• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALT [Results on First Post]

craiigg

Smash Lord
definately true O:

ryans coming to this?!? <3

i'm def coming just needa book in the next couple of dayzzzzzzzzzzzz
i havn't played melee for a month and a half GOOD TIMES

ps. someone bring a 64 and smash, i'll show you all some **** =)

grayfox

Smash Champion
Yeah i'm coming about 90% right now. Get money on 7th so if my bursery isn't cut off lol, then i'll be there = D

Also side note i'd muchly prefer crews over doubles. Crews is the best part of tourneys and i've always seen doubles as the worst, for me anyways.

Kone

Smash Master
craig - 64 is ****e

crews shud be played and doubles if theres enuff time . SDB want to **** on mafia and IWR. Yakuza simply dont come into the matter :(

VA

Smash Hero
I'm up for Crews, because if TT and Team Scrub join up then we'll have 4 crews, would be sweet?

J03

Smash Master
i dunno ed man, id personally allow that particular collaboration.

i normally wouldnt but neither can compete otherwise. besides SDB are after the blood and bringing the fire.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Aiko, Kone and Amea, my brawl is online, I'm not sure why but I got some weird error when I tried to play Box though...

2535-3190-4564 is my brawl friend code. I'll add you all soon.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
but everyone already knows chris is ****

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I know. He is too afraid to accept my £5 MM so he reduced it to £1 so if/WHEN he loses he can just go in his back pocket and pull out the john 'it wasn't for that much anyway'.
I think he is just afriad of losing his money which is quite understandable... I mean just look at me.. look into my eyes and you can see the beast inside.

Kone

Smash Master
well the collaboration crew can play yakuza to find out which crew is allowed to compete with mafia, sdb and iwr

COEY

Smash Lord
I'd say the best 4 melee players atm in SY are;

AMCD
Aiko
BB
BulletBill

In no particular order.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Does Bullet Bill attack with bullets much like an hitman or with bills much like a taxman, a moral debate or just a bored observation/question/spam, i ask you?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I still maintain that Bullet Bill was a poor effort of a name.It could have been Bullet Ben,Bullet Pill,Bullet Mengz,Bullet Taru??

ryan u r 20 wow tht must feel weird happy birthday man i want 2 play u

Btw,incase you're still considering it,teams basically wins over crews because everyone can compete in teams,those not in crews will be watching smash for 3 hours or so.Both should still be done though def.

Kone

Smash Master
Right. . . this could possibly the last serious melee tourney. For those not convinced, freeloader for brawl is available soon and ive heard various people mention switching to brawl after ALT. So, imagine future melee tourneys after ALT . . 20 ppll at most.

We've had doubles tournaments since melee kicked off here. We have never had a crews tournament yet we have alot of crews with alot of history. Why not just dump doubles for one tournament? or atleast run it at aikos after or something. Ive spoke to sdb, we dont care for it, even wes in preference for crews.

Doubles in all honestly is only competitive between 3 teams usually. Dont attempt to say otherwise, look up past results. Crews will have atleast 4 competitive crews that can take each other out, allowing 16-20 players to be competitive ie more players get to be involved. Doubles is depressing and un-exciting. We all know sdb v mafia would be a big deal compared to z/wes vs charles/frost U_U. I dont care bout that, i ould care bout IWR v Mafia if that was crews finals.

And if the argument for doubles is to have everyone involved, which is a ****e argument to remove the idea fo crews all together, then just hoy every left into crews or atleast attach them to other crews. I really dont like this but id prefer this over having ****ing doubles again (its not like im never competitive in doubles either >_>).

Yakuza
Mafia
IWR
Scrub + Toast
SDB
GMC

how many people would be missing anyway? heck, SDB maybe able to field a B Team and nearly compete a 8 team bracket.

If theres enough people left put them in a random crew and make them the 8th crew. If gmc dont come then they can be a bif 7th crew.

Surely people can see this as being so much more exciting than ****e doubles?

**** doubles theres no god**** excitement. Whyd you care BB ? its another 5th, whoop >_>
ed

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I completely disagree :laugh: teams is mint.

I understand the 'never crews always doubles' thing though.I've just always seen doubles as integral and mint and I've never been that much for crews.What you gonna do:laugh:?No-ones gonna change my O's here and Im not interested in changing anyone elses,O's are O's imo.

Hosts pipe in,man up etc.

EDIT:lol I just realised this post was pretty pointless.I dont have much to argue for doubles over crews other than the people attending crack I mentioned before,which is completely valid.

whatevers most reasonable I just prefer doubles.

Aiko

Smash Champion
hmmm, im tempted to actually go with crews, but I want to see other peoples opinions. I would like the melee scene to go out with a bang and since we've never done a proper crew tournament, this is an opportune time to do it.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
To be honest,Im not interested in Melee going out after this tourney.Brawl isnt even f*cking released over here and if no-one else does I'll have one last tourney after this.I can guarantee I wont play brawl competitively by the way.

btw,see the edit on my post

Top Bottom