• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Kirby seems like he'd do well vs Tink as long as he stays grounded and slowly approaches with PS's until he gets in and wrecks, but i know nothing about the matchup.

Anyone else going to Pixelcon?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Kirby is short, so he would be able to avoid a lot of Toon Link's silly keep-away game, but Toon Link could resort to air camping quite easily, too.

I'm going to Pixelcon, though I'm not sure who's coming with me.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is short, so he would be able to avoid a lot of Toon Link's silly keep-away game, but Toon Link could resort to air camping quite easily, too.

I'm going to Pixelcon, though I'm not sure who's coming with me.
Oh shoot, that's this weekend, isn't it.

...uhhh, I might show up. No promises.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
supposedly my friends are dragging me there so ill be there. not really sure why.
if yall want a ride i can ask my friends, theyre from montgomery. or, i mean, tell me, and il ask them.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
So apparently there is a push to get tourny results archived and they wanted to include the innsomnia series (woot you guys!). Unfortunately, I lost tio and all my results in a hard drive crash a couple years ago so the only thing I have access to is whatever shows up in "innsomnia results" search thread here. If any of you have any old tio screenshots or list of results from anything inn related, please toss me a pm. I'd say post it here, but I won't lie, I probably won't see it. I don't get on here near as often as I wish I could. Stupid life being so crazy.

Hope all is well with everyone :) Thanks

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm a poor college student. It's not easy.

As far as I know, Iblis told people he wanted to go for some personal reason and no one else really cares.

Why should we go?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Because Arcade Legacy is possibly the best venue ever. Because you have a legitimate shot @ first. Because this event will be fkn amazing. Because the tournament will only be one day...hotels in the area atm are 61 dollars per night or something. I mean why not?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
What's the car casualty toll up to at this point anyway?

Reflex @ MLG Orlando
Nu @ Panhandle
Duchock + Moogle (It was both cars, right?) @ Game Galaxy
Whose car was it at AUSOM?
Reflex @ APEX

Bonus for Nu's sister's car @ LAST. Never again Grape Crush.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
@ LAST
George: i think i'm going to be sick...
Nu: What did George say?
George: uuungghhh....

& then the fiasco of "who's going to clean this up?"
Never again Grape Crush... Never Again...

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Because Arcade Legacy is possibly the best venue ever. Because you have a legitimate shot @ first. Because this event will be fkn amazing. Because the tournament will only be one day...hotels in the area atm are 61 dollars per night or something. I mean why not?
I wanna go just because I like clowsui's avatar. Which is way worse than any of those reasons.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
its easy to say that youd go to the midweest cuz of someones avitar when your parents are your source of money.

im soooo glad i never went to any of those LAST tournaments lol. the ride to LA is tough man forreal though.

and i would love to go to the midwest but that like me posting in the alaska thread telling them to come to one of our locals. :/

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
& then the fiasco of "who's going to clean this up?"
Never again Grape Crush... Never Again...
A fiasco? That's not how I remember it.

What I remember is Elev8 laughing very awkwardly the whole time while interjecting a "I ain't cleanin' that up" every other minute while I was working on getting the damn situation solved.

And Moogle's car thankfully got away with, like, a barely discernible scratch on his bumper right next to a few that were already there apparently. I would say lucky him, but I consider me getting all the damage and him none as me being lucky.

Edit: Don't forget your breaks giving out at MLG Raleigh, George (I think that's what it was, somewhere up closer to the northeast).

popsofctown

Smash Champion
its easy to say that youd go to the midweest cuz of someones avitar when your parents are your source of money.

im soooo glad i never went to any of those LAST tournaments lol. the ride to LA is tough man forreal though.

and i would love to go to the midwest but that like me posting in the alaska thread telling them to come to one of our locals. :/
I get 50$ allowance a week if I feed the dogs and get A's every six weeks on my report card. It's my money. I'm going to save it up.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
A fiasco? That's not how I remember it.

What I remember is Elev8 laughing very awkwardly the whole time while interjecting a "I ain't cleanin' that up" every other minute while I was working on getting the damn situation solved.
that's pretty accurate lol. I remember you saying something along the lines of "I can't imagine what you guys are going to be like when you have kids..." & then (if i recall correctly), you sat in the back LIKE A BAWS, where the mess had occurred just so George didn't have to be back there.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
What's the car casualty toll up to at this point anyway?

Reflex @ MLG Orlando
Nu @ Panhandle
Duchock + Moogle (It was both cars, right?) @ Game Galaxy
Whose car was it at AUSOM?
Reflex @ APEX

Bonus for Nu's sister's car @ LAST. Never again Grape Crush.
Moogle's car was fine iirc, Duchock just busted up his headlight when he hit Moogle from behind(and when he had offroad adventures :bee:). But Moogle's radiator broke down on the way to LAST. Reflex and I jogged god knows how long in Louisiana summer heat to the nearest gas station and we both stepped in a foot deep hidden mud puddle. And that was the GOOD car to be in for that trip.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Moogle's car was fine iirc, Duchock just busted up his headlight when he hit Moogle from behind(and when he had offroad adventures :bee:). But Moogle's radiator broke down on the way to LAST. Reflex and I jogged god knows how long in Louisiana summer heat to the nearest gas station and we both stepped in a foot deep hidden mud puddle. And that was the GOOD car to be in for that trip.
You need to start coming to tournaments again, so you can make more fantastic memories lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
do people grab break in street fighter games on reaction? or do they just know the situations in which people try to grab?

