• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aman 13 & Co. sig shop! Closed forever!

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Wow A_Man. I really like that Toon Link sig. :D You've become so much better than you were a month ago.

If you made a pokemon sig for the contest, I don't see why you couldn't use it. As long as you made it after you entered the contest (since I think the rule is no sigs made beforehand can be entered) then go for it!

A_man13

Smash Master
@Nappy: I can't find your request anywhere? Could you repost?

@Anyone who's requested: This thread moves so fast that it's hard to keep up with who's requested. IF YOU REQUESTED FROM ME, REPOST YOUR REQUEST SO I CAN SEE THEM!

Grandeza

Smash Master

Roller

Smash Legend
Rollerking, In a few days I may have an animation request.
Ok. I will be away on friday evening and early saturday and finals on mon-wed. But I should be able to get it done reasonably soon. Just follow my guidelines for requesting. You can find my post by going to A_man's first post and scrolling down to where he has the link to my part of the shops rules/examples/etc. Or you could just go to page 2. LOL

A_man13

Smash Master
Hey, did you post that utterly noticably thing in your intro yet? I just want to make sure it can be updated on both the post and in the intro. Tell me when you have done so...

@Grandeza: As I already said, I'm not much of a clan person. Good luck with it. If need be, I'll join...

Roller

Smash Legend
Guys HUGE DEVELOPEMENT! I may actually try to attempt my first normal sig! I found some pics and backgrounds that I like for sig wars. I'll keep you posted. :bee:

Roller

Smash Legend
I'll see if I can help you out. Brushes, tuts, anything to help get you started...
Links to good brushes for gimp plz.

EDIT: Also, what size do you make your sigs?

2nd EDIT: How do you make the pic smaller?

3rd EDIT: A_man, WHERE ARE YOU! lol. How do you add and use brushes and how do you make pics smaller?

4th EDIT: This posting thing isn't working for me. Do you have aim? lol

PiSToLZ

Smash Lord
Mains- Lucario, Falco, and Meta Knight Seconda
brushes are on deviant art
you click the brush choose download then when the box appears click open
then Highlight the brushes and in the left box there will be copy these files
click that and find your brush folder
my computer>C>documents and setting>administrator>gimp 2.4>brushes
then click ok
when your on gimp refresh the list

to change size of sig use the scale tool

make your sig 375 by 115

good luck

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
So if you all are joining rel's forum, what's going to happen to this shop? Is anyone staying?

Anyway, I have an account on that forum and would like to join your clan...

A_man13

Smash Master

Roller

Smash Legend
Sorry rollerking. LEt me answer some questions:
I use 375 x 115
There is a scale tool that can be used for resizing.
Let me give you some links:
http://search.deviantart.com/?secti...ular+age_sigma:24h+age_scale:5&q=Gimp+Brushes : General brush browsing...
http://project-gimpbc.deviantart.com/art/GIMP-Splatter-Brushes-48299826 : My favorite brush set. Perfect for clipping masks and what not
And I don't keep an AIM. Boy I should...
I don't see how to add brushes though...Could you give me click by click instructions?

A_man13

Smash Master
1. Download the brushes and copy everything in the downloaded foalder.
2. Go to my computer.
3. Go to the C hardrive (Local disk on mine)
4. Program folders
5. Gimp
6. share
7. Gimp
8. 2.0
9. brushes
10. paste

napZzz

Smash Hero
maker: Aman!

Renders: http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-20773
Style: Do something cool aman.
Font: http://www.dafont.com/angies-new-house.font ? If you dont think that fits something else
Text:The same as before one with nappy and another with get worked

Lets just do the same thing we've done before. Lemme see what you've made with one that says nappy and I'll see if it needs edits maybe? Make snake visible please. Lemme see what you've got aman!

Oh and an avatar the same size as the last one you made me please? :)
I found it for you aman..........

Roller

Smash Legend
OK, so for my first sig I think it is coming along pretty nicely.

One question though, how do I get perfectly rounded edges?

Because I really Like that look.

Roller

Smash Legend
Looks like it will be tomorrow or friday.

I have some good news though.

PROJECT UPDATE:

I have a rough draft of my first ever normal sig. I will edit it into this post in a minute (after I load it onto photobucket).

HOW EXCITING!

EDIT:

PROJECT UPDATE:

Remember this is just a rough draft. I am considering animating it. I am also considering rounding the edges. I also want to know wether you could think of better wording for it. I like the current wording, but I think it could be better.

Any and all constructive criticism is GREATLY appreciated. Also, do you think the wording in the middle should remain in the center or should I move it to the right? I wanted to block as little of the girls as possible, but what do you think?

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
wow, thats really good, much better than my first one,
my one complaint is how the renders appear to be blurry,
but all in all, if you keep it up, you will get good fast

Roller

Smash Legend
wow, thats really good, much better than my first one,
my one complaint is how the renders appear to be blurry,
but all in all, if you keep it up, you will get good fast
Ya, I don't know why that happened. I took them from HUGE good quality pics, and they turned out like that...I don't get it either.

Any advice on the wording or whether I should animate it? (animation would be of the bubles and hearts with the sparkles around the hearts moving as well, and those Light beams (I guess that's what you would call them) on the blue side.)

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
@rollerking:
That is really good! Its a little blurry though...

Now I don't have much experience in this field but about the edges...you could just use photoshop and a layer mask. It should be really useful and in editing your work and can even be used to make sigs from scratch

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Looks like it will be tomorrow or friday.

I have some good news though.

PROJECT UPDATE:

I have a rough draft of my first ever normal sig. I will edit it into this post in a minute (after I load it onto photobucket).

HOW EXCITING!

EDIT:

PROJECT UPDATE:

Remember this is just a rough draft. I am considering animating it. I am also considering rounding the edges. I also want to know wether you could think of better wording for it. I like the current wording, but I think it could be better.

Any and all constructive criticism is GREATLY appreciated. Also, do you think the wording in the middle should remain in the center or should I move it to the right? I wanted to block as little of the girls as possible, but what do you think?
sorry if it isn't my place to comment, but i would like to offer you some advice as a fellow sig maker.
1) using two renders is VERY risky. if you don't place them correctly it will hurt you. i would recommend using only one render until you have enough experience with placement and blending.
2) your text stands out way too much compared to your renders. as of now, your focal is your text, and you do not want that. big, extravagant text should only be used scarcely, depending on the style of the sig. blending is key. the black text really stands out too much and detracts from the color scheme.
3) i read your post below about how your renders somehow lost quality, but you have to fix that. it's much too blurry and they appear to just be part of the background.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Hmmm I'm no sig maker so its not like I can say much, but its pretty blurry, and it looks like you need to improve the quality basically, make it brighter, do some kind of blending maybe with the letters. Maybe color the letters somehow to let them not stand out so much.

Roller

Smash Legend
sorry if it isn't my place to comment, but i would like to offer you some advice as a fellow sig maker.
1) using two renders is VERY risky. if you don't place them correctly it will hurt you. i would recommend using only one render until you have enough experience with placement and blending.
2) your text stands out way too much compared to your renders. as of now, your focal is your text, and you do not want that. big, extravagant text should only be used scarcely, depending on the style of the sig. blending is key. the black text really stands out too much and detracts from the color scheme.
3) i read your post below about how your renders somehow lost quality, but you have to fix that. it's much too blurry and they appear to just be part of the background.
Thanks for the advice. I will try to recolor the text (don't know how to yet...) and try to find some way to make the characters pop more. And I'll try sticking to one render for my next few. Maybe I'll try getting photoshop off of limewire instead of using gimp. that might be part of the problem.

Top Bottom