• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ally: Snake is not the second best character. What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
By the way, for all of you who would like to know a theory as to why Ally is using MK while claiming Snake isn;t 2nd best...

He's using the unquestioned best character in the game to not influence any other characters. This way, he is completely arbitrary to all changes that will happen if he was gone from the tourney results, since MK is winning lots of tourneys anyway it's like he's not even using MK.

If what he says is true, then Diddy should catch up to Snake in no time. If not, then Snake will remain 2nd and he'll have won lots of money in the meantime. Success!

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Ally must be really full of himself. >.> He's great, yeah, but Razer alone is just as good as he is and he has a different play style. Ally, you're not the Reflex of Snake, I'm sorry.
I really think he couldn't care less considering he's won several national tournaments, not including several smaller ones.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Lol, looks like some IC mains need to mm my Wolf.

Edit: meh, nvm, I stopped practicing the character, and don't really care that much about what people say about his matchups.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
By the way, for all of you who would like to know a theory as to why Ally is using MK while claiming Snake isn;t 2nd best...

He's using the unquestioned best character in the game to not influence any other characters. This way, he is completely arbitrary to all changes that will happen if he was gone from the tourney results, since MK is winning lots of tourneys anyway it's like he's not even using MK.

If what he says is true, then Diddy should catch up to Snake in no time. If not, then Snake will remain 2nd and he'll have won lots of money in the meantime. Success!

But how will that prove Diddy is better? Tournament results? o_0

etecoon

Smash Hero
Ally must be really full of himself. >.> He's great, yeah, but Razer alone is just as good as he is and he has a different play style. Ally, you're not the Reflex of Snake, I'm sorry.
razer is amazing, I think his snake is more fun to watch than ally, but he's not "just as good as" ally. no snake is on the same level as him. he also is probably top 5 or 10 of MK's already, LOL

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
But how will that prove Diddy is better? Tournament results? o_0
That would only help Diddy's tourney results, but I don't know what else to make of it. He could very well be doing what I said, or actually have some other intention.

Diddy pros and Snake pros are pretty much the same number (Snakes being slightly more numerous), so if Diddy creates a large-enough gap between him and Snake whil maintaining the #2 spot, then I don't see why more and more people would start arguing that Diddy is better than Snake.

... I still think Snake is 2nd best, and I've yet to receive the explanation I desired from people who claim Diddy's #2. :mad:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There is a good chance Snake is not the second best character in the game.

ADHD wtf lol Kakashi get that shet outta here.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Man this topic is hilarious.

ICs being third is lol fanboyism. Too easily stage CP'd, they have characters that can give them a fair bit of trouble, it's just not happening. 7th to 8th is about how good I seem them ending up.

Falco can't deal with planking at all, that along keeps him from being above Snake who does have methods to deal with it. Saying he should be second is insane.

So much fanboyism everywhere. @_@

Diddy is the only one with an outside chance of being better then Snake, but I honestly think that's only if he ends up over hyped like Wario did when he went to third. Diddy is the current "ZONG HYPE!" top tier character of the tier list, by the time another one (after the one we're waiting for) rolls around, everyone will be hyping about some other top tier being third/second.

Unless something changes drastically in the metagame, it will always be 1) MK, 2) Snake. As it should be.

Player-1

Smash Legend
MK is just a terrible character in general...the tier list should look like this (the important stuff):

Top:
wigi
Squirttle
Snake
Diddy

High:
Mario

Mid:
Gdorf

Low:
MK

Bottom:
Inui.

rdy go.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario has the chance to overtake Snake for that spot actually. Honestly, Diddy/Falco/Wario all have a good shot at doing that.

etecoon

Smash Hero
inui isn't bottom tier, if you had just drunkenly climbed a mountain with a broken finger and a cold on no sleep, you'd do badly too(also not sleeping affects him more than anyone else that has gone to a tournament on no sleep)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Inui's not a character: he's a way of life.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Wario has the chance to overtake Snake for that spot actually. Honestly, Diddy/Falco/Wario all have a good shot at doing that.
Says practically the only Wario who's been consistent with his results. ;)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Huh?

Also, stop with the randomly insulting inui people. It's off topic and not funny.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
In all seriousness though, the idea that Snake is not the 2nd best in the game is a legit thought. Snake doesn't really dominate regions overall like the second best character in the game would. Diddy/Falco IMO dominate areas (good areas) more than Snake does. Wario is debatable, he doesn't dominate **** lol. He has comparable matchup spreads to Diddy and Falco (with a slight benefit of having the advantage on them), but no one really plays him anymore at least for Singles.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Snake as 2nd best is permanent imo. Ppl'll still use Snake so you can't say dat his game will decline. Some1 will replace Ally's snake if he stops but tbh anyone can play like ally u just got to actually try.:samus2:

etecoon

Smash Hero
this is why ally's plot is so likely to have impact, people have like no ability to look at characters traits and analyze from there, they just look at who's winning. when fiction quit wario, suddenly it's "wario got way overhyped, no one does great with him" instead of acknowledging that he doesn't have as many top players as some other charatcers.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
tbh anyone can play like ally u just got to actually try.:samus2:
I half-agree, anyone can play like Ally if they put their minds to it, stop johning, get loads of experience and study up...

