• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALT [Results on First Post]

Aiko

Smash Champion

Smash Yakuza presents: Another Liverpool Tournament or ALT for short.

Date (confirmed)
Saturday 5th April

Results

Singles:
1. Fuzzyness
2. Cpt Zeppo
3. Tears of Sephiroth
4. Professor Pro
5. Reacher
5. Vanity Angel
7. Chrisboi
7. Ogre
9. Aiko
9. AmcD
9. JO3
9. Lord Rust
13. AC Anon (surprise surprise)
13. Blood Bowler
13. Coey
13. P.dot

Doubles:
1. Why you jumping for son? (Fuzzyness + Zeppo)
2. C Stick Avengers (Lord Rust + Ogre)
3. Paul Copeland owes me £10 (Aiko + AmcD)
4. Time to Try (P.dot + Professor Pro)
5. Chrisboi King Supreme (Chrisboi + Tears of Sephiroth)
5. Shine Squad (Vanity Angel + Wiggum)
7. Bill and Son (AC Anon + Bullet Bill)
7. Bird and the ***** (Blood Bowler + Coey)
9. Aujourdhui Demain (Box + Jet)
9. Owned and Pwned (Foulplay + P.vanity)
9. Team Crouch Cancel (Monty + Umpa)
9. Team Super ***g0ts (JO3 + Reacher)

Brawl Singles (Single Elimination)
1. Aiko
2. Vanity Angel
3. Box
3. Coey
5. Foulplay
5. Kyuubi X
5. Reece
5. Umpa
9. AC Anon
9. Chrisboi
9. Monty
9. P.dot
9. P.Vanity
9. Spitfire
9. Tears of Sephiroth
9. Ting!

VIDS Coming soon!

Venue (confirmed)
Liverpool Spiritualist Church
14 Daulby Street
Liverpool
Merseyside
L3 5NX

The venue is literally across the road from the main housing and is probably the nicest venue you will go to in the British smash circuit. Its nearly twice as big as the GT hall plus there is a small side room where people can have friendlies during event matches. Venue and date is now confirmed so people can start booking their travel.

Costs
Main Events

£5 - Singles
£10 per team - Doubles
£5 - Venue (This cost applies to everyone regardless of what events they enter)

Side Events
Free

Prize
Singles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th/5th - Entry fee £5 (Depentdant on no. of entrants)

Doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Housing

Aiko's and Bulletbill's
D19b Opal Court
London Road
Liverpool
L3 8HR

The main flat can house around 15-20 people. Other people who are not involved in smash live here so your cooperation in keeping it peaceful and odour free is necessary.

We also have a house (kindly donated by will) within a 5 minute walk from the main flat where we can house another 15-20 people. This house will be reserved for people who want to go to sleep early as the neighbours do not want noise late at night.

Travel

Train - Take the train to Liverpool Lime Street Station and give me a call, since the location is only a 5-10 minute walk.
Coach - Coach to Liverpool and call me. It's a 5 minute walk to the location.

Aiko - fisheatcorn@hotmail.com

BulletBill - bentondestruction@hotmail.co.uk

Rules

BYOC - This is imperative, there will be no spare controllers, nobody will bring a controller for you. So you must Bring Your Own Controller!!

Controller Rules

Due to the lack of original Cube controllers found in shops, I am allowing Mad Catz, Logic 3, Wavebird and other 3rd Party controllers. I ask you all to watch your opponents controllers at any point when you feel it's safe to do so, or if you think they may be cheating. I will be walking around as well and watching and if I see anyone I suspect of cheating I will have the game paused and the controller tested as is.

VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE RULES WILL BE PUNISHED!

You will be eliminated from the tournament, you will lose any game you were playing and any sets you may have yet to play will be classed as a loss for you. You will not be refunded any amount of money you may have paid and you will be disallowed entry to any other events happening that day.

To All Those Bringing/Using Wavebirds!!

Due to the way Wavebirds work, there are extra rules surrounding their use. First off, if I catch you cheating by having an accomplice play your game for you using the wavebird channel system, you will both be disqualified from all events immediately. Your money will not be refunded.

