• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aman 13 & Co. sig shop! Closed forever!

A_man13

Smash Master
The focus should be the render and the text together and the background should be blured. Look at your sig and tell me where your eyes go first...

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
to the words honestly, then to ness, but hey, I fixed it a little. and got this cool little background. sorry for the double post.

A_man13

Smash Master
...And thats where the focus should be.

Better. Now try to make MK part of the BG. Try going to colors-> Color balance and play with the bars till the background matches the render.

In my opinion, this is how a sig should be made:

-Pasting and resizing the render
-Make the BG. I usually start one of two ways: taking two main colors of the render and making a BG of them or Repasting the render enough times to cover a transparant layer and give it a motion blur or gausian blur. Then add brushes, C4Ds, and what not for texture.
-BLENDING. Even the experts strugle with this. This can be done by adding stuff in front of the sig, setting a the render to overlay or multiply (as well as duplicating that layer, setting it to normal, and lowering the opalcity), or using filters to get the same feel.
-Lighting and extra effects. Just add a white to transparant gradient for lighting. Repeat the Make the BG step for texture.
-Coloring/ extra blending. Copy visable -> Paste -> New layer (instead of anchor layer). Then choose a gradient that goes with the render and Color -> Map -> Gradient map. Set to overlay and play with opalcity. Repeat pasting till it looks good.
-Focus: Copy->Paste-> New layer and duplicate the resulting layer. Gausian blur the top (by 2) and Sharpen the bottom (by 15-20) and erase the blured layer over the render (select the black space using color select, press Ctrl+I, and delete). Lower the blured layer so it looks good.
-Add text and your good.

If you want more tips, talk to me in PM.

A_man13

Smash Master
This is what I do. It just takes practice. Oh, and check out sugarpultries sig school a few pages back. It has some great links to fonts, C4D's, brushes, and tuts.

Lone Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, wow this thread is getting huge...rollerking I'll brawl but I have to tell you that I have been playing offline for like a month, so the lag is gona kill me. Reply if your still interested.

A_man13

Smash Master
@LoneShadow: I'm working on your edits now. I'm going to give you two versions and see which you prefer, K?

A_man13

Smash Master
One version that is just like the Santi one, one that is the same as the first, just with the FG effects of the original.

Lone Shadow

Smash Journeyman
One version that is just like the Santi one, one that is the same as the first, just with the FG effects of the original.
Sounds awesome cant wait to see them...in the mean time I downloaded gimp to play around with (I used Photoshop at school) and I'll post if I make something decent

Thanks

-LS-

Roller

Smash Legend
Sorry guys. I started working on a new animation instead. Pika vs DDD. It is gonna be shorter than PiSToLZ's is but MUCH better quality. Too bad I am gonna be leaving for the weekend in an hour... I might finish it sunday night. If not I'll show you on monday for sure.

A_man: I don't need my sig immediately because i will be away for the weekend, so feel free to bump me below people who request today.

A_man13

Smash Master
I think I have two or three reqiests (you've seen how I do sigs, it wasn't that long till recently; 30 Minutes is no longer the waiting time, but an hour at average). Then I have a few more edits.

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
Yea, I hope you don't take offense if I spend like the next 3 days working on a sig, and use that one instead of this next one, I'll only do that if it looks better though...

A_man13

Smash Master
Not at all. Quite a few people do that, anyways (say, the same day). If nothing else, you can use the sig rotator.

A_man13

Smash Master
It's just an animation done in GIMP. I decided to take it off since it lowers the overal sig quality.

A_man13

Smash Master
It looks good. It needs a bit more texture in my opinion and the flipping looks odd. Keep at it.

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
Yea, lol self accomplishment! the flipping I made pop out a little more I brought it to the front, underneath it I blurred it, and flipped it so it rotates to the top. It looks pretty tight, I was just experimenting though, but I really like it, I can go back and add texture.

A_man13

Smash Master
Try googling some tutorials for GIMP and try them out. Check out Cobra's (AKA marthmaster's) tutorials on Guildinn and GIMP Talk.

A_man13

Smash Master
You don't have to follow them step by step. They aren't supposed to be followed exactly; the point is to learn new skills.

Top Bottom