• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart Wii is the best instalment in the franchise solely because of the AMAZING online.

I routinely race against 8-11 other players in both NA and International regions, have peaked at 8600 with about 600 races played, and never had a single connection problem.

Blue shells, though....GRWAHHHH

also computers are awesome. I bought a brand new custom build for 1400 last summer from macrotronics(next to GMC main campus). About the same as one of the prebuilts from the future shop two blocks down, only EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT is vastly better than what's in the piece of crap that FS calls a computer. Oh, and they also replaced my video card and monitor for free after it was discovered my first ones were lemons.

Mom and pop stores ftw. I can't recommend this store enough if anyone wants to buy a l33t computer without ****** their wallet too hard. Just hold your nose because the clerk has REALLY bad BO.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I think Okami is a pretty amazing game! Same with super paper mario.

Mario galaxy is only bad because nintendo made it extremely easy, which made even the coolest parts boring because you knew you were gonna win anyways... Twilight princess is in the same boat. Metroid prime 3 was a good game but not as good as the first two IMO. I didn't even bother to get MK wii because the DS version ***** it.

oh and for some reason I never got into first person shooters... Is mgs4 a horrible example of one? Cause it was really boring to me.
Okami is a PS2 game ported to the Wii. Super Paper Mario didn't get great ratings. And I thought MGS4 was supposed to be amazing...? I dunno, never played it.

I played GRAW and GRAW 2 extensively and I never had that problem with the D-Pad. You just have to hit it in a direction, not at an angle and expect results.
Maybe my 360 controller pad is ****ed up...? Because whenever I hit the v or ^ button on it, it just confuses it for < or >.

The fact that it's an RTS on a console is enough for me not to play it... EVER.
Um, there are a lot of great RTS games on the 360, the age of "RTS games have bad controls on consoles" days are pretty much over.

lol halo wars.

edit: and im amazed at halo 3 only being 30 fps.
I remember reading somewhere that it was 60 fps, but I play Halo 3 all the time and I can tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps and I can say it's definitely 30 fps. It's because it renders everything in dynamic real-time; shading, lighting, reflections, pretty much everything. Just very intensive processes for the video card to handle. That and the Halo 3 engine isn't really that good, the UE3 engine is waaaaaay better.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Halo 1 > all IMO, best maps and best gameplay overall.

Carl, are you getting the mythic maps?

Edit: Not that I care too much, but why does my postcount say 902 when I have like 1000+...?

Edit 2: ..............wow joel

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The age of consoles having bad controls for an RTS will never go away. It's on a ****ing controller for christ sakes! You will never have the the same amount of control that a keyboard and mouse has. There aren't enough buttons.

EDIT: Halo 1's pistol was ********. I liked Halo 2 the best.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
The age of consoles having bad controls for an RTS will never go away. It's on a ****ing controller for christ sakes! You will never have the the same amount of control that a keyboard and mouse does. There aren't enough buttons.

And you can't map buildings/groups of units to a single button.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
The age of consoles having bad controls for an RTS will never go away. It's on a ****ing controller for christ sakes! You will never have the the same amount of control that a keyboard and mouse has. There aren't enough buttons.

It's not meant to be as hardcore as a PC RTS...it's not StarCraft, it's HALO WARS

And the pistol in Halo 2 is gay. Halo 1's pistol was the ****. The BR is still the best thing ever, though.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Um, there are a lot of great RTS games on the 360, the age of "RTS games have bad controls on consoles" days are pretty much over.
Are you kidding me? The only reason Halo War's is getting love is because it has Halo slapped on it's title. RTS game's have never been good on the console, especially in comparison to the PC. And just because people are liking it from pure fanboyism, doesn't mean it has solid control's, you just can't compete with a Keyboard & Mouse for the RTS genre.

And the original Halo was pretty fun, but the Pistol was overboard, it got to the point that nobody used anything else besides maybe a rocket launcher. And the BR was a godsend, my favorite weapon, easily.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
any good mmorpgs out there atm? FREE ONES, thanks.

edit: and i cant wait for **** diablo 3.

ill for sure be getting that.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
any good mmorpgs out there atm? FREE ONES, thanks.

edit: and i cant wait for **** diablo 3.

ill for sure be getting that.
Hmm...

You could play Maple Story LOL

Any MMO that is out right now has private servers.
I used to play RO a lot. As well as Lineage 2. WoW was "meh".

And Diablo 3 isn't an mmo, more of an online arpg. A game that's similar to it is Sacred 2 (that just came out actually). Game's buggy as hell though. Also, seeing as it's BLIZZARD the release will be like... 2014.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Hmm...

You could play Maple Story LOL

Any MMO that is out right now has private servers.
I used to play RO a lot. As well as Lineage 2. WoW was "meh".

And Diablo 3 isn't an mmo, more of an online arpg. A game that's similar to it is Sacred 2 (that just came out actually). Game's buggy as hell though. Also, seeing as it's BLIZZARD the release will be like... 2014.
Lineage 2 was too fun, I played on Private Server's instead of paying hard cold cash <.<

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I finally have my customized East-Sheen 5x5 Rubik's Cube, mail ordered from china. It's like a 5x5, but it's more fluid and it's the size of a 3x3! =D

<33

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol whats an arpg? action rpg?

mmorpg is mass multiplayer online isnt it? wouldnt diablo fall into that category?

i didnt say diablo was, but now u brought it up i think it could be lol

hi vic. are u coming this sunday.

edit: maple story? lol more modern please lolol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No. Matt's working on Sunday so we can't get his van, and Connor's car is still in the shop. It's for the best I guess. I really wouldn't want to be on the highway with the current weather.

/nojohns.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
The thing I like about Diablo though, is that with randomly generated Magic and Rare item's almost everything is unique, save the unique and set item's. You could have a yellow better than any Unique with the right Prefix's and Suffix's.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
The thing I like about Diablo though, is that with randomly generated Magic and Rare item's almost everything is unique, save the unique and set item's. You could have a yellow better than any Unique with the right Prefix's and Suffix's.
Only gloves/boots (and the occasional amulet/ring). Not weapons or armour.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The thing I like about diablo is that the quests are not only necessary, they are fun. MMORPG's tend to have really dry quests.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Only gloves/boots (and the occasional amulet/ring). Not weapons or armour.
The only real worth while Weapon's and Armor are the Enhanced Damage/Defense +15%/Socketed(And luckily a few other added superior prefixes), because ultimately Rune Word's blow anything else out of the water, it's just a pain to get them considering how expensive they are by the crazy over-priced Diablo Economy. Oh, and don't forget Circlet's, great +skill mod's on them for an extremely wicked bargain. And even then, you can find extremely good Class specific helm's that won't cost you an arm and leg. As for Amulet's and Ring's, in the end it's all about Crafting them yourself and hoping for good roll's, I've seen some nice crafted stuff out there.

Yeah, I've played Diablo 2 a lot <.<

The thing I like about diablo is that the quests are not only necessary, they are fun. MMORPG's tend to have really dry quests.
Agreed, I like MMORPG's more so for the PvP, not so much for the quest's as they get extremely bland.

Top Bottom