• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aman 13 & Co. sig shop! Closed forever!

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice. I will try to recolor the text (don't know how to yet...) and try to find some way to make the characters pop more. And I'll try sticking to one render for my next few. Maybe I'll try getting photoshop off of limewire instead of using gimp. that might be part of the problem.
You could also change the sharpness to make it less blurry...just a suggestion

A_man13

Smash Master
My advice is to focus on keping the render sharp throughout the sig. You also should NEVER abuse the scale tool. It's good every once in a while to fit a render in, but a) if it's used on anything but effects or renders it messes up sig quality and b) Always use it on X-Y lock.

napZzz

Smash Hero
yup colors came out different than I thought but yeah its dayumm good. I was just wondering if you were going to be able to do anything with that pic actually lol good job.

napZzz

Smash Hero
YOU PASS aman your skillz are growing and I like each and every new sig you are throwing out. (if you dont remember I told you making my sig was a test lol)

A_man13

Smash Master
The text is automaticly the FG color. Either change that prior to opening the text tool or click the colored rectangle in the text tool screen.

@Nappy: I just thought it turned out weireder than expected. I was originally trying to do something like rollerking's, but since it was higher than fatter it turned out weired.

Roller

Smash Legend
PROJECT UPDATE:

Yo guys! Great news! I think I figured out why the renders are blurry. At first I shrank them, then enlarged to the correct size. So once I shrank them I think expanding them after caused a loss in quality. So it should be a fairly simple fix. I'll have to redo a lot of it but I think I could get it looking much better. I'll keep you posted. =)

EDIT: Ok, It only helped a very little bit. I'll post the new one here in a sec, but it is pretty much the same. I'm gonna work on just doing a sig on the render to the left for now.

Here it is...

I'll start tryin that other idea out.

napZzz

Smash Hero
@Nappy: I just thought it turned out weireder than expected. I was originally trying to do something like rollerking's, but since it was higher than fatter it turned out weired.
idc I like it so could I get an avatar and the 2nd one with get worked please?

A_man13

Smash Master
@PKlucas: Thanks, future req...I mean fellow shop owner.

Hey, I thought of an interesting idea when I was browsing some of the updates. This place is getting a little clutered with chat and what not; how about I start up a group? Just put it under some shnazy (I'm really scaring myself nowerdays) name like "Aman13 & Co. Hangout hut." The shop will become more focused on sigs, people who post here will have a place to discuss whatever, and we will all be hunky dory (*crawls under bed*). This has been in the works for a while, so this just hastens the pace of it's arival. What do you all think?

Roller

Smash Legend
WOW....Amazing
aman grandeza lordunicorn and pistolz you guys are awesome
pistolz and rollerking lordunicorn you guys have awesome animations
grandeza pistolz aman lordunicorn you guys have awesome sig
you inspired me
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. =)

Now I'm workin on making still sigs, hopefully I can catch A_man before too long...lol.

A_man, I just finished my second attempt at a sig. I have 3 options so you are gonna have to tell me which you like best. I'm thinking about entering the contest with it...
(I'll post it in a couple minutes.)

EDIT: WTF? It looks fine when I open the file...then it get's blurry when I look at it as a picture. Downloading photoshop now...

Roller

Smash Legend
A_man, if the thread would still be in the art section then hellz yes. if not then ok, I'd still like it. lol. But I have a question for you.

When you make a pic in gimp what type of file do you make it and how do you change it to that? If you just use gif then don't answer the second question.

Because I think that is a HUGE part of my problem.

A_man13

Smash Master
For sigs, I always save as png. Highest qualaty avalable. And yes the request thread will be here. Groups are accesed through your profile, so yeah. If you haven't checked yet, your profile is now more like a facebook, meaning you have a wall, group options, etc. I still need to figure it all out myself.

Roller

Smash Legend
For sigs, I always save as png. Highest qualaty avalable. And yes the request thread will be here. Groups are accesed through your profile, so yeah. If you haven't checked yet, your profile is now more like a facebook, meaning you have a wall, group options, etc. I still need to figure it all out myself.
AH HA! I knew I didn't suck THAT much. .png looks MUCH better. Thanks a LOT for the tip. I'll post the new sig in a sec.

Holy 5417! The profiles are mad beast now, and you can aim someone just by clicking below their avatar. I love this whole vamping the profile thing they've got going on today!

Roller

Smash Legend
Watch out A_man, here I come. lol.

I absolutely LOVE how this turned out. I have 3 versions of it, I realy like them all. I'll post them in just one second. Tell me which you think is best. I honestly have no idea, I think they all look great, especially for a beginner.

Roller

Smash Legend
Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Now, how much better do the sigs look in this format? I find it RIDONCULOUS how much better this format is for pics than gif.

EDIT: go ahead and make the group A_man

A_man13

Smash Master
yeah. I'd love to see how the've turned out...

Anyone else want me to go ahead and make the group?

Edit: I love them all, especially V3.

A_man13

Smash Master
Text would look best on the bottom left corner. My advice to improve the sig would be to make the large render a little more transparant.

Does anyone else like that group idea?

Roller

Smash Legend
Already said I liked it.=)

I'll try putting the text there. I'll test more transparency and see how it looks, but I kinda like the level of opaqueness it is at right now.

A_man13

Smash Master
K, I'll open it soon.

I need to change the intro, since Kirby King enabled custom avitars. I already got my hands on mine.

Roller

Smash Legend
K, I'll open it soon.

I need to change the intro, since Kirby King enabled custom avitars. I already got my hands on mine.
YES! THIS DAY NEVER STOPS GETTING BETTER!

no custom avvys was my BIGGEST complaint about this forum, and now we have them, and a crap load of even better features!

A_man13

Smash Master
Do you want me to get you a custom avitar with your sig. Besides a slightly eskew cut, Porky means buisness with my avitar.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Wow these upgrades are crazy. TOM made the cat group an official group and it's invitation only. I feel honored for him to choose me. Wow these forums just got 10x better.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yo gran, what do you think of the sig I just made? I realy like it. I made 3 versions which do you like best?

A_man, I added the text, and took some advise and made it pop out less.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

A_man13

Smash Master
Hey guys. I opened up that group thing I was talking about. Right now it's open to everyone who's requested or activly posting here (roadies). I set it to invite only so only those who are activly part of the shop (or requesters or sig makers) can join. If you want to join, post here and I'll give you the invite. The link to the group is:

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=47

Top Bottom