• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALT [Results on First Post]

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Chrisboi will probably win IMO..dont underestimate the GT..F!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Honestly i actually think Chrisboi is going to win. He isnt that bad as we make him sound at all and im pretty sure he will defeat alot of the northerners, or as he says 'Finish Them'.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
No johns Ben.We can play some friendlies if you want and you can not camp.50p isnt a consolation for 10 minutes of pill spamming imo :laugh:

Aiko

Smash Champion
Here is the information everyone is talking about:

Main Events: Melee singles and doubles tournament
Doubles will start promptly at 10:30 after registration at 10. Anyone not on time will not be entered unless they call, telling us they will be late and would still like to enter. If they enter, they will be given 6 mins, before given a game loss (not match loss).

Singles will start after a break when we reach the finals of doubles. Again singles matches must be promptly played. Game losses will be given if matches are not played within a reasonable time.
Doubles finals will be played before singles finals.

Side Events: Melee crew tournament and Brawl singles tournament.
Side events will only be on if there is sufficient time and sufficient entrants. It is likely that we will only have time for 1 of these events so a vote will be taken on the day.

Crew match tournament will require at least 4 teams of 5 players. Entry fee is probably going to be £20-25 per team, with prize of 1st-70% 2nd-30%.

Brawl singles tournament will require at least 8 players, although 16 is preferable. If there is a high demand then we can make larger brackets. Pools will not be made. This tournament also has the benefit of being continued at the flat if we run out of time. Entry will be £3-5 per person. with prize being 60:30:10 or 70:30 depending on the number of entrants. Obviously this is also dependant on the no. of brawl setups. Please post if you can bring a brawl set up.

I will give priority to the event with people paying, as I can understand some players not wanting to pay for either event. If either event cannot generate sufficient entry fee then we can opt for a free tournament.

I will be posting all this information plus rules on side events on the first page soon.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
I may be able to bring a brawl set up depending on whats happening with the whole freeloader/chip stuff.

grayfox

Smash Champion
rofl Paul nah it's actually one of the classics, Charizard.

Thanks for the info, so that means doubles is a priority over crews?

I'll enter the brawl tourney if it happens but i've never played it haha, just for good times

Aiko

Smash Champion
I can understand where you're coming from, as there is a fair bit of cash going in. At the same time the whole paying for side events is optional really. If there aren't enough people willing to pay then it'll either be crews or a free brawl tournament. As I've mentioned before, I will put priority on whichever generates the money.

My reason for adding an entry fee though is because I only want the serious players entering the tournament. If its free, then everyone will enter and we wouldn't have enough time, at least not in the venue. I'm not really fussed if there isn't an entry fee though and brawl friendlies will always be available provided they don't interfere with the running of the tournament.

If theres enough demand, I won't put up a fee but I can guarantee I won't be chasing people to play their games if there are a large no. of entrants.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I've just been talking to Aiko about this and I'd thought I'd post what I think up here. If there is this brawl tournament then I don't think there should be an entry fee cos it's brawl- not everyones played it, the games really new and Ed is gonna do an actual brawl tournament. To be honest though I don't think there should be a brawl tournament cos I think it will just ruin the main tournament. People will just be a lot less interested and just want to get on with the brawl tournament. Since this is the last melee tournament (probably) then it shouldn't have any brawl events along with it. I'm not saying people can't play brawl, they can of course but a tournament is just unneccesary.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I've just been talking to Aiko about this and I'd thought I'd post what I think up here. If there is this brawl tournament then I don't think there should be an entry fee cos it's brawl- not everyones played it, the games really new and Ed is gonna do an actual brawl tournament. To be honest though I don't think there should be a brawl tournament cos I think it will just ruin the main tournament. People will just be a lot less interested and just want to get on with the brawl tournament. Since this is the last melee tournament (probably) then it shouldn't have any brawl events along with it. I'm not saying people can't play brawl, they can of course but a tournament is just unneccesary.
I agree with this.

AmcD

Smash Ace
If there is a brawl tournament then it should be after or before the main tournament not during it.

OGRE™

Smash Rookie
*cough* Thought I might as well confirm that The GMC are definately making this, because nobody else on my crew seems like they're going to xD. We're booked and set to go, and are using public transport this time, so as long as the bus doesn't explode or something ******** like that, we should actually be there this time xP

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
*cough* Thought I might as well confirm that The GMC are definately making this, because nobody else on my crew seems like they're going to xD. We're booked and set to go, and are using public transport this time, so as long as the bus doesn't explode or something ******** like that, we should actually be there this time xP
good news indeed :lick:

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
edwin and chris wanna mm doubles?

pricks

Top Bottom