Second, due to the wireless technology in Wavebirds you may experience lag from the controller signals, interference or accidental channel stealing from other players. This WILL NOT be accepted as an excuse for a loss or an in game technicality. If you are bringing a Wavebird and intend to use said Wavebird in tournament play, you are accepting any and all possible risks that come with it's use.

In order to minimise confusion and accidental cross-channelling (A term I just made up, where two players use the same channel by accident, causing weird effects) I reccomend that everyone intending to use a wavebird in this tournament either PM me or post in this thread that you are intending to do so. If not, tell me on the day when you register that you will be doing as such. With this in place I can assign channel numbers that players are to use on the day and minimise accidental cross-channeling.

Singles and Doubles

-Best of 3 Set
-4 stock per person
-7 minutes time limit
-Advanced Slob Picks

-No items
-Wobbling is banned

Stages
Singles
Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium and Dreamland 64 on random.
Counterpick also includes Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams and Battlefield.

Doubles
Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield and Kong Jungle 64 all on random.

Side Event Rules
Crews
-20 Stock per team, 4 per player.
-7 minutes time limit
-Slob picks. Winner can only change character if challenger picks a stage. If no stage is chosen, then stage is randomly picked.
-Stages same as singles

-No items
-Wobbling is banned

Brawl singles
-Best of 3 set
-3 stock
-6 minute time limit
-Advanced slob pick

-No items, including smash balls

Stages - Battlefield, Final destination and Smashville on random.
Counterpicks - Battlefield, Final destination, Delfino plaza, Luigi's mansion, Mario Circuit, Pirate ship, Yoshi's Island, Lylat cruise, Castle seige, Pikmin and Smashville

J03

Smash Master
3rd i cant beleive ive gotta wait till april ffs

imo raise the pot/entry fee

who wants a larger pot?

also i vote for the earlier the better so march gets my vote

J03

Smash Master
double post:

travel arrangements (for any who dont know already =/)

london-liverpool (yeah you guys are the only people who dont turn up)

coach: london central coach goes direct to liverpool £34.50 BUT its much cheaper to book in advance and it price will be under £20

an alternative route is coach to manchester then train to liverpool, the coach to/from manchester can be £1 each way but its a lil more effort

train: normally around 60 squid but a rail card makes it 40, also if your travel in 4's and book in advance you will save a fortune

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
as soon aS u get a date im booked

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
thanks joe for the extra info. Basically anyone who attended this previously will tell you how good this tournament is gonna be.

Foulplay- we on for doubles?

Aiko

Smash Champion
just so everyone knows, the date for the tournament will be decided by this weekend. Get your preference in asap, as both dates are free and will be confirmed by sunday. Atm its leaning towards 5th april.

bokkusu

Smash Apprentice
I can do either although March would probably be preferred because the little amount of Melee skill I do have will probably completely disappear soon now I have Brawl >.<

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
rawr when will the rest of the vids be up T__T also i think you guys should do april, 1 month break between epita. Also less exams for people!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
lol this would be cool to see happen in crews:
north vs south
scotland vs england [lol highly doubt this will ever happen though as we only have p, z, ryan and alan to rep who is actually good.]

but yeah april actually is better for me aswell, more money then. :p
pdot, we finally going to get our 50p mm out of the way?

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
north vs south
scotland vs england [lol highly doubt this will ever happen though as we only have p, z, ryan and alan to rep who is actually good.]

its been too long

inflation and stuff

its 3 pounds now.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
north vs south

Scotland would still win obv:laugh::laugh:

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yeah i know but if we had crews in attendance then i think we should do it if we have time.

J03

Smash Master
Aiko, make me a sig :p

i dont like the plain blue background tbh, it needs to be changed imo. maybe to the background foulplay used

good idea ia, gg

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
I know...but i didn't know if jo3/aiko would have the psd file...plus it sounded as though joe thought you had got the background from somewhere,
and deviantart is better for tutorials.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
yeh true.
on topic: I'm probs gonna be coming to two fests before this, the obv one next week and one in March, hopefully one a month from now on. (I know this is the ALT thread not SY Bi-Weeklies.)

accepting mm's at a low price only. No greater than a quid. [I must accept first obv.]
And aye 100% going to this, just need a date to book.

Top Bottom