• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
There should be a sticky in each of the respective discussions (General Melee & General Brawl) saying where to go to find friendlies/tournaments.

I'd no idea this thread even existed until Victor told me.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
well, if the ip is different than his original one, u cant ban him unless u got solid evidence that he is brad.

otherwise thats just convicting any new member of being brad.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone been in the Tournament discussion recently?

I believe they are talking about brawl but some people want to implement a rule where if you grab the edge more than 70 times in a match (it tallies it automatically at the end of each round) then you lose the match.

That's dumb as hell.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895

I believe they are talking about brawl but some people want to implement a rule where if you grab the edge more than 70 times in a match (it tallies it automatically at the end of each round) then you lose the match.

That's dumb as hell.
What the hell does that have to do with the match..?
that makes no sense whatsoever that you'd lose because you grabbed the living Sh*t out of that ledge

FalseFalco

Smash Master
that was the sloppiest first match ive seen those two players play. maybe they were laughing the whole time after that randall save. match 2 was way better

OH GOD MATCH 5. that was hard to watch. PC choke hard and m2k went 100% sheik lame. PC might have had better luck with falco. it looked like his fox burned out from thinking too much. You can't overthink sheik...

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
that was the sloppiest first match ive seen those two players play. maybe they were laughing the whole time after that randall save. match 2 was way better

OH GOD MATCH 5. that was hard to watch. PC choke hard and m2k went 100% sheik lame. PC might have had better luck with falco. it looked like his fox burned out from thinking too much. You can't overthink sheik...

Yeah. PC said he was really rusty with his technical skill, and M2K was rusty with his mindgames. Yeah, Shiek's gay.

I was surprised PC did so good. He just got back into melee like a few weeks ago I think.

Alphicans

Smash Hero

That's dumb as hell.
I agree with this rule. It's not dumb.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

That's dumb as hell.
lmfaofaflsflkmsldf. They're just trying so hard to compensate.

I donno why people don't find this place. I think this was the first place I checked out when I first found smashboards.

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
So is smash going on during Flatzone weekend Edmonton? A few Red Deer guys wouldn't mind coming down if our ride is with us :)

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
i want sunday.

i cant saturday.
Aye. We'll work something out.

But seriously. In Brawl it's pretty easy to recover
(read: Snake or MK)
and they're going to implement this rule. If you have amazing DI and recover like np, then this rule is ********. I mean, if they're so obsessed about planking (I've no idea what it is, but I'm assuming it has something to do with ledge stalling) ledge stalling they could just have it in the tournamnet rules or something. And then you could just call it on the other guy.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Aye. We'll work something out.

But seriously. In Brawl it's pretty easy to recover
(read: Snake or MK)
and they're going to implement this rule. If you have amazing DI and recover like np, then this rule is ********. I mean, if they're so obsessed about planking (I've no idea what it is, but I'm assuming it has something to do with ledge stalling) ledge stalling they could just have it in the tournamnet rules or something. And then you could just call it on the other guy.
yeah I agree. This catch ledge thing 70 times is dumb, just call the person out on camping.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The camping rule is so hard to call though. This rule is definite, there is no arguing, it's either you did or you didn't. 70 times could be reduced or increased, but personally I think 70 times is excessive. Oh and Matt that's what they are trying to do, they are trying to make a rule about ledge stalling -______- (sorry, but what you said was ********).

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Thanks to the mod's amazing idea of putting this into the social room, I have a second chance at being 1337 forever, since posts don't count here!

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I talked to Carl yesterday, I believe. I think he said that he's got classes on Saturday, and we've both got classes during the week. That's one of the reasons I'm not going.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I work on Sunday 7-1. I guess I could host at 1... I don't think I'll be very energetic (busy weekend) so I won't be cooking anything or running around. That, and I'd like everyone to leave by 8-ish. I've been trying to get a lot more sleep lately and so far the plan has been somewhat successful. I'd like to keep it that way :p

Again, someone bring a TV and I'll host Brawl too.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
I work on Sunday 7-1. I guess I could host at 1... I don't think I'll be very energetic (busy weekend) so I won't be cooking anything or running around. That, and I'd like everyone to leave by 8-ish. I've been trying to get a lot more sleep lately and so far the plan has been somewhat successful. I'd like to keep it that way :p

Again, someone bring a TV and I'll host Brawl too.
Wicked. <3

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Red Deer is coming, if we can get a hold of Matt's van. Other wise, only a few of us will come down in Connor's beater if it's fixed by then.

Top Bottom