• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

NinKenDo64

Smash Apprentice
If we had a tourney where the majority of people in Alabama would show more often, say a tourney that's hosted maybe twice a year, that would give people time to plan in advance to come. It's hard to determine who's the best in their respected games atm. However as time passes we're becoming less scattered as a state so that's something to be proud of! Also Ram is beast. Dat weegee tho!

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Zzzq;=

I'd like to know all the tournaments you claim to have seen Rag at this summer. Plus bro, your not the best in T-town. There is an old school Luigi main that lives there, he's from Pensacola. His name is Ram. I promise he'll give you the business. I'll get him to money match you. He loves free money, and scrub space animals. He'll whoop your PM guys too.
I'm from the NOLA area, so when he came down for Summercon, Open World (6?), and Golden Chariot I got to watch him play a good bit. Also, I'd love to meet this hidden luigi main who goes to no tournaments but merits being ranked the best in Tuscaloosa.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
RAM was always a beast in melee. I haven't seen him in years, but if he's kept playing this whole time I don't doubt he's one of the best in Tuscaloosa

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Plus bro, your not the best in T-town. There is an old school Luigi main that lives there, he's from Pensacola. His name is Ram. I promise he'll give you the business. I'll get him to money match you. He loves free money, and scrub space animals. He'll whoop your PM guys too.
So what happened to all of this?

Im glad you know that. You don't even play Melee. What are you even basing that off? You said that like it was fact. I don't have any evidence of what I said, but my post was just my opinion.
I'd like to know all the tournaments you claim to have seen Rag at this summer.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Ram's my boy. We miss him down here.

He came out to every Mobile and Pcola event (he even went to one or two LA tournaments), so I'm a little surprised he doesn't come out in T-Town. He probably doesn't have a ride or know that **** is going on.

Either way, I don't know any of the new Tuscaloosa crew so it'd be cool to see how he stacks up.

Glad I was invited back! Already entertained.
See, I told you.

Maybe a central location like Tuscaloosa or Bham, maybe Montgomery, would be best for that so that perhaps the travelling would be moderately equal for everyone

Maybe a central location like Tuscaloosa or Bham, maybe Montgomery, would be best for that so that perhaps the travelling would be moderately equal for everyone
In Brawl, AUSOM was that tournament. The best of Georgia and all of AL always came out. But it's never been so good for Melee. The Melee scene's got to step there travel game up. DGR had less melee than HP did.

Last edited:

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
A semiannual regional in Tuscaloosa is something we've thought about. But it obviously depends on the interest by Alabama as a whole.

Last edited:

William Sherman

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, holding a Brawl tournament in Montgomery Saturday. This is pretty much meant to be a fun get together and introduce a possible new venue for more tournaments. We'll have popcorn to give out and 3DS with the new smash game are welcome. We are still learning with every tournament, but being that the organization holding it is a non-profit organization the entry fees will be tax deductible. Can't post link yet due to number of posts

NinKenDo64

Smash Apprentice
If I get the cash I might come out to BIO 4. It's a 3 hour drive where I stay though. November may be a dead month for me. A lot of things are starting to happen irl.
Also @ William Sherman William Sherman I appreciate you trying to get something started in Montgomery. Serin goes to ASU there so hit him up if you have any questions. He's been in the game for a while.

Last edited:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I could use some more people to play this newfangled Smash with. If anyone would care to add me I would be grateful. Something about fight at own risk or something.

skizbe

Smash Rookie
I know that he has been inactive for a while, and I know that none of you know me, but some of you may remember a young man named Austin Lucas (shaSLAM).
He was my best friend and a wonderful person. Today Austin passed away. Even though he hasn't been involved in this community for quite some time, Austin really loved smash and the community. I'm only posting this to inform those who knew/were friends with Austin.
I apologize for intruding with this but I know Austin loved smash and the people who played it with him and I didn't know any other way to pass this tragic news on. I sincerely hope this isn't too inappropriate of me.

If anyone would like to send condolences to his family you can pm me for any information you may need.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Holy ****.

Not inappropriate, smashers are intertwined enough to want to hear.

I didn't know him super well. I always felt like smash was a good influence for him though.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe that. I didn't know him extremely well, but I certainly knew him and we had some really good conversations. He was a really cool guy with lots of good things to say. I'm so sad to hear that. :( </3

j00t

Smash Champion
Holy ****... :/

Didn't know him too well but he was very active around here... Wow. RIP ShaSlam :(

Will_

Smash Journeyman
RIP. Last time I saw him in person was...zero gamer's apartment tournies.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I can't believe that he is gone...
He was such a great friend, but I hadn't talked to him in a long time...
I looked forward to us reuniting again, but never pushed for it myself. The regret that I feel now... I just don't know what to say.
There was a time when Austin and I were pretty close, now such a time can never come again.
Things are never going to be the same again.
Rest in peace friend.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm probably not going to BIO tomorrow, don't really feel like spending my Sunday out of town. Maybe next time?

Top Bottom