• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

American Brawl Standard Stagelist

Staco

Smash Champion
Orion, yo missing out on the entire point Gheb is trying to make. You can't stagestrike FAIRLY with an even number of allowed stages.
You also can´t stagestrike fairly with a non even number of allowed stages.

Finland got a Brawl Community? :awesome:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So you are saying a laughable stagelist where people ban everything, RC for example, is better?

Seriously, I don't ban stages simply because they aren't flat.
And Green Greens is only there now because we are testing it in tourney play.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I'm sorry Finland, but you just ain't Europe.

Neither are you Asia.

Neither are you North America.

You are a region on your own, congratulations.

Flayl

Smash Hero
What exactly is Finland's definition of Neutral? If you're including stages like Castle Siege and Pokémon Stadium 2, why don't you just strike from the full stage list?

Most of Europe's definition of Starter (not neutral, those don't exist) are stages that minimize the Stage VS Player aspect of the game to the minimum possible and do not have room for polarizing tactics like walk-off chaingrabs.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Our neutral is just a stage that should be even in MU it happens to be played on. Stage striking handles this part.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Because that would take forever and 80% of startermatches are already played on Smashville. We are already a bit hurried due to our time limits.
And this offers stages like FD, BF, Halberd and some others which are really good for some characters.
If FD is in the list, I see no reason why PS2 or Halberd can't be.
And our view of the game is different. I only ban what has been proven broken by tourney play. I only included Green Greens as a test and the next tournament will tell if it is to stay.

Thank you and stuff.

Staco

Smash Champion
9 Stages = each player gets 4 strikes
8 Stages = one player gets 4, one 3.
Each players gets 4 stikes, but that doesnt mean that some strikes are more or less important.
The first strike ( 1/5 ) is much less important than the last strike ( 1/2 ).

Because Frigate is not much different from Piazzale Delfino etc.

How many smash players did Finland get?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Each players gets 4 stikes, but that doesnt mean that some strikes are more or less important.
The first strike ( 1/5 ) is much less important than the last strike ( 1/2 ).

Because Frigate is not much different from Piazzale Delfino etc.

How many smash players did Finland get?
the first strike is the less important strike and the last one the most important.
now thing about how we strike.
1 2 2 1

=D

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Staco you mean how many entered the tournament? It was 19 IIRC.
There are way more players, but not everyone had the money to travel. We also found 2 totally new players who found us by that tourney. That means there are plenty more of hidden players to find.

Our scene is just starting up anyways, you guys are way ahead of us!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Not the ruleset though, 5 Neutrals 5 Counters anyone?
This would probably be the best, but not everyone agrees on the last 2 stages you take.
But nearly everyone agrees that FD, BF & SV are fine as starters.
Also most of the people agree that the other 7 stages are OK to be played on.
Brinstar for example; a lot of people think it's not good for competitive play.
So 3 Starter + 7 CPs is probably better, quicker and easier.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
This would probably be the best, but not everyone agrees on the last 2 stages you take.
But nearly everyone agrees that FD, BF & SV are fine as starters.
Also most of the people agree that the other 7 stages are OK to be played on.
Brinstar for example; a lot of people think it's not good for competitive play.
So 3 Starter + 7 CPs is probably better, quicker and easier.
Yeah ur right, best stage list eva.

F*CK BRINSTAR, although its good for me in the UK, bcuz Calz and Kasper always ban it vs me, meaning i get a free CP (Lylat).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No one thinks that way.
Most of us do.

We just stay away from "official" stage discussion because we don't like Super Theory Bros. where stages like Norfair and Picto magically become "decent counterpick" stages, that "promote diversity" and are "fit for competitive play". Most of the time we're just there to troll people until a mod shows up but the discussion is almost exclusively led by [and in the end only affects] american players. Just because you're exposed to their point of view more doesn't mean that "nobody thinks that way".

:059:

Laem

Smash Champion
as much as you're right gheb, doesn't every american there practically just follow w/e BPC says :p

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Brinstar is a perfectly fine stage for competitive play, in fact, it's way better than FD.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Hm, well I got an idea :O!
When I think twice, it could be fair, if we would use the 10 stages, and make it an 1-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2 System. So the first Player strikes 5 stages, but the second player can choose a stage out of the remaining five (Equal to "just" 4 strikes). Somehow this balances itself out...

This would quicken up the SS-Process as well, since one player just strikes half of the stages and the other player chooses one.

What do you think o.O?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
3 Starters and 7 Counters or 5 Starters and 5 Counters.

Or else leave it how it is imo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Brinstar is a perfectly fine stage for competitive play, in fact, it's way better than FD.
Cool story, bro.

How about you talk that kind of BS out with your fellow Super Theory Brothers master BPC while we have fun actually playing this game [without Brinstar ofc].

Hm, well I got an idea :O!
When I think twice, it could be fair, if we would use the 10 stages, and make it an 1-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2 System. So the first Player strikes 5 stages, but the second player can choose a stage out of the remaining five (Equal to "just" 4 strikes). Somehow this balances itself out...

This would quicken up the SS-Process as well, since one player just strikes half of the stages and the other player chooses one.

What do you think o.O?
This should be tested although I think player 2 still has the advantage. It's not like there are a lot of horrible stages for many characters [especially with our stae list].

4 quality strikes >>> 5 quantity strikes

:059:

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
This Finland talk is weird. What are your starter stages? Spear Pillar, Temple and Mario Bros?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
This should be tested although I think player 2 still has the advantage. It's not like there are a lot of horrible stages for many characters [especially with our stae list].

4 quality strikes >>> 5 quantity strikes
Hm I'm not sure :/

Yikarur

Smash Master
Hm I'm not sure :/
Player 2 has an advantage.
it's a difference to chose stages your opponent will not be able to play on and to choose a stage of 5 where he can play on. The Second one is definitive the better one.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Player 2 has an advantage.
it's a difference to chose stages your opponent will not be able to play on and to choose a stage of 5 where he can play on. The Second one is definitive the better one.
And what if we would stike out of 11 Stages, one player strikes 6 stages, the other one chooses o_O?

(Just askin)

Flayl

Smash Hero
And what if we would stike out of 11 Stages, one player strikes 6 stages, the other one chooses o_O?

(Just askin)
Out of 11 the fairer way to do it is

1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1

Player 1 strikes 4 stages, Player 2 strikes 5 stages, Player 1 chooses a stage from the remaining two

Top Bottom