anyone ever bothered making use of it. I rarely see European matches being played on anything more counterpick-like than Delfino, with the occasional (read: RARE) Frigate.

We can be formal and make a European stagelist, or we can be practical and just play everything on Smashville. I'm not even joking there. Not saying we should change the stagelist to just SV but really, no matter what you do you'll end up there more often than not.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I actually agree with Chair. Let's leave the stage list the way we've been using it for the last like 16 months. Like, there were no complaints at any time and just because the american TOs try to impose some BS upon the community doesn't mean we have to follow. Let them do things their way and we do it ours.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow, you're mad gay. I bet your tournament matches also last longer than 3 minutes. Are you even from europe?

Edit: To keep it serious though, I'd rather just use japanese rules than the new american "standard" ruleset. Like, you never even see Castle Siege used in a EU tourney even though it's allowed.

Staco

Smash Champion
Wow, you're mad gay. I bet your tournament matches also last longer than 3 minutes. Are you even from europe?

Edit: To keep it serious though, I'd rather just use japanese rules than the new american "standard" ruleset. Like, you never even see Castle Siege used in a EU tourney even though it's allowed.

Ive seen it quite often.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Tbh the current stage list is perfect, although id take out Brinstar xD.

I could agree with adding RC and PS2, Picto is abit gay in my opinion, but i could go with it. I think all these stages are on the same level as Brinstar.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I agree with the above posters, the rulseset atm is just fine.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother playing with a liberal stagelist either (although I do certainly prefer a more 'conservative' one), with the exception of PS2. That stage is incredibly gay and I'd rather have Mushroom Kingdom 1-1 allowed than this poop stage. I'm not joking.

Flayl

Smash Hero
How many characters can setup opponents for a klaptrap kill on Japes? I'm just trying to figure out why it's banned.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
In the GSB you posted like: "It's good that we don't have a united Ruleset" and what do I read here?

"It would be nice, if europe and america has got a united ruleset at all of the big tourneys."

Staco @GSB
Schonmal vorab:
Ich finde es gut, dass wir kein festgelegtes Ruleset in Europa haben.
So ändert sich das Ruleset ganz von selbst (siehe 3er Starter auf 5er Starter Change).
In EU wird allgemein fast überall das gleiche Ruleset immer mal mit kleinen Änderungen gepickt.

Starter:
BF
FD
SV

CP:
CS
Delfino
Fregate
Halberd
LC
PS1
YI

(y)

Staco

Smash Champion
As I allready told in the german boards.
In europe its not necessary to pick up such a ruleset right now. We dont have got the same problems such as the americans.
But I actually want to get more contact between the european and american smash scene and I think getting an evenish ruleset between american, european and other people of the world is a first step into the right direction.
I dont think we should just take the american stagelist, but maybe we could get close to it in the future. That doesnt mean to directly have a united ruleset, but perhaps an evenish ruleset after some time.
I just suggested to try out that stages, not to directly take this stages into the european rulesets, also because I disagree with some of them to some part.
But yeah, Orion actually convinced me, that we better should wait for the reactions in america first and if the stagelist is able to get a nationwide standard ruleset and will be accepted.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But yeah, Orion actually convinced me, that we better should wait for the reactions in america first and if the stagelist is able to get a nationwide standard ruleset and will be accepted.
Uhm ... no?

Like, since when did we ever care about how americans react to anything. There were lots of positive reactions to the MLG ruleset but there's absolutely no way in hell that the EU would actually use it.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Staco, why should europe EVER try do have a same stage list as the americans?
Europe & USA may fight each other 1 day in the year, and only very few smashers.
We should focuse on what would be the best ruleset for our region since it's what matters.

Just imagine we would now copy this american Stagelist, maybe 80% of the European Smashers disagree with it, but it would help to go from Europe to USA and opposite direction without a need of adopting to another ruleset.

But for what cost? We will play HERE with a ruleset we don't want.

BLASPHEMY!

We should focuse on making a europe wide ruleset, and the fact, that most of the tourney rulesets here in europe are already very similar, and we also mostly don't play on "stupid" stages, it shouldn't be toooo hard to build such a ruleset.

Gogo Europe, let us be a good example to look at :>

Orion*

Smash Researcher
even though it always goes to SV anyway i think the 5 stage is better

otherwise i dont really care

other than the fact that i will suck on RC when i go home now

you guys suck

Staco

Smash Champion
We should focuse on making a europe wide ruleset, and the fact, that most of the tourney rulesets here in europe are already very similar, and we also mostly don't play on "stupid" stages, it shouldn't be toooo hard to build such a ruleset.
We should focus on getting a worldwide united smash community.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Funny thing is, that the only way to actually achieve this is if we follow the japanese especially for the fact that their stage list is a LOT more agreeable to the majority of the EU Brawlheads. Not to mention that they won't change their stages regardless of what's happening elsewhere.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Starter:
BF
FD
SV

CP:
CS
Delfino
Fregate
Halberd
LC
PS1
YI

(y)
I want my Brinstar :(

I personally also prefer a 5-stage starter list, but I can live with this too.

