• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Hey guys, why are they called Tourneys? the term doesnt apply at all, I never understood what was wrong with Tournaments. It's the proper usage.

black people don't win tourneys

except shiz
Shiz doesnt win tournaments.

abdi are you coming in the party van? I've got 6.63 litres of alcoholic beverages just waiting to be drank
Should probably talk to Alex first lol.

any grape?

or melee?
Connor from red deer said he had grape at his house.

Adrenaline doesn't circulate through your brain, it travels through your blood, hence why it's a hormone.
Durp, traveling through blood =/= hormone, but I really don't give a ****. So stop caring, nobody thinks you're smart or cool because of this. =]

They're just annoyed you're making a big deal about adrenaline.

Get hyped over adat2.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
so when will doubles start and when will singles start on friday?

im still contemplating if i should go or not.

my arrival time would be around 4pm.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well actually that scheduel is dated. We can't get into the venue till 1. So like doubles will probably start at 1:30 - 2 and singles will probably start around 6.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
so who's going to the blazblue tournament at animethon lol

just played it yesterday so fun
Isn't it? I wish I could go to AT just for things like that, but theres no way in hell I could go.

Well actually that scheduel is dated. We can't get into the venue till 1. So like doubles will probably start at 1:30 - 2 and singles will probably start around 6.
loooooooooooooool, good hosting ***.

Tyson, this is good, because I MUST DEFEAT you in battle.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya Gonna **** ya

Tyson651

Smash Lord
**** thats gay.

i really wanna do doubles tourney :(

well, if people will do lots of double friendlies with me then i will go :)

edit4bread: lol keep in mind im very rusty now since i havent really played melee for 1-2 months now (forgot when i temperarily quitted)

but ill still play u harhar

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Tyson, my favourite thig is doubles. I'll gladly do friendlies. (it's also cool cause I can viably play pretty much any character in teams and still do well)

Someone should Doubles MM ssomeone lol.

lol Tyson, don't worry I suck anyways.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol u can doubles mm an another team and ill be ur teammate. except i wont bet anything and i wont win anything either.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Me and Mark will do some Doubles Friendlies with ya guys.

In other non-Smash/homo news, whoever also has a PSP better be getting Dissidia Final Fantasy when it comes out.

I want people to compete against when it comes out. If you're looking for a high/top tier character to use, Jecht and ExDeath are the best. Jecht is a super aggressive character, while ExDeath is the exact opposite, to which his defenses are top notch and he focuses on proper timing and countering attacks that come his way. I think the move is called "All Guard" or so, and if you time it right I think it negates out all other attacks without fail (might be one or so moves that succeed, probably one of Jecht's guard breaks), and immediately follows up with a counter attack for damage.

I'll be using Cloud. He plays pretty nicely for me in the import I played for a little bit.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Casting my Final Fantasy bias aside, I wouldn't call the system horrible, but rather unorthodox. It reminds me of Smash Bros., not in style, but in how it's much different from your conventional fighting game. Instead of health, there's % and further knockback/other methods to kill in Smash. In Dissidia, there's HP but you have to keep track of your Brave Gauge for just how much damage you CAN do to your opponent. You can dodge attacks, you can land attacks, and in some cases there's even some nice combos that characters can string together that aren't infinites. Taking Golbez for example.

Also, competitively, I think people remove the custom equipment and the like, and there would/will likely be stage bans for characters that have infinites based on the enviroment. Such as Kefka's Tower (Final Fantasy VI) & Pandemonium (Final Fantasy II) for having a roof that characters like Golbez and the Cloud of Darkness can infinite them against the roof with; Terra's Tornado attack is escapable in those places, but that's also incredibly tough to evade when spammed. You can't afford to stay away from your opponent for long either (Judge Gabranth is the shining example of this, who becomes one of the game's best characters once he's entered EX-Mode, something that Gabranth can punish campers for staying away for), so you'll be in there fighting a lot. There's the camping characters, the aggressive characters, the diversity isn't so bad for 22 characters, but who knows what else will be presented in the North American version as well? There's changes as well.

If done right, I think Dissidia could take off as a nice handheld competitive game leaving the Street Fighter/Smash/BlazBlu/whatever other games on consoles.

PS; Brawl "sucks" too, and yet that game flourishes with the best of the competitive scene.

Holy Mist

Smash Cadet
Casting my Final Fantasy bias aside, I wouldn't call the system horrible, but rather unorthodox. It reminds me of Smash Bros., not in style, but in how it's much different from your conventional fighting game. Instead of health, there's % and further knockback/other methods to kill in Smash. In Dissidia, there's HP but you have to keep track of your Brave Gauge for just how much damage you CAN do to your opponent. You can dodge attacks, you can land attacks, and in some cases there's even some nice combos that characters can string together that aren't infinites. Taking Golbez for example.
*Exit lurk mode*
*Enter Troll mode*

That game sucks, Cloud sucks in the game, and everything about that ****ty game is ****ty.

*Exit Troll mode*
*Enter lurk mode*

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Longpoost *snooz*

PS; Brawl "sucks" too, and yet that game flourishes with the best of the competitive scene.
I just think the system for Dissidia is a little dissapointing for what it could have been, it get annoying.

Although, I can see why a lot of people think it is a great game, it has it's ends.

But alas, I very disagree, I think it would be silly competitive, moreso than I think brawl is a joke competitive.

whoa a wild shawn appears
Wait wait wait wait.

edit: T-brawk: Honest review: Someone must favour squirtle =]

Wouldve been better if the video had pokemon songs.

and if more than all the combos were done on really gimpable characters.

Then again, I've only watched two minutes, but you should be happy considering I usually wouldnt watch it at all.

dobleedit: Yeah, probably should've kept watching before commenting.

triple edit: Squirtle is a ***** ******.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well, that's what the first game is for, after all. Smash 64 was a good game but they improved/enhanced that further. I've played Dissidia, think it's a good game, and seeing as they believe there will be sequels since it's likely to sell well, Dissidia II or so should improve on the past potential flaws as well. I can respect your opinion though. It's cool.

Eat a ****, Mist. ♥

Holy Mist

Smash Cadet
wild Snake uses Double Team
Attack is ineffective.

Wild Kill uses Triple Team.
CRITICAL HIT... Attack is super effective

Wild Shawn uses Self Destruct.

Holy Mist

Smash Cadet

We have all forgotten what was important in life, each time we look to the night skies demise
we are shown the bright sign of life of suns return. It is only then that we must remember.
we must kill the Cloud.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
What the **** has happened to my thread.

and by my thread, I mean the ****ty thread I post in, it's gotten ****tier.

Holy Mist

Smash Cadet
Your welcome. might i add a suggestion. Remove any/all cloud fanboys from this forum. This is a forum of smashy goodness. not of Emo Fanboyism

Top Bottom