• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Don't know but it's supposed to be pretty good.

Sheik? IMPROVE? Ftilt -> anything. Oh wait, this is brawl.

Isn't it just Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt ?
sheik is hella gayer in melee >_>

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Also DKC2 was the best Single player game ever. Victor is wrong, 2 improves on 1 in every single way.
FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also, Brandon, keep Spin-Dash. It suits imo, and it's easier to refer to you by spin-dash rather than Brandon. It was bad enough that you made a new account just to add a hyphen. xD

I never liked the name Brandon. The way you pronounce it is so... :/ Would it be suitable if we called you by Bob? A friend of mine's name is Brandon and everyone including the teachers simply refer to him as Bob.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
There are definitely easier characters to play than MK.
But are they better than when you just pick up MK? (the answer is no)

Fusion was good, but no way was it Super Metroid good.

It was too 'on rails'. There were a few places you could sequence break, yeah, but the computer told you where to go all the time which ruined the exploration.

Plus the SA-X battle was anti-climatic. It's like, just there, happening.

Not to mention the final battle. *spams Ice beam and missile*

Super Metroid was just win.

Also DKC2 was the best Single player game ever. Victor is wrong, 2 improves on 1 in every single way.
Fusion reminded me of Megaman ZX too much, a fantastic game, but ruined by the main "quest" system.

sheik is hella gayer in melee >_>
Only because in brawl you can't do anything after you F-tilt, even at 999% you do anything and they only get kocked a little ways.

Also, Brandon, keep Spin-Dash. It suits imo, and it's easier to refer to you by spin-dash rather than Brandon. It was bad enough that you made a new account just to add a hymen. xD

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Why do anything after you F-tilt when you can just follow up with more F-tilts.

also, god brad.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Sheik's ftilt is definitely better in Brawl, you can literally do ftilt to anything.

On the topic of Metroid...I haven't played Metroid Prime 3 yet, but I remember Metroid Prime 1 & 2 being absolutely amazing. Granted, I also haven't played Super Metroid (kill me), so I couldn't judge which games are best in the series. But all I know is that the first two Metroid Prime games are just really atmospheric and deep.

Stevo

Smash Champion
sheik is ******** in brawl.

Take away her chain grab, which took minimal skill, and give her ******** f-tilt, which takes no skill. Also take away her needles, which were really cool in melee. The only redeeming factor is that her forward b is a grapple, which is cool i guess.

Anyone thinking of going to Genesis?

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Oddly enough, I haven't played Metroid Prime 3 either, played the first two, haven't gotten around to playing the third installment.

And Super Metroid was pretty good(But then again, I haven't exactly beaten it either, I should really re-play it again, I'm probably missing something awesome), I guess I didn't get entranced in it as much because I played it much, much later than Metroid Prime, but both of my friends(Shawn and Devin) are huge Metroid fan's, right down to the core, and they loved Metroid Fusion as much as I did.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I think metroind prime 3 is a little dull compared to the first two. The controls didn't really work for me, and the environments felt less alive. The enemies were unoriginal and more sparse. It kinda suffered from the same big, empty world feel as twilight princess.

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's because it's a Wii game. Nothing on Wii seems dynamic and fun to me, for some reason...and I'm not hating on the Wii or anything, I'm just being honest.
I couldn't agree more. Whatever the reason may be, it seems that Wii games are trying to be shiny and flashy, show off their wireless ability, and in the process forget that a game needs to be exciting for the users. Even Mario Galaxy felt... oddly simple.

Never played Metroid Prime 3, but Twilight Princess(I have GC version) was full of wide open areas with nothing there.
Wonder what nintendo's goals are(aside from ****** our wallets) for their console and game future.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
gdit, does everyone outside of Edmonton call me Spin-Dash over Brandon? WTF. LMAO It's like...hometown calls me Brandon and the rest go for the alias. :p

I'd rather call meself whatever, and then just tell people, "Call me Brandon."

Sorry that my name sucks, Vic. Not everyone can be named...Jebus...or something. LMFAO ♥

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
gdit, does everyone outside of Edmonton call me Spin-Dash over Brandon? WTF. LMAO It's like...hometown calls me Brandon and the rest go for the alias. :p

Sorry that my name sucks, Vic. Not everyone can be named...Jebus...or something. LMFAO ♥
i refer to you as the pro sonic guy O.o
if thats alright with you

Stevo

Smash Champion
My mains in brawl are Whorenado, bananaloltoss, loltilt, LMAOdsmash, and lolwhosaidChaingrabsdonexits? No wait, sorry, those are the moves I use in brawl.

but seriously, nobody else is going to Genesis?

EDIT: I forgot MoFugin CHAINCHOKE

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
I thought Victor said he might. I would go but I probably wouldn't make it out of pools, which makes me ask. When we had pools in Cast4, wasn't taht just to put you in a bracket with players in your skill level? But there are tournies that you don't even go past pools? Why's that?

