• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright guys, we've got **** to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Mainly because Rich plays against the best Falco all the time and is looking for an edge against the character. Also because people are freaking out and saying it's unwinnable. We do do matchup discussions though, just usually not in this thread, although they're perfectly fine in here as well.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I see, well then I will contribute to this character discussion.

I will try and practice against other characters besides Falco
since it looks like Rich has that down.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Hey, I have an amazing thread idea that will really help us, but I don't feel like posting/managing it.

Something that would really help me is if there was a thread that listed every single move which is usmashOoSable. Right now I'm still learning what moves to usmash and what moves which are best to just shieldgrab.

The list could be organized into moves that are guaranteed to work, moves which will work sometimes depending on spacing, and moves which are simply better to shieldgrab.

This can kinda be a community thing, since it's a daunting task to learn the properties of every single freaking move in the game.

Off the top of my head, I think Falco's fsmash can be usmashed, but Falco's usmash send us too far away. Uh yeah that's all lol

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I say go for it, Rich. I guess we can start making threads for the different topics discussed in here. When I get enough for an OP written, I'm going to start a discussion on Pikmin Management.

Jane

Smash Hero
Thanks for the explination hilt :D

Also that upsmash oos thread is a really good idea, someone not lazy should do it
*cough*VOCAL :b

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hey, I have an amazing thread idea that will really help us, but I don't feel like posting/managing it.

Something that would really help me is if there was a thread that listed every single move which is usmashOoSable. Right now I'm still learning what moves to usmash and what moves which are best to just shieldgrab.

The list could be organized into moves that are guaranteed to work, moves which will work sometimes depending on spacing, and moves which are simply better to shieldgrab.

This can kinda be a community thing, since it's a daunting task to learn the properties of every single freaking move in the game.

Off the top of my head, I think Falco's fsmash can be usmashed, but Falco's usmash send us too far away. Uh yeah that's all lol
Great idea! And it needs to be done - who knows how many more gems like UsmashOoSing Snake's jab there are? I've got the perfect title

Rocket Power - How to UsmashOoS and Beat Nearly Anything

:D

Who would've thunk that we were sitting on a way to actually consistently cause pikmin rockets? I still smile when I think about that.

And UsmashOoS is definitely the term (nice one Rich) but we need a shorter nickname - subtract the "mash," get Usoos? Or if we were gonna do that we could call it Usauce (cuz it's close in sound [kinda, whatever] and it's Usmash + awesomesauce :lick:)

edit@Jane: Lol I totally would, but I don't have anyone to help me test them and I don't thing I have the dexterity to attack myself AND Usoos. (hee hee Usoos)

Btw, does anyone have the link to that pikmin rocket video that was somewhere a while back? Just PM it to me, I just wanna look at it lol

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys just letting you know, with some moves that you up smash OoS, if you do it to early the move will kill your pikmin, some move you have to wait a little bit before up smashing, I've noticed this a lot on mks ledge attack.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah Jules, PS was talking to me about that. We wouldn't want to use it on attacks that last a long while after they make contact to our shield. So like for Luigi's Nair, while Up Smash OOS beats it, you don't want to do it too early or the Pikmin will die. Also, you'll want to pay attention to how much health the Pikmin has, and try to do this more with Purples.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Man rockets are awesome. And does that happen everytime TL's boomerang hits a charged Usmash? Or did that just happen at the precise moment of release?
Hey guys just letting you know, with some moves that you up smash OoS, if you do it to early the move will kill your pikmin, some move you have to wait a little bit before up smashing, I've noticed this a lot on mks ledge attack.
Interesting, we'll definitely have to pay attention to this.
The Usmash OoS thread will be handled by Vocal?
Well see, the thing is that I don't have someone to help me test moves. However, if no one else actually wants manage the thread, I'd be happy to create it, keep it updated with the findings of others, and make sure all the information is organized and easily accesible.

also, question: Pikmin dies = no hitbox?

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
I think you just shouldn't do it on moves that have high damage output, if they have low damage output the pikmin will move and still hit them, so with some nairs that get weaker, you can just so it when it isn't at it's strongest.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I think you just shouldn't do it on moves that have high damage output, if they have low damage output the pikmin will move and still hit them, so with some nairs that get weaker, you can just so it when it isn't at it's strongest.
Jules, why don't you post more!?

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Well tbh, I had really fun actually having a social life from being in summer school and in contact with good friends, so Internet kinda got boring to me, but it slowly brings me back.

Vocal, I don't post more because I have a bad memory and I forget smashboards exists, I'm Hoping to gt a torunament in before school starts though. Some way or another I'll get myself to post more.

Edit: btw more than half of my posts have been done on my phone because I only remember this site when I am bored without a computer.