also if anyone wants to play an awesome multiplayer platformer, try Rayman Origins. That game is ****ing amazing.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
do people grab break in street fighter games on reaction? or do they just know the situations in which people try to grab?

also if anyone wants to play an awesome multiplayer platformer, try Rayman Origins. That game is ****ing amazing.
It's mostly about recognizing the situation. Also, if you see someone walking straight up to you past jab range, it's 80% likely to be a grab. The first and maybe second grabs are free, but after that you should probably have an idea of how the player is integrating them and be able to react to the situation. Grab range is pretty bad in SFxTK, so it's usually even easier to see the grabs coming.

Grab situations:
Walk-up Grab - You've been mind****ed
Jab x n > Grab
Empty Jump > Grab
Blocked Jumpin > Grab
Blocked Jumpin > Jab x n > Grab
Meaty Grab on Wakeup

Most of these are beaten by simple jabs, but you'd be running the risk of getting counterhit. As long as you can play a decent footsie and spacing game, there aren't really any ways for you to get grabbed in other situations.

Also, I don't think my brakes ever gave out at a Smash tournament. There was one time I didn't have brakes coming home from work, though. That was fun.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i seem to get a lot of grabs with Xiaoyu because her guard pressure is ****ing amazing. like all of her moves are safe on block so people don't know what to do.
i do eat a lot of invincible DPs though when i get too antsy.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
metaknight is banned though will. wanna remian salty for the rest of your life with me? lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I get 50$ allowance a week if I feed the dogs and get A's every six weeks on my report card. It's my money. I'm going to save it up.
yeah this sounds kind of legitimate except that if i were to spend all of my money going on a trip, then i wouldnt have enough money for gas to make it to school for the next two weeks and i wouldnt have any food for the next two weeks. rent money wooould come into play also, but my apartment is already paid for because of my scholarship. its kind of a BS scholarship though. i got to college and living for free cuz my dad was in the armed forces for 30 years lol.

anyways point being,

im sure your parents would provide you with neccesities even if you spent all of your own money.

of course, i do spend money on recreational things too so maybe if i were just reallly reallly smart about money then i could pull something like this off. theres still a higher risk involved when you have to provide for yourself though is my point i guess

Twinster

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I have seen any of you let alone post here. I just wanted to let you guys know that I probably won't be playing competitive smash anymore. Had fun at a lot of tournaments with a lot of you guys. See ya!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
well will used to make to grand finals with DK. Geo's Kirby usually made him pull out MK
that MU is just TOO EASY with mk. seriously its making me mad actually having to play very well against a kirby to beat it now. lol. and i wasnt bagging on will's dk or saying he uses mk to get to grand finals. i was just asking if he wanted to be salty with me about the mk ban lol

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Having bills sucks.
I feel your pain Slam, except, y'know, my rent and college isn't paid for because for some reason they won't accept my ridiculously high test scores and AP scores. But whatever Florida, **** you and your claims that I'm not a resident.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
that MU is just TOO EASY with mk. seriously its making me mad actually having to play very well against a kirby to beat it now. lol. and i wasnt bagging on will's dk or saying he uses mk to get to grand finals. i was just asking if he wanted to be salty with me about the mk ban lol
most matchups are easy with MK lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i actual realize characters as viable and see things that they can do rather than just shutting their every option down and being like "lol u dont have a move that can get past fair walls or nados your character sucks."

now that im playing in the B tier and C tier range. YOLO'in up in those tiers forreal though.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Having bills sucks.
I feel your pain Slam, except, y'know, my rent and college isn't paid for because for some reason they won't accept my ridiculously high test scores and AP scores. But whatever Florida, **** you and your claims that I'm not a resident.
why do they think youre not a resident? result of living too far up north again lol ?

anyways yeah, i really lucked out on not having to pay apartment bills and for college. i feel kind of guilty cuz i made a 20 on the ACT and never took an AP class and graduated high school with a 1.7 GPA.

how in the world does all of that = free college and free living.

but yeah i se you having to miss alot because of moneyz :/ i sowwyy saint

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
why do they think youre not a resident? result of living too far up north again lol ?

anyways yeah, i really lucked out on not having to pay apartment bills and for college. i feel kind of guilty cuz i made a 20 on the ACT and never took an AP class and graduated high school with a 1.7 GPA.

how in the world does all of that = free college and free living.

but yeah i se you having to miss alot because of moneyz :/ i sowwyy saint
Some **** with my parents, basically.
My guardian (who I've been living with for 8 years) doesn't have a court order signed by a judge stating that he has permanent custody of my brother and I, only power of attorney and temporary custody. -_-

I had a 3.8 and a 35 on the ACT and a 2370 on the SAT. And four AP classes. But I'm not a resident so they told me to **** off, in a nutshell. Made me very sad.

It's aight. I just don't get paid enough where I work, lol.

Top Bottom