Anyone want to host melee tomorrow? lol

FalseFalco

Smash Master
man i had to look up what orz means

am i getting old?

edit:in larger tournaments, having a bracket with 200 people is too impractical to run. So you take the top 32, 64 or 128 people from pools and give them a seed. The others don't make the bracket.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
man i had to look up what orz means

am i getting old?

edit:in larger tournaments, having a bracket with 200 people is too impractical to run. So you take the top 32, 64 or 128 people from pools and give them a seed. The others don't make the bracket.
time to retire Carl, getting to old for this kind of business :p

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Nintendo just seems to be making all of their games much easier so that the "casual gamers" they're trying to appeal to don't get frustrated because they can't beat something. =/ All of the main franchises have really easy games now, from Legend of Zelda to Paper Mario to Metroid and everything in between. Just try going directly from Metroid Prime to Metroid Prime 3 like I did, and note the difficulty. Once you become accustomed to the controls, the game becomes excessively easy. You take virtually no damage, even from the bosses. o.0

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I personally preferred TTYD, but the first two were both great games. I don't like what they did with SPM, mainly because of the removal of the battle system and again, the dramatically decreased difficulty. Aside from that, yeah, it was still fun; just not as much as it could've been.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
The funny thing about games being easier is that if a game is in any way difficult there are complaints by reviewers, a good example of that is Megaman ZX Advent in which one of the complaints I have heard from reviewers is that it is way too hard, meanwhile I was playing it and wondering why it was so easy.

From what I have noticed, reviewers complain whenever a game is difficult and is not advertised as such (like with Megaman ZX Advent) there are complaints even though the game is not that difficult, but if a game is advertised as being difficult (like Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Megaman 9, etc) they praise it for it.

P.S. I never cared for the first Paper Mario, but I loved TTYD.

P.P.S Yay! I beat Metroid Zero Mission, and was able to sequence break Varia suit thanks to infinite bomb jumping! Next up is Metroid Redisign (a hack of Super Metroid that is ridiculously hard).

T-block

B2B TST
TTYD was win. I felt the same way about SPM and dropped it after the first chapter, but I just got back into it, and I'm really enjoying it. You just gotta treat it as a different game. And yeah, Nintendo is definitely going the casual gamer route. It sucks, but it's making them money, so I don't think we can expect much =\

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo just seems to be making all of their games much easier so that the "casual gamers" they're trying to appeal to don't get frustrated because they can't beat something. =/ All of the main franchises have really easy games now, from Legend of Zelda to Paper Mario to Metroid and everything in between. Just try going directly from Metroid Prime to Metroid Prime 3 like I did, and note the difficulty. Once you become accustomed to the controls, the game becomes excessively easy. You take virtually no damage, even from the bosses. o.0
thats exactly what it is

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I personally think it is because there are a suprising number of complaints when a game is slightly difficult and as a result they make the games easier (especially since this generation introduced the most new gamers) , but eventually they will start to make games more difficult when the newer crowd is more acustomed to games (I actually remember Miyamoto saying something like this not too long ago in a interview).

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Cloud is even lamer IMO, especially the weeaboo version.

You Weeaboo.

Yeah everyone in calgary call's you spin-dash AND THEN Brandon, cause they don't remember your name till after they say spin-dash. (that shouldnt be insulting)

That and you're no carl, like Carl is Carl, he's not even really falsefalco.

Oh, and did I mention, he's done a lot more traveling and established himself with more out of city areas? so they all actually know him, you never leave edmonton except for hawaii.

but seriously, nobody else is going to Genesis?
Lol I want to.

I thought Victor said he might. I would go but I probably wouldn't make it out of pools, which makes me ask. (blahblahblah) lol
I could make it out of pools =P

Sheik's ftilt is definitely better in Brawl, you can literally do ftilt to anything.
Congratulations, you just f-tilted into sheiks strnogest kill move, and they still went about as far as hitting them with that ftilt sent them. Which leads me to this.

Why do anything after you F-tilt when you can just follow up with more F-tilts.

also, god brad.
Yeah more F-tilts, but still nothing gets done.

See the point yet?

Actually in brawl after sheik's ftilt you can do a lot... Like a lot.
Apparently any of her moves, but do any of those things do ANYTHING, aside from a little percent which could be easily done with more ftilts?

(the answer is no)

Yay people watched the video :D
Yeah, it got boring after the first kill though.

Because gimpy doesn't know how to play, but it silly with pressure. (Sheiks only real kill in that game that is effective aside from pressuring like a ho is upsmash and he rarely used it, and never at a good time)

sheik is ******** in brawl.
Brawl is ******** in Brawl.

Lol victor I discovered why never multiquote anymore, because I always reply with quick reply, even with quotes, loloololololololol I don't think I ever havn't quick replied

FalseFalco

Smash Master
how did brandon end up getting compared to me

pretty sure brandon travelled to BC in january so that's more travelling than you...

wtf why am i arguing with brad

Top Bottom