• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
theres a lot of good games that are out and going to come out.

edit: wii sucks balls. motion sensor sucks, games suck, online sucks, graphics suck, brawl su- oh shi-

oh, one thing that doesnt suck is trauma center for the wii.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
The only good game's on the Wii are LOZ: Twilight Princess, SSBB and maybe Mario Kart Wii. Other than that, Super Mario Galaxy was a joke, and the rest of their games suck big hairy one's.

Then there's SFIV(Great game)and Resident Evil 5(Gonna be tight). Then there's Fable 2, I got to play it for like 20 minutes and I thought it was pretty good, probably a solid game.

Other than that, I can't see anything that'll peak my interest's this year(Besides Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 of course!)

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
The only good game's on the Wii are LOZ: Twilight Princess, SSBB and maybe Mario Kart Wii.
Twilight Princess is just a GameCube game ported to the Wii. Brawl sucks. And Mario Kart Wii is toned down for casual gamers because it's pretty much entirely luck-based with its stupid items. Wii sucks.

I've played SF4 for 360, and the d-pad ***** me on that controller.

wtfsensitivity.
The D-pad on the 360 really, really sucks. I liked the one on the GameCube controller the best. Then again, other than that, the 360 controller is like amazing so I guess we can't complain too much. I just hated it when I was playing GRAW back in the day and I would keep pressing down and it would press left / right.

P.S.

Luke says:
yeah that was ridiculous
but we're not like victor who lets the grand finalist do friendlies for half an hour
god victor was such a terrible host
I think that's what we should call our tourny
ADAT2: Victor was a bad host

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I think Okami is a pretty amazing game! Same with super paper mario.

Mario galaxy is only bad because nintendo made it extremely easy, which made even the coolest parts boring because you knew you were gonna win anyways... Twilight princess is in the same boat. Metroid prime 3 was a good game but not as good as the first two IMO. I didn't even bother to get MK wii because the DS version ***** it.

oh and for some reason I never got into first person shooters... Is mgs4 a horrible example of one? Cause it was really boring to me.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Twilight Princess is just a GameCube game ported to the Wii. Brawl sucks. And Mario Kart Wii is toned down for casual gamers because it's pretty much entirely luck-based with its stupid items. Wii sucks.
Right handed Link is better than Left handed Link. Brawl is a great game, your opinion is obviously invalid, and Mario Kart Wii was solid, as it took out the snaking technique which was extremely easy to do(Which made online races boring).

The D-pad on the 360 really, really sucks. I liked the one on the GameCube controller the best. Then again, other than that, the 360 controller is like amazing so I guess we can't complain too much. I just hated it when I was playing GRAW back in the day and I would keep pressing down and it would press left / right.
I played GRAW and GRAW 2 extensively and I never had that problem with the D-Pad. You just have to hit it in a direction, not at an angle and expect results.

I've never had a chance to play Okami, but I've heard extremely good thing's about it.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
L4D? Oh wait on the 360?

While I do have CoD4 and Resistance 2 on my PS3, I'm against FPS games on consoles in general.

Mouse and keyboard, *****es. (And don't go into the fact that you can use a mouse/keyboard on the console, it's just not the same)

EDIT: I meant Resistance 1.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anybody would argue with you about pc > console. I'm just poor and can't afford to upgrade and maintain a computer.
Yeah I got a new computer in December and it's SOOO good to have a "good" computer. <3

Also, I started playing FE6. Guess who the main character is? (Hint: He has
PH1R3
)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
halo wars got a 8.4 or something, which is pretty good.

and ya, fps games usually should have 60fps.

i got a comp, but im waiting on it to be shipped. ESTIMATED MARCH 13TH, im dying waiting for it ugh

and another topic to throw in, killzone 2.

yay or nay or didnt try yet?

its very.. non fps like. the way the screen moves with the analog isnt quite good and zoom in is hard cause of cod habits.

it feels like.. first person gears of war lol

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
halo wars got a 8.4 or something, which is pretty good.

and ya, fps games usually should have 60fps.

i got a comp, but im waiting on it to be shipped. ESTIMATED MARCH 13TH, im dying waiting for it ugh

and another topic to throw in, killzone 2.

yay or nay or didnt try yet?

its very.. non fps like. the way the screen moves with the analog isnt quite good and zoom in is hard cause of cod habits.

it feels like.. first person gears of war lol
I played Killzone 2 at my brother's a few day's ago, I couldn't stand the sensitivity on the controller, if they ported it to PC, I'd definitely buy it but that's unlikely. It's a shame to see such a good looking FPS go to waste on a console.

So nay.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Yeah I got a new computer in December and it's SOOO good to have a "good" computer. <3

Also, I started playing FE6. Guess who the main character is? (Hint: He has
PH1R3
)
FE6 is BULL**** AND I HATE IT.