Why? How often do we play with Americans anyway? Why do we necessarily need another ruleset to have a united smash community? And if we wanted to, why would we change our ruleset to one that is more similar to theirs and not the other way around?

Funny thing is, that the only way to actually achieve this is if we follow the japanese especially for the fact that their stage list is a LOT more agreeable to the majority of the EU Brawlheads. Not to mention that they won't change their stages regardless of what's happening elsewhere.

You're right about the fact most Europeans would agree more with the Japanese ruleset, however European smashers evidently have much more contact with American than with Japanese smashers, thus it would make more sense to merge the American ruleset - instead of the Japanese one - into ours.

But like you said... European would muuuuch rather play on 3 starters than Green Greens and Norfair.

:053:

Laem

Smash Champion
I vouch for the BF SV FD only stagelist
Top non-MK EU players happy
BPC mad
what's not to like?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I personally also prefer a 5-stage starter list, but I can live with this too.
What 2 of the 7 CP-Stages should be starter?

I normally also prefer 5 starters, but all the other 7 stages are very semilar in regard of their starter-possibility, they all have at least one bad aspect.

CS - Perm-Walk-Off for 30 (?) Seconds
Delfino - Water (+ Walk-Offs)
Fregate - No Edge (+Flip)
Halberd - Obv. Claw etc.
LC - Stage Tilting
PS1 - Transformations give huge (d9s)advantages
YI - Ghosts

Orion*

Smash Researcher
tbh if you banned brinstar it would be cool to just strike from standard eu stage list since all of the stages are pretty nuetralish anyways

worst you can get is like delfino/frigate and those are super easy to strike

@ ramses

YI > LC imo

but the ghosts can be gay. id deal with that over the tilting though T_T

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Maybe, I wouldn't mind either. But I hate shyguys and the massive platform blocking projectiles n stuff.

You can do the sexy crawldash though <3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
tbh if you banned brinstar it would be cool to just strike from standard eu stage list since all of the stages are pretty nuetralish anyways
I suggested this a while ago. Problem is that without Brinstar you have an even number of stages but you need an odd one for striking. So if you wanted to do it you'd have to ban another stage [which would probably be Frigate].

Luigi player

Smash Master
Why would you need to strike from all allowed stages?

Neutral stages don't need to be balanced for all characters. Neutral stages are neutral, because they don't have any gay hazard or other **** happening on them.

If you want stages that are balanced for all characters then you will never find one... unless you choose such a random one that everyone has about the same chance... like Mario Bros, lol.

Maybe Pirate Ship would help to balance Ganondorfs MUs more? Let's choose from that too, since you can strike it anyway!

We could also just always start the first match on SV. :)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Tbh I can't think of any matchup that is way in any character's favor on SV.

That put aside, tilting on LC severely reduces its viability to be a neutral. FD+BF+SV is fine in terms of standard 3. Noting it benefits 'ground based characters' too much is a bit silly. It supports projectile camping and grab games, the fact that the few really 'ground based' characters often happen to be either one of those (or both) doesn't make it 'ground favoured' per se.

Put frankly, more stage = more exploitable air as well.

Also, Lylat+YI are ought to always be neutrals in case of 5 neutrals. PS1 being neutral is an outdated concept.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I suggested this a while ago. Problem is that without Brinstar you have an even number of stages but you need an odd one for striking. So if you wanted to do it you'd have to ban another stage [which would probably be Frigate].

Yeah that's the problem :/

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Why would you need to strike from all allowed stages?

Neutral stages don't need to be balanced for all characters. Neutral stages are neutral, because they don't have any gay hazard or other **** happening on them.

If you want stages that are balanced for all characters then you will never find one... unless you choose such a random one that everyone has about the same chance... like Mario Bros, lol.

Maybe Pirate Ship would help to balance Ganondorfs MUs more? Let's choose from that too, since you can strike it anyway!

We could also just always start the first match on SV. :)
oh word you got your internet back :bee:

well you dont need to persay Ban frigate ._.

but we could 7 or 9 strikes anyway lol

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Orion, yo missing out on the entire point Gheb is trying to make. You can't stagestrike FAIRLY with an even number of allowed stages.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Finland is a combobreaker, watch our stagelist:

Starter:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick staget:
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens

If you like a diverse stagelist, come to Finland.

Top Bottom