• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

all info on falcons Bair lock>forced standup

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of the debate, Falcon boards get 100% into it when it comes to our main. It shows pride in the character i think. Some may question our methods, but things always seem work themselves out somehow. We argue like a roomful of white-wigged politicians, bickering until we chisel out a mutual agreement. Mudslinging occurs, friendships are rattled, ideas and theories are disregarded and scrutinized, but within all that, we are all better for it. This is the spirit that sets us apart from other character boards.

God save the Falcon boards, I love you all. Heres to a good argument, and forging ahead with our under-appreciated main.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So the lock -> FP is "Z1gma combo"?
And the lock -> stomp -> Fair is "TKONTK combo"?

lol, I love it ^^P

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
So the lock -> FP is "Z1gma combo"?
And the lock -> stomp -> Fair is "TKONTK combo"?

lol, I love it ^^P
Uair lock>FP = Z1gma combo
Non sweet spot Bair lock>FP Kill combo = rising eagle combo
Sweet spot Bair lock>FP = pheonix combo
Non sweet spot Bair lock>stomp>sweet knee = Toknee combo
Sweet spot Bair lock>sweet Knee = sweet sweet combo

Z1gma, You still have to give the Uair lock>sweet knee combo a name ^_^

Player-3

Smash Hero
Regardless of the debate, Falcon boards get 100% into it when it comes to our main. It shows pride in the character i think. Some may question our methods, but things always seem work themselves out somehow. We argue like a roomful of white-wigged politicians, bickering until we chisel out a mutual agreement. Mudslinging occurs, friendships are rattled, ideas and theories are disregarded and scrutinized, but within all that, we are all better for it. This is the spirit that sets us apart from other character boards.

God save the Falcon boards, I love you all. Heres to a good argument, and forging ahead with our under-appreciated main.
Cheers

I'd be mad if I was F5Hazardousdoc. He really should be getting a lot of the credit from this
Z1gman discovered it, Hazard made the thread

they both should be getting credit

Player-3

Smash Hero
was correcting Mit who said hazard should be mad that you stoled his thundar..

just a correction Knee, i know they are

P.s: bby come back, you can blame it all on me

Zeallyx

was correcting Mit who said hazard should be mad that you stoled his thundar..

just a correction Knee, i know they are

P.s: bby come back, you can blame it all on me
I see. Its cool:)

And I dont know if I am coming back (although it may seem I am already back), I think when dies thread dies, I will be gone, too.:)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'll try different set ups in real matches the next time I play..
If we can get this to actually work effectively agaist decent/good players, it'll be too cool.

Everyone really should play around with it! : )

Zeallyx

I'll try different set ups in real matches the next time I play..
If we can get this to actually work effectively agaist decent/good players, it'll be too cool.

Everyone really should play around with it! : )
Yes, I agree. ^_^

also, making the opponent land on platforms immediatly after a Fthrow/Dash attack is a great way for them to most likely miss a tech, wich sets up nicely for a Bair/Uair lock to knee. ^_^

and@skip:
Ehm..well I dunno man, if you wanna post it, I'm not stopping you :p

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I'm out for a day and I miss all the discoveries! Nice find. This certainly needs to be documented.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm out for a day and I miss all the discoveries! Nice find. This certainly needs to be documented.
Oh, bah.

Now we have to stop.

-----------------------

someone look into N-air (2nd hit)/B-air/weak knee silliness under 50%?

That is, their value for setups.

Mit

Smash Ace
Z1gman* and F5Hazardousdoc, my bad. And again, nothing against TKONTK, not saying he stole anyone's thunder, it was more the entire board's activity as a whole. The uair thread was filled with tons of negativity, then when it's found out it was all for nothing because the tactic was very real, there's nothing but praise in someone else's thread. Although I guess it's more of an eye roll kind of thing. But hey, if people's attitudes about it can be cool like Hiza's, that's fine.

Zeallyx

Update3:
Here is a video showing (some of) the combinations of falcons moves that lock (Uair, Bair and Ftilt) one can use after one another and still keep the opponent locked + force a standup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0laca7JtZY

I named the different lock combinations after us (Z1gma, me and face), may one of you (Z1gma and/or face) not like a name, please tell me, so it can be changed to your liking.

