• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
He's got a point.

And I'd go Mario if everyone's going to be Ness. I'm half hoping we get Philly-canceled because I don't want to greyhound for 5 hours to drive for 14 to lose to the best players in the nation and miss out on the tuscaloosa one. But I really want to improve, and that's probably the best way to do it.
WELL, judging by my professor's exam policy, it looks like we're going to get Philly-canceled. I'll have a definite answer by the end of tomorrow.

Then again, Biglou says he's going either way, so you should still be able to go with him if you want. Granted, gas will be much more expensive with just two people instead of four, but...

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Good matched slam. Really not used to fighting Wario cause no one I've played so far has used him for real. And too bad that none of the matched involving Kalm worked. Some extreme lag. After seeing what slam did to my DK though I'm kinda glad we didn't to do the DK dittos. Need to work on him some more.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
The Mega Man song was pretty funny. Majist posted the Mario Music thing like a year ago on this very board.
I can thank Majist for making me obsessed about Brentalfloss. I have never subscribed to anyone's youtube channels, but I felt utterly compelled to subscribe to him.

And @slam, I'll go ahead and say this now after watching that video... I just don't get black people -_-

...but back to topic. Mario is a total freaking Ness counter. It makes me sick that, for some reason, that I just can't approach him. So I'm expecting lots of Nesses and Marios for low-tier. Now I'm getting hyped for all of this!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
It will all be cool, my connection cleared up shortly after. The best way for me to learn characters is to fight them, so fighting my DK should be great for you one way or the other.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Mario is a great character, and he's going to be awesome in the tourny.

The low tier tourny is going to rock out loud either way, we need to have these all the time after this one.

j00t

Smash Champion
Mario is a great character, and he's going to be awesome in the tourny.

The low tier tourny is going to rock out loud either way, we need to have these all the time after this one.
Rocking out loud in Brawl is like seeing Kirby dittos in Melee. And even then I'd rather see the Kirby dittos.

(>'.')>

Sensai

Smash Master
Rocking out loud in Brawl is like seeing Kirby dittos in Melee. And even then I'd rather see the Kirby dittos.

(>'.')>
Y'know, I think I've beaten Moogle's Kirby like...once? And I'm pretty sure it was in teams, so it was really whoever I was playing with doing it for me.

I just have no idea what to do against the little pink *******.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
We Built This Low Tier Tourney! We Built This Low Tier Tourney With Rock N Rol!!!!!

edit: and thank you ref, kalm will be good practice. his DK is pretty XtReM3mmmmE!!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
wario beats me up because I block a lot and bite beats block (and everything else pretty much)
but almost everything can be handled with a little snakecamping.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm likely going to be using Kirby a good bit in this tourny, I think most people agree that he's my third best character. I doub't I'll ever ditto him but it will just depend. Kirby should be my main answer to super campy characters, but I recently decided to stick with Ike as a counterpick as much as I can because people I Play online seem to agree that my Ike is brutal **** in a can.

That 8-bit Zero video.
Well, I threw up. I couldn't handle the large amounts of success and epic shoved down my throat.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ike is about 10 times better online than he is in real life.
kirby's a beast though.
early I said kirby beats snake, but snake probably wins by a little bit. I think i was confused because george's kirby is in its own tier.

if anyone plays lucario, I'm going metaknight. just fyi. but other than that i'm probably going perma-snake, cuz i'm cool like that. I think snakedashing might be required to fight lucario with snake, and I havent really added it into my playstyle.

dude I might go yoshi and link for the low tier tournament mayne.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I seriously want to ignore the fact I'm kind of tired of Brawl and go to Clash of the Titans 4. Seriously, we could enter crews. Reflex, Will_, Kismet, BigLou, me. It'd be insane.

j00t

Smash Champion
anomaly and cheap peach, I need to talk with you about staying at your place on Saturday night w/ a couple friends of mine.

I also have a book and a necklace that I believe belongs to you.

AIM me or PM me if you can house me :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I seriously want to ignore the fact I'm kind of tired of Brawl and go to Clash of the Titans 4. Seriously, we could enter crews. Reflex, Will_, Kismet, BigLou, me. It'd be insane.
That sounds great. Biglou says it should be fine.

Now, I just need to see about the day before for Will.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
That would ****. And I was kinda worried about a teams partner.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
and by older brother is this someone I should know or whaaaaat?

Also what's the word on which tourny you're going to, Mr. I Scare M2K?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
and by older brother is this someone I should know or whaaaaat?

Also what's the word on which tourny you're going to, Mr. I Scare M2K?
Uh, he lives with me; his tag is "elev8".

And, I'm confirmed for CoT4 now.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
oh I know elev8, i just bumped him off my list like a 4 days ago for never being on, was that your FC i torched too? lmao

Top Bottom