It's hard at times, because Roy sucks, and the RNG hates you, your mother, your dog, AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS. You have no control over anything, like playing Bowser vs Sheik. You miss with 90%'s CONSTANTLY and get hit by an enemies 1% crit far too often.

Also, Good games for Wii?

Madworld looks decent, No more heroes, De Blob, Boom Blox, Brawl (In some people's opinions), and FE10.

I wouldn't bother with any garbage Nintendo pours out. The good old days are gone. Galaxy was decent, as was corruption I suppose, but gone are the days of SMB3, SMW, DKC2, Super Metroid, etc. Now we get, oh boy, Wii Music!

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
FE6 is BULL**** AND I HATE IT.

It's hard at times, because Roy sucks, and the RNG hates you, your mother, your dog, AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS. You have no control over anything, like playing Bowser vs Sheik. You miss with 90%'s CONSTANTLY and get hit by an enemies 1% crit far too often.

Also, Good games for Wii?

Madworld looks decent, No more heroes, De Blob, Boom Blox, Brawl (In some people's opinions), and FE10.

I wouldn't bother with any garbage Nintendo pours out. The good old days are gone. Galaxy was decent, as was corruption I suppose, but gone are the days of SMB3, SMW, DKC2, Super Metroid, etc. Now we get, oh boy, Wii Music!
FE10? Is that the one with Ike? ****'s a joke, even your "Jeigan" becomes strong as hell as with every other character. The 2 FEs on the GBA were good, but I haven't gotten that far into FE6 but yeah, RNG sucks.

Oh ****, level up! HP+1. That's it. *next level* HP+1. ****ing RNG...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Then porting the metroid games to the wii is rather cool, in my Oppinion anywho. And good games for the Wi I'd say FE10 but it's a bit harder than Path of Radiance was and Ike looks stupid.

Yeah I heard Halo wars is a great game

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
FE10? Is that the one with Ike? ****'s a joke, even your "Jeigan" becomes strong as hell as with every other character. The 2 FEs on the GBA were good, but I haven't gotten that far into FE6 but yeah, RNG sucks.

Oh ****, level up! HP+1. That's it. *next level* HP+1. ****ing RNG...
Err...

I mean the FE for Gamecube lol. I've no idea if the Wii version is the same.

You should try FE1 for the DS. Guess who the main character is?
TIPPER

EDIT: And by same I mean how every char pretty much becomes god-tier

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya, killzone 2 has gotten a lot of complaints and they responded as its suppose to be a strategic fps rather a cod or run and gun fps.

and thats true, i tried run and gun, but it was more like run and die.

but at least it gives a different type of fps than cod and such.

i beat FE for gamecube, i maxed out ike too fast so he basically saved people and grab items lol

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
ya, killzone 2 has gotten a lot of complaints and they responded as its suppose to be a strategic fps rather a cod or run and gun fps.

and thats true, i tried run and gun, but it was more like run and die.

but at least it gives a different type of fps than cod and such.

i beat FE for gamecube, i maxed out ike too fast so he basically saved people and grab items lol
Yeah usually "Lords" become uber-good except Roy for some reason, who sucks.

EDIT: And Eliwood.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
omfg my comp is taking forever.

at least the delivery date moved from march 13th to march 12th lolol

nowadays, only fps interests me, ive been losing interest in other games like FE and stuff.

im still good with smash, and i think if a good mmorpg rolls around ill jump on that if i get some friends to play too.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I haven't played a good First person shooter Since Halo 3 :\ and taht was kind of a let down seeing as how if you were out of ammo you could still win by two beatdowns, minazwel have been Mortal combat for all the shooting I actually did in that game.

Mmorpg's are soo addictive :( but fun, I play WoW from time to time with my friends but they are so much better than I.

@ Halcyon.days: the one for wii is fun and a bit harder unless your doing missions where it's Ikes party, then it's like an auto win. but the other party you fight as is an entire class behind Ikes units. makes for interesting fights...

Tyson651

Smash Lord
have u played an fps like cod4/5, crysis, l4d, tf2 at all? those are pretty fun and good fps

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I haven't played a good First person shooter Since Halo 3 :\ and taht was kind of a let down seeing as how if you were out of ammo you could still win by two beatdowns, minazwel have been Mortal combat for all the shooting I actually did in that game.
If you play against the people I do, you will notice that you get noware near as many beatdowns as normal, instead you rely on BR's and long range weapons alot (all of the people I play with on XBL are MLG).

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
have u played an fps like cod4/5, crysis, l4d, tf2 at all? those are pretty fun and good fps
CoD4 is fun, yes. I haven't tried CoD5 but god forbid they went back to the past instead of staying modern. Haven't tried Crysis yet but yeah L4D and TF2 are fun.

L4D you need some friends unless you want to get stuck with ******** pubbers.

And TF2 has good diversity.

Top Bottom