• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I am so dead tired right now that I've left MI's hotel room to go sleep, but at least I made it to the Midwest so I can spread some Atlantic Salt.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
have a blast you guys :D
i wish it was a streamed tourney, im literally not doing anything today and would watch it probably. someone get on here and link me if its streamed plz :)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
is there videos of the tournament uploaded yet?

imo the funny thing is that brawl brinstar is actually the least ******** of all of the brinstars and it is still an unbelievably ridiculous stage. i remember doing wifi metaknight dittos there when people would take me to game three on the ladder when i mained mk. i swear i use to do one of those a day at least.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That was so much ****ing fun. I'm kidnapping John and Ben the next time I have an opportunity for an OoS trip.

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I barely made money, yeah.

Really fun stuff.

Why is it that every match I play on the livestream/recorded out-of-state involves me losing? :(

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I wanted to go, I really did. I just have obligations, man.
Next time, I won't decide that I'm making there be a way for me to go the Monday before that weekend. Waffling leaves me sitting at home. We'll plan this **** out.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
A lot of people are starting to think that Marth beats Snake. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
But how is Marth supposed to kill Snake?
this comment seems to imply that marth has trouble killing people lol

snake lives long in general obv, but i think marth has an easier than average time killing snake than most characters because he has juggles and frame traps, and a basic punish that does 15-20 percent each time and also its really easy for marth to slap snake out of his recovery. so basically he builds damage dumb fast (sort of like snake lol). so yeah snake will be at 180 percent but he'll get there really quick.

marth can also punish you pretty hard if you recover wrong, and i'm eating a lot of tippered fsmashes on wifi, but i'm probably just spacing bad because its wifi.

the matchup is weird because I really feel like all snake can do is run away and wait for the marth to make a mistake. most snake matchups involve snake getting in relatively close and going HAM on their souls. and doing cool stuff like catching their midair jump with one of my broken aerials. but Marth is the quintessential GTFO character. Fair. beats. everything. and also is lagless on landing. and combos into stuff. AND KILLS WTF

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
is that a results page?

if so, im really really happy with GA/AL for outplacing Tearbear and some other REALLY REALLY overhyped players who i legimately am not fond of.

ALSO MaRTH HAS A TIPPER ON AT LEEEAST 10 of HIS MOVES LOOOL TIper uptilt tipper fsmash obvs tipper fair tipper bair tipper dair, tipper nair LMAAO

*Cam*

Smash Lord
The ASL TOs are having a skype meeting at 8 'o' clock central time to discuss several important things that have come up in the last few weeks. If you want to participate in the meeting, add me on skype and I'll include you. My skype name is ThunderMouse7900. We always welcome outside opinions, so you don't just have to be a passive listener in the meeting.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i never gave much thought to that MU before. i guess marth could really punish falco's ground game though so i could see it being hard. is that a big issue in that MU? but t1j i seen your marth you should use him more when its advantageous to do so. marth is a kind of character imo thats like DDD. even if you just have a semi-decent, basic marth, its still gonna be tournament viable at it's worst. it could pick you up some wins against characters that have a hard time vs. him.

if anyone wonders why alll my posts are always edits, i always have several typos. i type with only my two index fingers. anyone else here not know how to type? :)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I was forced to learn to type in high school.

I think Marth's the best character in a MK banned game.
But I still don't think he's dumb like MK or Falco for some reason. I think its just because i kinda know how to fight him.

but yeah Marth is really easy to play lol. and the two characters that i'm *** against, falco and pikachu, marth does well against. I always do HORRIBLE when I try him on wifi though. but he's just hard to play on wifi. for me at least.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah i dont really reread >_>

and yeah marth is kinda trashy on wifi for several reasons. the most prominent being a bad recovery in lag imo

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i usually don't give a **** about typos I just leave em in unless comprehension is at stake.

and i usually just double post if i want to add something lol

Top Bottom