• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

American Brawl Standard Stagelist

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You could even make the whole stagelist starters. The point of striking is that the players strike stages which would lead to their disadvantage against their character. FD will pretty much always cause a huge disadvantage and is very very rarely played as a starter. 90% of the time you end up in SV.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You could even make the whole stagelist starters. The point of striking is that the players strike stages which would lead to their disadvantage against their character.
Indeed. That doesn't go for counterpicking however.

FD will pretty much always cause a huge disadvantage
I'd really like to know where you based this on, because this is simply untrue.

and is very very rarely played as a starter. 90% of the time you end up in SV.
That is not a flaw of FD. SV is preferred over FD, just like how it is over PS2, or Castle Siege, or Frigate, or Yoshi's Island.

:052:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That is because SV falls for a neutral usually. No character simply sucks on it and only like a few characters are really good on it.

If you don't understand the flaws of FD, then I understand how you can simply jump over the lava in Brinstar either.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
That is because SV falls for a neutral usually. No character simply sucks on it and only like a few characters are really good on it.
Yeah thanks for your credible argument again Mr. Scrub.
This was totally unnecessary.

How is his argument not credible anyway? You did somewhat contradict yourself. You say no character sucks on it, but somehow a few character are really good on it... meaning it's really bad (sucky) for the opponent.

It wasn't a counter-argument either. I explained to you that SV being picked more often than FD is not a good argument for FD being bad. Even though SV is simply a better neutral, it doesn't have to mean that FD is awful. Your response to this only seems to be approving of my explanation.

If you don't understand the flaws of FD
How do you come to that conclusion? Besides, since you doubt how well we know FD, why won't you bother to enlighten us? The only thing I've been very vaguely told is that "it's a grounded stage" which later on turned to "it's a good stage for projectiles/camping".

then I understand how you can simply jump over the lava in Brinstar either.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

:053:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
FD is almost always polarizes matchups. In many MU's you want to avoid it at all costs against character y, while character y has to avoid it at all costs against character x.
Having FD as a starter without having 7 starters kinda favors certain characters.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
FD is almost always polarizes matchups. In many MU's you want to avoid it at all costs against character y, while character y has to avoid it at all costs against character x.
Having FD as a starter without having 7 starters kinda favors certain characters.
Well... I hope you know that you always kinda favour certain characters as soon as you decide the time limit, stocks, damage ratio, items on/off, wario ware on/off, all the other stages on/off, stage XY cp/starter.

Tbh, as much as I can understand what you're trying to say, we have different criterias/standards/preferences as what we want to have as starters. We just don't mind, if Icys get a boost by our Stage List, because we don't care and try to actually get so good in this game the we could beat Icys on FD with our main, and guess what, we still can ban it in our current ruleset :D

Is this so hard to understand?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Because you have nothing better to say you just say "we want it" "we like it"

What's stops us in Finland in wanting and liking our stagelist? Why do you say it sucks?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So far you have been the only one who hasn't given me any respect for my opinions. All you have has been obvious flamebait.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I respect your opinions, I respect your ability to organize stuff, I respect your existence, but I just find you and your stagelist a tad camp and I wouldn't play on it if I didn't have to.

Also your debating skills are terrible, I don't respect those.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Fine...
The way you first said was kinda weird. Saying my stagelist is BAD.

It's not bad, it's not better either
woohoo

Staco

Smash Champion
wikileaks, hmm
dunno, to some part its cool, but its also not that fine to some part

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
I OWN A HORSE.

Actually I don't but it would be cool to have a horse just to bring out such a statement on random occasions, wouldn't it?

Top Bottom