• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALT [Results on First Post]

craiigg

Smash Lord
crews, heck i havnt even played melee in so long and generally **** around with crews
whereas i play fine in doubles.. but it's so much more fun to watch and cheer for than doubles is.

Kone

Smash Master
Exactly doubles happens everyone time. Z's crack about everybody being involved is negated by the fact that two crews can be formed out of those left (same happens in doubles anyway!!!) and more people are involved ie not 3 teams consisting of z,wes,jam,euan,phil,charles,frost etc etc etc making up the top three.

Weve had alot of doubles, lets have one tourney with crews.

Its cos your still loving melee Z...if you dont play brawl competitively good on you. But alot still will, while melee wont be around. So what if theres one last melee tourney? itll still be limited number wise. So be happy theres still alot of melee but while ALT could potentially be the last large UK tourney (as the summer only ever crops up one UK tourney) then let crews happen for once aiko.

Aiko

Smash Champion
well i still need to discuss this with AmcD and ben about it.

Z: why won't you play competitive brawl?

ed: brawl online tonight maybe?

Kone

Smash Master
not tonight dude, i drank too much and will continue to. maybe later in week. plus, played brawl allday with wes so need a break. mabe another night ^_^

You still playing ddd?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Its various reasons,its a great game but Im just not as interested.Plus Im getting pretty sick of spending all my money on smash tournaments :laugh:,and I dont enjoy Brawl enough to anyway.Also quite important is Falcon is completely different and Im not interested in that.I like the other characters but the game doesnt satisfy me as much,plus more interested in other ventures etc:-Life is a pipe,just gotta smoke it.

Ed-I like Melee and so on and Im not bothered about how many play it as long as I can still play and get some crack which Im pretty much guaranteed.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Ed: yeah im still maining D3, you still with lucas? I've messed around with a lot of other characters, particularly Ike, wario, zamus, jiggs, pika and marth.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Ed: yeah im still maining D3, you still with lucas? I've messed around with a lot of other characters, particularly Ike, wario, zamus, jiggs, pika and marth.
I played it yesterday, my fave characters were King dedede then wario/wolf then gnw/ike.
GnW's uair's to fun :p

Kone

Smash Master
I love gnw upair its amaxing lol

Im maining Samus/Lucas. About 50/50. Lucas is alot better atm, still trying to get spacing sorted with sammy but getting there. Have sdb over this weekend, willg et some vids up soon ^_^

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
I played as basically everyone apart from DK and Diddy...The game's ****in amazing, playing it again tomoz :D

Ed, you still going to be doing that Brawl tourny, and if you are what date is it?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Yeah Ed, crews would def be good but realistically how many actual crews are we going to get in the 1st place? We've got us but will there be enough of the mafia? The GMC might not even show up. Plus, you can't ignore the people who still like doubles. For me it's still my favourite part of the tournament even if it does end up with a predictable final. I've talked about this to Aiko but we still need to talk to Alan about it. Tbh though, if we could be certain that there'd be more crews attending then it wouldn't be a problem.

Kone

Smash Master
SDB , MAFIA , IWR, YAKUZA, SCRUB + TT COMBO = 25 people

That is pretty much the complete turnout!!! use your head.

Realistically IWR, SDB or Mafia could win this thing:

Lineups :

Mafia - Reacher, MrP, Z, Allan and poss. Davemans

IWR - Chrisboi, Kman, Frost, Edwin, Charles (confirmed turnout i believe)

SDB - Jam5, Gawes, Kone, Ryan, ***

thats three teams that could take first? i personally cant tell who will win. Then Yakuza still have an outside chance, as do gmc if they turn up.

So, between the top three teams there are 15 people in the running to win. Compared to the 6 in teams and i think people will agree there are greater possibilities in upsets in crews than doubles.

Whats your point ? im not ignoring people that like doubles, just saying how many people would be for crews, which seems a fair few. Just trying to mix things up a little :/

VA

Smash Hero
For me, doubles is always a high point. I love it and I'm kind of opposed to side lining it.

On a side point it would be awesome to play crews, even though we have a crap one.

grayfox

Smash Champion
A far fetched idea but an idea none the less: Run both at the same time.

Crews needs 1 tv, there should be more than enough to have other team matches going on at the same time. The only issue is for people who want to watch the crew matches, at which point they can either deal with it or not enter teams, or people who have a teams and crew match on at the same time - which is the main issue. For that you could have the lower rounds of teams happen while 1 crew battle is going on, these matches should be short 3 match sets where NO ONE in the same crew should be playing eachother as no one should be asigned to in the early rounds of teams. This means the most 1 crew can be down on members is 2, the 2 playing on the same team. With a bit of modifying and patentance, (the odd chance that those 2 players must play in the odd chance their crew match is on) just wait 2 or 3 minutes for it to finish.

This would elimate the boring process of the first round of teams while not being a time factor for having both crews and teams on at the same time. The main event of crews and teams should have plenty of time to be done seperately as by then few matches will be left, and it will be the matches people actually want to see.

I know it is unlikely to work but just throwing it out there, as i've said my preference is crews. Never been one to be excited about teams

Also thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday = D

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I think it really depends on how long we have the venue for.At CHJ we had about 45 mins-1 hour left over and we only stopped at like 8.There was alot of breaks also.Assuming its the same this time,it'd be really difficult to do both events unless theres an earlier start or only one break for food.I really shouldnt be the one debating this though :laugh: Aiko and co. pipe in plox.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
yes way rofl. XD
i cant really practice melee as my disc doesn't load the majority of the allowed stages now, xD I'd just be counter-picking FD constantly, and i'm playing brawl more than melee... i haven't even tried to play melee for more than 5 minuets in the past two week.

i'll still be coming to this though for the banter etc.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
@VA.

you don't have an opinion yet, you've still yet to play brawl.
lol you'll get it this by weekend no worries, sending it in the post tomorrow next day/first class.

Edit:
Tbh those bashing either of the two games should only speak if they have played them both, which at this point the majority of us have.

VA

Smash Hero
Umm...I can say I won't ditch melee without playing any games, because I know how much I like it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Umm...I can say I won't ditch melee without playing any games, because I know how much I like it.
loool, Thats actually true, he can.
He can even say only melee he only wants tourn, it just means theres a chance his opinion wont get taken into account of some people.
He can even ask me out and I will say yes

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Foulplay gtfo go make some johns...oh wait :laugh:

Aiko was blatantly joking,man up scrubs.
You think I didn't know that?
We talked about it beforehand, and it's obviously staying a Melee tournament.

I was simply stating that no one can tell which they will like better before playing any of them, taking other peoples opinions of the game is stupid, you should just play it yourself and see what you make of it.

Although I think you knew that and your just trying to bug me XD

VA

Smash Hero
All I was saying is that I might like Brawl more, but it won't stop me thinking melee is amazing.

Aiko

Smash Champion
just to clear it up. Its obviously going to stay an all melee tournament. Crews is probably going to happen if we have enough people for it. If not, then it'll be doubles. We may have time for both if people are here on time and don't arrive on the day.

I will also be holding a brawl side event in the flat after the tournament, or maybe the night before.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
When do you have the venue from and til?

Kieran-I was referring to the post before that which was a giant mound of Brawl johns.None of them plox.

Top Bottom