... But I also half-disagree. "u just got to actually try"? I feel insulted!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Even when Ally played Snake more, I thought he wasn't always a solid #2. Like he is a contender for it, but it's certainly not set in stone.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I half-agree, anyone can play like Ally if they put their minds to it, stop johning, get loads of experience and study up...

... But I also half-disagree. "u just got to actually try"? I feel insulted!
I was thinkin' along the lines of actually trying and using outstanding characters, no offense. I kno :kirby2: is great and all but it takes some sort of superhuman to come top 8 in a national w/, unless all the top ppl ran out of gas on their way to the site.:samus2:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i know this i slightly off topic but i feel it should be said. If Ally only plays MK MK might win all the major tourneys and if this happens will the MK being banned conversation start up again. Could Ally get MK banned i think is a more impotent question then is snake #2 b/c right now assuming the next tier list is not far away snake will clearly be #2 when it comes out. Not until the 5th tier list will snake maybe move down and thats pretty far away.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
I think snake is not just better than diddy but in a whole different tier than Diddy, but that's obviously just my opinion because a lot of people disagree.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I was thinkin' along the lines of actually trying and using outstanding characters, no offense. I kno :kirby2: is great and all but it takes some sort of superhuman to come top 8 in a national w/, unless all the top ppl ran out of gas on their way to the site.:samus2:
Nonono, you got me all wrong, I meant in regards to Snake. I also use Snake (albeit not a lot), and I know people who keep practicing and playing and theorizing and who knows what else to try and surpass the top Snake players... Saying they should "actually try" is a little insulting, since no one really plays competitively with the 'I'll do my best and hope for the best' mindset. : /

i know this i slightly off topic but i feel it should be said. If Ally only plays MK MK might win all the major tourneys and if this happens will the MK being banned conversation start up again. Could Ally get MK banned i think is a more impotent question then is snake #2 b/c right now assuming the next tier list is not far away snake will clearly be #2 when it comes out.
Well from what I gathered up from the last "Ban MK!" discussion, MK shouldn't be banned because lots of people use him and win tourneys, but because he is truly broken and is too hard to beat even by the top level players of the other best characters in the game. MK might be tough, but he's not as 'impossible' as banning requires him to be.

Not until the 5th tier list will snake maybe move down and thats pretty far away.
If Snake will eventually drop, why shouldn't he drop next tier list and get it over with? It's not like characters level up each time a tier list is released and their attributes increase, so Snake will always be the same character.

If the same character stays the same with the same moves and same techniques and same whatever, then shouldn't he make way for someone who's already speculated to be better or have more options or still has some developing to do?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Peach vs diddy lmao, noone has even played vs a peach in the diddy boards ( nice metagame there ).
I know this was like 3 pages back, but...

If you weren't an idiot and paid attention to your precious Diddy boards, you MIGHT know that LeThein (a now retired one of the best Diddys) and KOS-MOS (one of the best Peaches) played regularly and it was determined that Peach does have the advantage. I play both Diddy and Peach, I know how that matchup works, I have never lost to a Diddy in tournament. Please don't make yourself look ****ing ******** by saying such ignorant things as "no one has even played vs a peach in the diddy boards." You might also know that Gnes has come ONTO THE PEACH BOARDS and said that peach v diddy is 60:40, peach's favor.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
seagull get out you think snake is the best character in the game..
I think diddy is tied with snake..
i have not play one of the best falcos so i would not know

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Well from what I gathered up from the last "Ban MK!" discussion, MK shouldn't be banned because lots of people use him and win tourneys, but because he is truly broken and is too hard to beat even by the top level players of the other best characters in the game. MK might be tough, but he's not as 'impossible' as banning requires him to be.

If Snake will eventually drop, why shouldn't he drop next tier list and get it over with? It's not like characters level up each time a tier list is released and their attributes increase, so Snake will always be the same character.

If the same character stays the same with the same moves and same techniques and same whatever, then shouldn't he make way for someone who's already speculated to be better or have more options or still has some developing to do?
I am pretty sure if MK wins every major tourney added with the idea he makes many characters unplayable plus the fact that allys new MK beat one of the top ic's already might be enough to ban him. i mean if all major tourneys are won by one character it shows no other character can compete.

Now about the tier list thing: if snake is not 2nd best we don't have enough info to prove it if the next tier list comes out soon that why snake should not move down yet. your idea that if its going to happen why not just do it now makes no sense b/c we don't if it will happen and until there is reason to move him down which atm there is not then he will stay 2nd even if for the 5th tier list there is enough to move him down

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
I know this was like 3 pages back, but...

