• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So T1J, since I can't go to CoT4, I'm comin to your gig. I've also got about ten friends that are coming as well. Don't worry about low attendance. :)

j00t

Smash Champion
I'll be going as well. I guess I might as well participate. j00t, you wanna team and not get owned this time?:laugh:
It's hilarious that you assumed I was going to another Brawl tournament.

So no, I won't team. :p

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming if I can't find a way to meet up with Reflex's party-in-a-car in atlanta. Right now it looks like I gotta greyhound it over to atl at 7:00 am the day before the CotT4.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I'm going. And DanGR is not exaggerating about the ten people. There's me, him, zap, spade, kira, pope, shock, tNado, and pops.

moogle

Smash Ace
I'm going. And DanGR is not exaggerating about the ten people. There's me, him, zap, spade, kira, pope, shock, tNado, and pops.
There's a lot of people in there I've never played before... even if it is brawl. :002: If a bunch of you get together, I'll go to Madison and play.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
nice @ the attendance.
don't worry about moogle he always sandbags in friendlies :-P

moogle are you coming to tcs4?

i think i might go all kirby in pools and all snake in brackets.
unless someone cp's japes in which you will see the gayest ROB in the history of ROBs

speaking of gayness, check out some of my recent feedback from the Aib and GB ladder:

campy snake
anybody can be good when they spam rob good job spammy
this guy sux he plays snake and spmas grane until u come to him and he just tilts and rolls dont play him
Campy but good, Ggs.
Camp more.
I'll give you a five this time because I'm in a better mood. But my point is, Snake requires no skill and has massive lag advantage.
Wow you don't punch much do you. I think you are the spammiest snake up here. Missles more than nades is pretty bad. It was ggs till last match. Later.
I hope you think you're cool for winning with Snake with a half second of lag.

welp nice1 do you have any idea for a team name

nice1

Smash Lord
my attendance for this is about 85% but most likely i'm going since my mom is canceling her plans next sat. I can bring my wii with TvC if yall wanna play it too. T1J get on aim when u can i gotta talk to u bout something. i'll be on all day but it mite take a couple minutes for me to respond since i'll be n skool and i gotta sneak to text people lmao

I got tired of playing online cuz all people do is complain. i played a guy, snake vs mk, and all he did was spam the nado so i kept running and pulling out nades and throwing them and he said i was the gayest snake he ever played

moogle

Smash Ace
We get together every weekend... and you can most certainly beat us all.
I'm not that scary, am I?

nice @ the attendance.
don't worry about moogle he always sandbags in friendlies :-P

moogle are you coming to tcs4?
I think I'm going to TCS4. (Sorry SMYM9... you're really far away.) And I'm a pro at friendlies~

you must go to CoT4 and make fox look good ;P
CoT4 is faaaar away too.

Hey, anybody up for playing 64 smash at tcs4? :)
I can do that. :p

Will_

Smash Journeyman
****...guys...I think I just invented something new with MK. It's like a dash smash, something like melee's wavedash to smash. I've only got it to work with fsmash so far.

Simply dash either way, and flick the c-stick left or right. The opportunity frames allow you to move your fsmash about half the length of metaknight.

So far, I'm abusing it best in the ditto. I assume it's less useful against snake/diddy etc..

I haven't seen this used anywhere so I guess it's new. Keep it a secret. :]

EDIT: If you miss the timing, you'll just dash attack.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
omfg I think dthrow to dash fsmash or w/e it's going to be called is a combo. I hope I didn't write MK's ban ticket. :[

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
****...guys...I think I just invented something new with MK. It's like a dash smash, something like melee's wavedash to smash. I've only got it to work with fsmash so far.

Simply dash either way, and flick the c-stick left or right. The opportunity frames allow you to move your fsmash about half the length of metaknight.

So far, I'm abusing it best in the ditto. I assume it's less useful against snake/diddy etc..

I haven't seen this used anywhere so I guess it's new. Keep it a secret. :]

EDIT: If you miss the timing, you'll just dash attack.
It's called "stutter-stepping". All characters can do it. It's been around for a while.

Using it with MK makes sense, though.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Cool. I'm totally using it now, though. MK's fsmash is now good wtf.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I just reinforced my internet connection
and should lag less now.

man ness is gonna **** this low tier tournament I think. I need to find a counter because I dont think i'm good at ness dittos.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
You PT players make me sick. Charizard 2 good. Squirtle is ********. Ivysaur is teh sux. Cept his up smash. It KILLS BOOZER OFF THE TOP AT 80%. W-T-F IS THAT ****?! Koopa shouldn't get ko'd by anything till over 100% imo...

I need another wii. Haven't played brawlawlawl in months.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Hehe luckily i took off work to work on HW all day today i and i believe i have a fair chance of staying a while at moogle's this time, assuming he is hosting smash tonight *glares at moogle* don't let me down moog

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i forgot about charizard grab release.
i suck at PT though. how do you even play ivysaur? i dont get it. nair is like the only move with out ten seconds of start up lag

edit
anyone want to play online with me

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i forgot about charizard grab release.
i suck at PT though. how do you even play ivysaur? i dont get it. nair is like the only move with out ten seconds of start up lag

edit
anyone want to play online with me
N-Air. B-Air. U-Air. F-Tilt. D-Tilt. Pivot grab.

That's in no particular order.

Just...do that stuff. Mess around with it. You'll get it eventually.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle can do a similar jab-grab-grab release routine to ness. imo it's easier to pull off than zard's against ness.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Out of the low tier, the only characters that give me trouble are PT and wtfJiggs.

Not so bad that I expect to have to instantly have a counterpick ready really, Charizard is a pushover but the other two are ******** in the face. Jiggs just straight up confuses me, I don't understand her frames or playstyle whatsoever. She jumps in the air, get's right in my face, and I get hit by something. I try to swing but some little limb comes out and eats my priority. So confusing.

Oh yeah then there's rollout, wtf.
Lag, wtf.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
jiggs nair has a lot of priority but you should able to outrange it. only thing that messes me up is pound

but jiggs lacks the ability to take stocks from people so it shouldn't be a problem lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
loljiggs is good if you have CRAZY mindgames.
i don t with her so i kinda suck with it.
i can never remeber if its a boy or girl?

anyways, im maining ness at the low teir. but dont worry im not good with him :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
im probably going to play ness too. I'm not confident with anyone else.
i wanted to play link, but good players embarass him too much.
i might play link against ness. or spend all week practicing PT

technically pokemon are usually referred to as "it".
but jiggs is obv female

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Link is a rockin character, use him but only as a counter pick so you can take them to Pirate Ship or some other stage Link can't get mega gimped out at. Because seriously, if it weren't for him having the worst recovery in the game, Link would be in the mid tier without even blinking.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I'm not that scary, am I?
Anyone who can take stocks off of Isai is a little scary O.o

Yeah, anytime you're in Madison you should come play us. We were just playing at Daniel's house tonight. His Olimar is frustrating. Camping is a legitimate strategy and all, but boy is it annoying.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who can take stocks off of Isai is a little scary O.o
He's got a point.

And I'd go Mario if everyone's going to be Ness. I'm half hoping we get Philly-canceled because I don't want to greyhound for 5 hours to drive for 14 to lose to the best players in the nation and miss out on the tuscaloosa one. But I really want to improve, and that's probably the best way to do it.

Top Bottom