• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm now applied to the University here. I should get ACcepted and then get to start in January since the whole job thing wasn't happening.

\C:/

Vitality

Smash Ace
Our school got HIT by SWINE FLU. 10% of our school is currently ill with SWINE FLU.

Was trying to do that media propaganda thing where words are accented so you see them and like "oh ****!"

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
A friend of Mike's and I got infected with swine flu and he was supposed to stay home for the week. He was like "**** that noise" and kept going to school and eventually the symptoms disappeared.

lol Luke. Yeahwutwut.

Frio

Smash Champion
I got the vaccine. So I'm safe. Or I'll become a zombie under the governments control.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Lol, it's kind of ironic since I hate people that suck at basic grammar. Oh well.

I think I had swine flu earlier this year so I should at least be more immune to it. I'm generally immune to colds and stuff (sick once a year or so), so I should be safe. =)

I find it amusing that entire buildings downtown are closed due to swine flu.

Vitality

Smash Ace
You only get isolated if you actually were tested to have H1N1. That would be like being so sick you have to go to the hospital except some think they don't have to.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
FYI the H1N1 flu shot has some seriously poisonous stuff in it. Hard to weigh out the pros and cons :\.
I see you watch fox news

The only legitimate problem with the vaccine is that since it's a WHO pandemic, the manufacturer isn't as liable. So basically if people get messed up from the vaccine the manufacturer says "sorry it was a pandemic I did the best I could in x hours". Which sucks. Other than there is no reason not to be vaccinated.

I am yet to receive mine, I want to wait until after midterms before I feel like **** from the vaccine.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I see you watch fox news

The only legitimate problem with the vaccine is that since it's a WHO pandemic, the manufacturer isn't as liable. So basically if people get messed up from the vaccine the manufacturer says "sorry it was a pandemic I did the best I could in x hours". Which sucks. Other than there is no reason not to be vaccinated.

I am yet to receive mine, I want to wait until after midterms before I feel like **** from the vaccine.
Not fox news, my family just has done a lot of research on this thing.

Vitality

Smash Ace
I hear you wakeup with an extra eye in the morning. Not only you get an extra eye but now you're vaccinated for H1N1

But yea for sure no H1N1 vaccine for me. Rather just grab my stash of tamiflu (which barely works), and sit in bed for a couple days.

But seriously I think its a conspiracy. Its definitely the jewish bankers that made this flu to screw over the market 50x more. Plus they hate pork and mexicans.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
well either way, everyone's gonna die somehow, whether from disease or kidney failure or a virus or whatever... so you might as well pull out as many of the little pricks as possible and take vaccines for these kinda things.

www.break.com/index/200-people-freeze-in-grand-central.html

well either way, everyone's gonna die somehow, whether from disease or kidney failure or a virus or whatever... so you might as well not give a ****, because controlling one or two factors, out of a million, is pointless.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
so each vaccination place I've went to has either rejected me or has had 6+ hours of waiting time, it would be really great if I could get first in line or something seeing as I have a chronic health condition =/

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Swine flu shots increase a person's risk of developing Guillan-Barre Syndrome (GBS) by 800 %. GBS is basically something that causes paralysis and/or death depending on the person.

That being said, the chances of dying from the vaccine are much, much lower than the chances of dying from the actual flu itself (which is still quite low). Just make sure to get lots of sleep (probably the most important thing), drink lots of fluids (orange juice is a good one), eat yogurt, take your daily vitamin pills, and you should be fine.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
lol, the thing with the chronic health condition is that, the people that have it are allowed to bring in their families too, since they are around them... so basically that loophole makes it so only a select ~15% of the population can't get it. My girlfriend was going to use that excuse too and she was up at 4:40am yesterday morning waiting in line to get the vaccination and they wouldn't let her in. lol

edit: victor is cool again

Stevo

Smash Champion
come up in north alberta???

lol

I waited 15 minutes in Athabasca no joke

but there is like 5 people that live here, so how long could the line really be

it would probably only be an hour and 20 minutes from fort sask Dan, in case you actually would consider doing it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So, i'm sitting in engg100 right now, and I met a person beside me who wants to get into smash. Carl, you might remember him, it's Sam Niu.

He saw me browsing smashboards and he told me how in lister, he lives on a floor with a bunch of smashers. Guess which game they play? Melee (getatmeluke). They were all thinking of going to a local tourney for fun, and I think I'll see if I can get them to come to the next monthly since my friend is pretty interested.

<3333

hyperexcitededit: I was talking to him after class, and he told me that his friend and him know about the tier list for melee, and they've watched the isai vs ken sets and stuff. It's exciting. Sam plays Pikachu and he was talking about how he watched the Axe combo video and he wanted to get as good as that.

XDDD Im so excited!

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
Hey, that's not nice xD

Kidding, lol... but it's interesting to post up here, especailly after an interesting introduction...

Nice to meet you all, and I'm sure we'll become better acquainted, although this rushed one may have to do for now (this chem class is so boring >.<).

-Sam

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
FYI the H1N1 flu shot has some seriously poisonous stuff in it. Hard to weigh out the pros and cons :\.
THE SWINE FLU SHOT IS ACTUALLY LIQUID NITROGEN, GET AT ME ******

you don't need a vaccine

just use rock smash
Seconded.

so each vaccination place I've went to has either rejected me or has had 6+ hours of waiting time, it would be really great if I could get first in line or something seeing as I have a chronic health condition =/
NO DIABETES

You can't egt the needle cause it has too high sugar content.

Sam plays Pikachu and he was talking about how he watched the Axe combo video and he wanted to get as good as that.

XDDD Im so excited!
So he's no good.

Hey, that's not nice xD

Kidding, lol... but it's interesting to post up here, especailly after an interesting introduction...

-Sam
Oh god, Pikachu, theres already enough. Ah well, I say if you can get as good as Sid, you've done me proud (take in mind, thats impossible)

Welcome

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hey, that's not nice xD

Nice to meet you all, and I'm sure we'll become better acquainted, although this rushed one may have to do for now (this chem class is so boring >.<).

-Sam
How many people do you know wanna start playing smash?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Hey, that's not nice xD

-Sam
Welcome to smashboards (and the community). =)

Since Victor has already told you about the upcoming Melee Monthlies, I'll just link you to the thread and the thread should do the talking for itself. Be sure to register there and post that you'll be coming; the host of the monthlies wants everybody to do that or else they won't be able to come.

http://www.forums-edmontongamers.com/apocalypse-melee-monthlies-t488.html

VICTOR ADD THIS IN THE ALBERTA OP

aish

Smash Journeyman
If you play melee you get a welcome if you play brawl you get a GTFO OTL atleast i got that, so meansies ;-;

Wonder how long it took to find clips for that vid xD

T-block

B2B TST
^brawl only gets hated on in the alberta thread, and who cares about that anyways

we both know brawl rules alberta atm ;)

that said, welcome new people.

Top Bottom