If you weren't an idiot and paid attention to your precious Diddy boards, you MIGHT know that LeThein (a now retired one of the best Diddys) and KOS-MOS (one of the best Peaches) played regularly and it was determined that Peach does have the advantage. I play both Diddy and Peach, I know how that matchup works, I have never lost to a Diddy in tournament. Please don't make yourself look ****ing ******** by saying such ignorant things as "no one has even played vs a peach in the diddy boards." You might also know that Gnes has come ONTO THE PEACH BOARDS and said that peach v diddy is 60:40, peach's favor.
Not to mention the Peach boards in general say it's a slight advantage for Peach.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
LMAO It's soo funny that when a pro loses some tournament it's not his fault but it's the character that "sucks".

Winterfest to anyone?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
"I'm wondering right now if you know about Diddy and Peach, Diddy and Luigi and Diddy and Rob? "
LMAO, no offense Mblaze but just so you all know, despite being a smash lord and having a green name Mblaze is one of the medicore diddys who obv doesnt know **** about diddy either.
Luigi vs Diddy is EVEN or 55-45, just because u can 1. camp him, fair trades with everything and does more dmg! 2. Weak throw, he doesnt slide as long. etc etc.
Peach vs diddy lmao, noone has even played vs a peach in the diddy boards ( nice metagame there ).

The rest i kind of agree with, but not how u describe the matchups ( 1 grab is 1 stock, on ALL characters ).

Theres prob ~10 diddys in the world who really realize diddys true potential ( LIKE HAVING SO MANY OPTIONS AT ALL TIMES ) which means his metagame can develop much more than others ( No, not single nanner lock or instant ground tossing based metagame ).
And there is prob only ~4 who can even begin to utilize these options.
Yes because I'm 5 points off on a matchup and not many know about Peach vs Diddy and I obv do not know ****. Yes you know more about my main than me. you win.

and my smashboard status has a LOT to do with it too, so intelligent. and I'm OBVIOUSLY mediocre.

And I never said 1 stock = 1 grab, I said how could Wolf counter with that kind of disadvantage alone. Maybe you should interpret **** better before blind attacks.

And when I mentioned matchups against diddy, I was addressing his counterpicking.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I am pretty sure if MK wins every major tourney added with the idea he makes many characters unplayable plus the fact that allys new MK beat one of the top ic's already might be enough to ban him. i mean if all major tourneys are won by one character it shows no other character can compete.
Uhh... It shouldn't matter if all the MKs win tourneys. If all the players in the world would suddenly main MK and take all of the top spots, would that mean that he's broken and he's destroying the metagame? No, because everyone has a choice of using him or using someone else, but instead they want to use him. It's all a matter of the top players' personal preference... And you should know by now that in order to win tourneys, you want to use the character that can get you closer to #1 spot. If MK suddenly starts winning all of the top tourneys, it should be obvious that it's because the best of the top players started using MK, don't you think? And I remember M2K (best MK mainer and arguably best in the world at Smash overall) losing to Ally, ADHD (?), Reflex (?), NinjaLink, lain, and Fiction (and whoever else I haven't mentioned, I forgot)... Sure seems broken, eh?

Now about the tier list thing: if snake is not 2nd best we don't have enough info to prove it if the next tier list comes out soon that why snake should not move down yet. your idea that if its going to happen why not just do it now makes no sense b/c we don't if it will happen and until there is reason to move him down which atm there is not then he will stay 2nd even if for the 5th tier list there is enough to move him down
Well, if it's painfully obvious to you and other characters that he will lower in tier list 5 and we're about to release tier list 4, why not drop him now and get on over with it? If a position is obvious, then we should give them that position and not stall dropping characters at all... Yet I see Snake remaining #2, as do a number of other people.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I do not think that snake is 2nd best in the game as well.

Like DMG said, hes a stronger contender but I don't think he is.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Uhh... It shouldn't matter if all the MKs win tourneys. If all the players in the world would suddenly main MK and take all of the top spots, would that mean that he's broken and he's destroying the metagame? No, because everyone has a choice of using him or using someone else, but instead they want to use him. It's all a matter of the top players' personal preference... And you should know by now that in order to win tourneys, you want to use the character that can get you closer to #1 spot. If MK suddenly starts winning all of the top tourneys, it should be obvious that it's because the best of the top players started using MK, don't you think? And I remember M2K (best MK mainer and arguably best in the world at Smash overall) losing to Ally, ADHD (?), Reflex (?), NinjaLink, lain, and Fiction (and whoever else I haven't mentioned, I forgot)... Sure seems broken, eh?

Well, if it's painfully obvious to you and other characters that he will lower in tier list 5 and we're about to release tier list 4, why not drop him now and get on over with it? If a position is obvious, then we should give them that position and not stall dropping characters at all... Yet I see Snake remaining #2, as do a number of other people.
1st off i am not saying he will be lower in the 5th tier list what i am saying is that not until the 5th tier list is there a good enough argument for him to be lowered.

2: if only MK wins tourneys then he is ban worthy. u mentioned all those people who have beaten M2K now ally plays MK so if name is a moot point and the point of what i am saying is now the 2 best in the world are playing MK those people who have beaten M2K before and won tourneys might not be winning anymore and if that happens and only MK wins then he is ban worthy. Also how long ago were most of those wins u mentioned most were so long ago they no longer matter. if 1 character is winning everything and is proving to be the only viable character for winning the big tourneys then yes he is ban worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom