• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
semi annual tourney in tuscaloosa should def happen. last time i went up north was for a tourney in pheonix city back in like 2012. (Top 3 was all Mobile players) would love to see how everyone stacks up

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
semi annual tourney in tuscaloosa should def happen. last time i went up north was for a tourney in pheonix city back in like 2012. (Top 3 was all Mobile players) would love to see how everyone stacks up
Tuscaloosa's working on it. We basically built our scene from the ground up this year. Birmingham seems like it'd be prime location, and we'd be more than willing to help make that happen.

HsvASL

Smash Cadet
We're working hard on planning Huntsville events! We've got quite a weekend planned for Smash 4!

We're going to have our Smash 4 release party starting at midnight and going until 6AM at 710 Kilkenny Dr. Huntsville, AL

Then on Saturday November 22nd we'll be streaming a Melee Tournament hosted by Another Castle Classic Gaming starting at 3PM! Followed by an unoffcial Smash meetup dinner at Steak and Shake right outside Madison Square Mall! And alongside the Melee tournament we'll have a few Smash 4 setups for people who want to try the game.

On the 23rd we'll be hosting Melee, Smash 4 Wii U and Smash 4 3DS tournaments! The Melee and Smash 4 Wii U tournament will be streamed - the Smash 3DS tournament will be recorded and posted to YouTube on a later date. Melee will be from 12PM until 4PM; then we'll have an hour break for dinner - and starting back up at 5PM we'll have both Smash 4 Tournaments. Melee and Smash Wii U will have a $5 entry with a 60/30/10% split going to first second and third. The Smash 3DS tournament will be only $3 with 60/30/10 split.

We will be posting rules and more details in the coming days! So "like" us on Facebook and stay tuned for those! We hope you can make it to at least ONE event!

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Tuscaloosa's working on it. We basically built our scene from the ground up this year. Birmingham seems like it'd be prime location, and we'd be more than willing to help make that happen.
Birmingham/Tuscaloosca both definitely seem like good halfway points for the state, possibly Montgomery. that way its a max 4 hour drive for anywhere in the state

WESker: FD preferably. my 2nd choice would be FoD

Last edited:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
how are you guys gonna get enough Wii U's to run a tournament?

Birmingham is a nice location, as is Montgomery, but in the past 7 years the only series that worked in either was the Gamebox tournaments, which closed down for good.

I hope Tuscaloosa is making good friends with Mississippi (and Winnar), because if we held tournaments there with MS support, they would be bigger than anywhere else.

HsvASL

Smash Cadet
We have 5 Wii Us among the HASL Staff and a few friends who will potentially be bringing there own. So hopefully we'll have around 10 for the tournament on Sunday. But we have the 5 guaranteed and we're saving up for more.

I mean this when I say that we're working hard on building a scene here in Huntsville. We have a lot of plans and regular meetings to discuss things. It's a bit of a slow process but not due to a lack of effort from those involved. Hopefully everyone likes the events and we can host even MORE events!

Adiados

Smash Rookie
Got a release party going if anyone around Tuscaloosa is interested.
Its at the Hive, will post more details if you guys are interested.

HsvASL

Smash Cadet
THANK YOU everyone who showed up at the Smashfest and watched the HASL stream! Everyone within HASL had a blast running this event - and we hope YOU enjoyed attending/watching! We're really trying our best to throw a good event! And despite a few bumps I feel like today was a success! Please let us know any criticism or complements you have! They're all appreciated.

We're working on the December Smashfest which we're planning for December 13th or 14th (one of those two days.) We'll be posting more about that very soon! Again, Thank you!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Was tons of fun!

So as far as "big" tournaments go we have Kumite & Apex coming up soon. I'm pretty much bound for Apex but is anyone else up for heading to one/both of these

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
My phone is being lame and not letting me put my info so I'll be updating later on in the week. Looking forward to seeing MajesticBrendon join our scene though! +1 BFCer

Also taking a trip to Georgia on the 7th and Mobile for the HP monthly if any of you guys are game for a carpool lemme know

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Have there been any major WiiU smash tournaments (with like national pros?) I kinda want to see vids from something like that.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
ktar and Xanadu would be some good places to start. Both being on VGBCs channel I believe

Last edited:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
pm 3.5 feels really good
i always thought project m felt kinda "muddy" compared to melee just in terms of response and movement but it looks like they've fixed that

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so my goal was to find a wii u + smash for under 250 total and the only deal i could find was sold out in like 3 minutes
there are a lot of cyber monday bundles but I don't want any of those games lol

_Keno_

Smash Lord
lol dang. I'm prob just getting one of those controller adapters and only play at tournaments. Unless someone else around here gets a wiiu and invites me over at least.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Guess what guys. BIO 5 (the last of the year!) is this Sunday.

Why YOU should go to BIO! 5 this Sunday:
1. $2 Entry for Melee and PM Singles and Doubles
2. Free Coffee, no venue fee (best TO's ever, right?)
3. Representation from the best of Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Mississippi, Birmingham, and more
4. New tournament bracket system made from scratch and a megaphone to call matches
5. Awesome stream thanks to HASL

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1529825543922095/
Smashboards Link: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-7-2014-bio-5-finals-edition-tuscaloosa-al.378440/

Top Bottom