• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aman 13 & Co. sig shop! Closed forever!

Roller

Smash Legend
Ok, how to cut out the background:

1) Open the picture in gimp
2) copy the entire image. EVEN THE BACKGROUND
3) Delete the layer (hit garbage can button on toolbox)
4) click layer-->new
5) Abox will pop up. Keep all the settings the same except make the layer transparent (there will be a little button that says transparent in the box)
6) edit-->Paste.
7) layer--> anchor layer.
8) scroll over the tools in the top portion of the tool box until you find the fuzzy select tool. (it looks like a wand)
9) Left click on the background. then right click on the background.
10) Edit--> clear

you should be good.

note that this only works on single color backgrounds, but the image you posted was on an all black background so you are fine.

To get great pics that already have the background removed (renders) go to planetrenders.net it's got great pics, and a crapload of them.

I hope this helped...

Lone Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Ok, how to cut out the background:

1) Open the picture in gimp
2) copy the entire image. EVEN THE BACKGROUND
3) Delete the layer (hit garbage can button on toolbox)
4) click layer-->new
5) Abox will pop up. Keep all the settings the same except make the layer transparent (there will be a little button that says transparent in the box)
6) edit-->Paste.
7) layer--> anchor layer.
8) scroll over the tools in the top portion of the tool box until you find the fuzzy select tool. (it looks like a wand)
9) Left click on the background. then right click on the background.
10) Edit--> clear

you should be good.

note that this only works on single color backgrounds, but the image you posted was on an all black background so you are fine.

To get great pics that already have the background removed (renders) go to planetrenders.net it's got great pics, and a crapload of them.

I hope this helped...
Thanks you so much RollerKing I did it and it turned out great =)

Lone Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Ugh sorry to keep bothering you guys but how do I get the gradient as the background color? I picked the green blend one and I dont know how to add it to the sig. Thanks :)

mzink*

Smash Ace
Or just make the background completely black so it looks like theres no background. Oh and could you shrink him so it's his whole body?

Thanks A_man!

Roller

Smash Legend
A_Man. I have an issue with a really saucy remark of yours on the competition thread.
.....So some guy online said something about you. Be a man and get over it. I don't have a problem with you. I just think that you are adding unnessesary spam to this thread because someone said something that was "saucy" to you online.

If I had a nickel for every time someone said something saucy to me online...

EDIT: WTF? What he said wasn't bad at all, he even COMPLIMENTED your effects. He merely stated that there are other things that make a good sig, not only flashy effects. (Not to say you aren't good, I LOVE your sigs:))

A_man13

Smash Master
I posted it in the group thing. I made it transparant.

Edit: I'm again sorry I said those things, Naybewon. I've really brought myself out in the wrong type of way. I don't need to repeat myself, do I?

A_man13

Smash Master
Thanks, Lucas user.

I'm sorry I haven't been active lately. Let's just say Naybewon and I have been talking some things out (Started by the statement on the sig wars, but leading to bigger, more positive for most plans). Good news is that I got Photoshop CS3.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thanks, Lucas user.

I'm sorry I haven't been active lately. Let's just say Naybewon and I have been talking some things out (Started by the statement on the sig wars, but leading to bigger, more positive for most plans). Good news is that I got Photoshop CS3.
Well, is Naybewon mad.

A_man13

Smash Master
...and NAybewon was mad, but that's been resolved an more. I don't want to give too much away on what's going on, but I'll letcha guess what we are planning...

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Your leaving!? or mabey your going to add her here. Anyway does anyone know how to change the forum back to normal???

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Thanks, Lucas user.

congrats on getting CS3! it's a wonderful application.

A_man13

Smash Master
I just need to get it to work and, once I re-learn the comands from GIMP, it should do miracles for my sig.

Top Bottom