The names are (+ said lock)

Bair lock>Ftilt lock>Ftilt lock = faceknee lock (lol, this name is too good imo)
Uair lock>Ftilt lock>Ftilt lock = Z1gface lock
Bair lock>(rising) Uair lock = Z1gknee lock
Bair lock>(rising) Uair lock>(angled down) Ftilt lock = All out lock.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Not sure if you guys discussed setups, but here's one for a CP/Ban stage =/.

Luigi's Mansion, just Uthrow and follow up with one of them, I've seen Mario users do it plenty, and it's not that hard (compared to how it is normally), not sure if Falcon's Uthrow puts them in a good position, but I assume so since it just throws them straight up so they should land somewhere near you.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Not sure if you guys discussed setups, but here's one for a CP/Ban stage =/.

Luigi's Mansion, just Uthrow and follow up with one of them, I've seen Mario users do it plenty, and it's not that hard (compared to how it is normally), not sure if Falcon's Uthrow puts them in a good position, but I assume so since it just throws them straight up so they should land somewhere near you.
nope we haven't discussed any setups. i think we should focus more on setups rather than options. although ayaz has tried to bring up the idea about setups, but no one listens. *runs to wii and test possible setups*

Tenki

Smash Hero
someone look into N-air (2nd hit)/B-air/weak knee silliness under 50%?

That is, their value for setups.
Also, dash attack might also be able to knock people down at low %'s. Of course, assuming you use it as a punishment move.

Zeallyx

nope we haven't discussed any setups. i think we should focus more on setups rather than options.yes??? *runs to wii and test possible setups*
I already posted (twice) that I am working on list containing percentages on wich characters land on a platform above falcon (if any) immediatly after an Fthrow/Dash attack, wich will make it more likely for the opponent to miss the tech.

But please, do test possible setups, but it we did discuss possible setups. (at least..I brought it up..).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hey Knee, you mind filming my chain of attacks I posted before. Even if it can't even happen in a real match, we can at least see it in film. XD And get an idea of how much damage it would do.

And the Luigi Mansion thing sounds amazingly good. New Falcon CP pick? Norfair would still be a good CP for Falcon, as it has lots of platforms close enough together to do this with, and you could possibly abuse the lava for setting this stuff up.

Tenki

Smash Hero
How well does this stuff work on... well,

...non...Bowser characters?

wangston

Smash Lord
So I watched the vid and I couldn't really tell but are I'm assuming the cpu is missing the tech, not that the bair is sucking them in and knocking them to the ground and setting up the lock.

Zeallyx

So I watched the vid and I couldn't really tell but are I'm assuming the cpu is missing the tech, not that the bair is sucking them in and knocking them to the ground and setting up the lock.
Its not a cpu in the vid:)
and the Bair causes the lock, but does not set up the lock (the opponent must miss a tech for the Bair to be able to lock, as one has to Bair the opponent in their 'bouncing' animation, wich occurs after they miss a tech).

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I've made a pretty cool Falcon discovery recently. It's quite simple but no one ever thought of it. It's pretty awesome too. I'll post within the next month hopefully after I get more testing in.

@ TKONTK: Good stuff on the vids.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
maybe a dair with enough percent to knock them up but just enough so they are stunned to hit the floor so that they might miss tech? idk if that's even possible :( I realllly like that you can combo into falcon punch naow x]

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
maybe a dair with enough percent to knock them up but just enough so they are stunned to hit the floor so that they might miss tech? idk if that's even possible :( I realllly like that you can combo into falcon punch naow x]
dair doesn't work. i've tested it along with other things

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Very nice vid's TKONTK O_,O

I don't care much about all the different names for the combos..
But yeah, the [Uair forced get up -> FP] is defenitly the "Z1gma combo" : )

You really should make a vid on FLUB KNEE LOCK too..
It work longer than Bair/Uair.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Very nice vid's TKONTK O_,O

I don't care much about all the different names for the combos..
But yeah, the [Uair forced get up -> FP] is defenitly the "Z1gma combo" : )

You really should make a vid on FLUB KNEE LOCK too..
It work longer than Bair/Uair.
so many locks...

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
wouldn't flub knee have too much landing lag so it would be useless against shorter characters?

Top Bottom