• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm attempting to go to Ohio this weekend and want to know if there's any chance of someone not named Reflex going. My hopes are not high, but one more would probably fill a second car.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I'm attempting to go to Ohio this weekend and want to know if there's any chance of someone not named Reflex going. My hopes are not high, but one more would probably fill a second car.
wtf really? that sounds amazing although im not too sure if its realistic to mark me as "going." what are your plans? who's cars are you taking and who all is going and where are the cars leaving from?

also how far is that ****ing drive?? lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
wtf really? that sounds amazing although im not too sure if its realistic to mark me as "going." what are your plans? who's cars are you taking and who all is going and where are the cars leaving from?

also how far is that ****ing drive?? lol
Talked to Reflex, getting in touch with P3 to find out who else to get in touch with.

I also need to check on Iblis as he expressed interest before anyone else. I simply need to see if there's a second driver in the AL/GA group as my car is still busted.

I plan on taking a bus if I have to in order to get to the place where the carpool begins.

I've gotten housing for Friday night and need to figure out if we want to stay in a hotel Saturday, when to leave, etc.

I KNOW there's more interest than we can fit in one car and I want to make sure that two go.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so youre just asking if theres another car going in the AL/GA area?
yeah i prolly cant go unless i get picked up cuz id be spending so much money in ohio anyways. bleehh

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i mean i guess thats it but it just bothers me like i feel like they just saw AiB do something for april fools and lol'd to themselves and were like "we wanna do it we wanna do it!!!!"
has SWF ever done a thing before for the holiday? i dont remember.

but yeah. i liked AiB's page yesterday, i just sat there and looked at the colors on the chatbox walls for like 10 minutes straight lol. it was a pretty colorful website lol i like i like i like i wish they wouldve kept some of it. but it doesnt really matter im trying to take a break from wifi anyways, i really dont feel like its the same as irl, or at least, im not as good at adapting as i once was from online play, therefore its kind of kinda useless to me :/ . like i dont care about my ladder score i dont see much else it has to offer other than practice for people that that kind of practice works for.

plus life is alot less stressful without enduring like a couple hours of lag every day or so.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
im pretty sure SWF does an april fools joke every year.
last year it was this:

the year before that they replaced a lot of words with other words. like i think if you typed Brawl it would change it to BARLW or something

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh yeah **** i forgot about all of those i just saw a screenshots of the friday prank a couple days ago too i have literally no recollection.

lool i never empty my PM box either, janjanjanjanjanjanjanjanjan

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Zero Suit Samus isn't allowed in low tier tournaments. The costume hack must have confused everyone.

Just one example of why I dislike using costume hacks in tournament.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Texture hacks are uncomfortable in many situations, even if it's a smooth or subtle change. I want my favorite colors, damn it.

I'm all for music changes, though, as long as the music doesn't suck. :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
texture hacks are kind of weird, but anyone who claims to have lost a match due to a texture hack is skrate johning.
unless its something dumb like making marth's sword bigger or something

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
but... that zelda was sooo good though.

and some texture hacks are kinda weird and make could throw off my spacing honestly. like bob omb metaknight looks so weird i dont know if itd even feel like fighting metaknight. and also sometimes the backgrounds are waaay too distracting or they mask over things like grenades or something. its subtle but i just dont think its neccesary to have texture hacks in tourney if it makes a change that people are gonna have to adapt to. :/

*Cam*

Smash Lord
texture hacks are kind of weird, but anyone who claims to have lost a match due to a texture hack is skrate johning.
http://i42.tinypic.com/21jotbb.jpg

I know there aren't many Jigglypuffs in tournament, but this one particularly bothers me. When she does her rest, her eyes don't close.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I agree. This is a thing, though; a Sephiroth texture does that, and it just throws off the look, not the hitboxes.

There's a popular Count Bleck texture over Meta Knight that removes his legs. That's a little troublesome.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Any texture that changes projectiles is bad, imo. For example, a texture that turns Falco's lasers red as if it were Melee makes his projectile game harder to deal with on Halberd. A stage texture that makes Battlefield look more like Melee Battlefield makes Snake's explosives harder to see.

Even a texture that changes Sonic to look more red than blue makes him stand out less on a Halberd.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I agree. This is a thing, though; a Sephiroth texture does that, and it just throws off the look, not the hitboxes.

There's a popular Count Bleck texture over Meta Knight that removes his legs. That's a little troublesome.
ughhh there was a Waba tournament I had to Marth ditto Player 3 at. The first game I ended up with a Sephy hack, then the next Sasuske hack. :< My spacing has never been so terrible

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah i had that sephiroth texture in mind when I said that. i dont think stuff like that should be allowed, it literally changes the way you play the game I would imagine

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i wanna check out some tink textures now ive actually never seen any come to think of it.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
He did well at Wes's tournament if that's what you're referring to. I had a feeling I would have a tough time with him, and I was right. He's mad good.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The system will have to put him down before he can start an uprising. He cannot be allowed to become,... the one.

In other news, I'm mad hype about going to Cincinnati this weekend instead of telling myself I'd travel and then not doing it for the umpteenth time.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah dont get into the habbit of saying youll do stuff and then not do it, ryryk

i always do that :(

stick to it son and rise up!!

Top Bottom