Geddan

Smash Ace
sorry if it's already been covered, but he seemed to whistle when it counted. i think he didn't want to do it more since he didn't want to mess up line ordering. all you prolimars keep track of it just as well but i think he's just ocd about it. :p

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
That's a good point. I also think he didn't want to take the damage, which is also understandable. Sometimes it doesn't matter, or it's safer to take the damage than air dodge, though. I didn't think about him not whistling because he didn't want to mess up his order, though. Nice pointing that out, Geddan.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Keeping track of my line has never been an issue for me, I subconsciously know what's next

Whistle bounce all day son~

Geddan

Smash Ace
i just noticed that he seemed to be very meticulous about his line order, like seriously. >_< it's like he would kill someone in real life if someone touched his line.

and i think it's different from knowing what's next, more every opportunity he could get he specifically wanted what was next.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
i just noticed that he seemed to be very meticulous about his line order, like seriously. >_< it's like he would kill someone in real life if someone touched his line.

and i think it's different from knowing what's next, more every opportunity he could get he specifically wanted what was next.
That's a very good observation about not wanting to mess his line up - good call. And you're right, and saying the same thing Hilt has - Brood doesn't adapt to his line order, he makes his line order adapt to him.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
Keeping track of my line has never been an issue for me, I subconsciously know what's next

what about that iceclimber john at one of the mlgs, "oh i upsmashed but instead of a purple a white came out and they got a grab"

Geddan

Smash Ace
Brood doesn't adapt to his line order, he makes his line order adapt to him.
exactly. it's really important to be able to do both though, like it's practically impossible to have your line adapt to you all the time since it's impossible to ALWAYS have the ideal pikmin for what you intend to do next. adapting to your line as an olimar is an inevitability.

i think as olimars though we definitely need to incorporate more manipulating our line to adapt to what we want as compared to otherwise since we've pretty much got that down.

think about it, brood hardly ever got gimped not because he had purples in his line and cycled them so he could recover, but he had them in his line and kept them right where he wanted. i noticed he did toss away pikmin at times, different colors too. idk if this was by mistake or what, but it would make sense if he does have a game plan that he wants to accomplish with specific colors. maybe i'm thinking too hard about this... >_<

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

Knowing which Pikmin's going to come up and controlling your line so that you'll have the right Pikmin in the near future for when you'll need them, are two different things. And sometimes I'll save my whistle if I know the next one is going to be a Purple Whistle.

Edit: I've been working on bouncing whistles a lot lately, actually. I've been doing something and haven't mentioned it yet, but I'll run at my opponent, bounce a whistle backwards to fake them out, and then bair towards them. Bair has a lot of range so it will either hit them or keep them away long enough, and we won't have much lag on our landing if you time the beginning of the bair right. And a lot of the time, opponents will drop their shield if you whistle bounce away from them, and they'll try to chase you.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Knowing which Pikmin's going to come up and controlling your line so that you'll have the right Pikmin in the near future for when you'll need them, are two different things. And sometimes I'll save my whistle if I know the next one is going to be a Purple Whistle.

Edit: I've been working on bouncing whistles a lot lately, actually. I've been doing something and haven't mentioned it yet, but I'll run at my opponent, bounce a whistle backwards to fake them out, and then bair towards them. Bair has a lot of range so it will either hit them or keep them away long enough, and we won't have much lag on our landing if you time the beginning of the bair right. And a lot of the time, opponents will drop their shield if you whistle bounce away from them, and they'll try to chase you.
Man I'm learning so many mindgames from this thread XD

Keep 'em coming, hopefully I'll have some to share eventually ^_^

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
hmmm never thought of thats why he never whistled much. I was thinking he just liked to keep it hidden so it wouldnt be obvious

RichBrown

Smash Master
When did I say that? I don't remember saying that

And if I did, it likely had more to do with the purple sneaking to the back of the line because it was lagging behind and I didn't notice, nothing to do with whistling.

The MLG consolation matches were more like friendlies anyways lol

I tried when it counted against m33p lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
wait are you really saying he hasn't done anything you haven't except beat me? What about 2 stock ally in tourney (I think twice but i didn't see both games) and get 2nd, only losing to Larry twice in bracket. If you want to be a top Olimar it's not that easy as just beat one person it's get top 3 at a national. That is the goal.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
wait are you really saying he hasn't done anything you haven't except beat me? What about 2 stock ally in tourney (I think twice but i didn't see both games) and get 2nd, only losing to Larry twice in bracket. If you want to be a top Olimar it's not that easy as just beat one person it's get top 3 at a national. That is the goal.
Lol this is true, who said that? I forget.

Nice of you to drop by, btw :)

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Hey hilt about that whistle thing, slee does the same thing except he short hop whistles and I hit him, the whistle armor blocks it and he Nair lands, he does it when he whistle will bring a purple fo he up smash to and it works great.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah if they hit me then it's better because I know for a fact the bair will connect. If I'm planning to Nair them though, I won't wave bounce the whistle.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I have a question. Can anyone tell me how many frames total whistle is, and during which frames he gains super armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom