• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You know how Doc's Dthrow works? In the G&W match-up, and only the G&W match-up, port priorty determines whether or not the Dthrow will act normally or if he'll just hit the ground and stick like he was being thrown by a spacie.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i wanna change my name to just "sha" but smashboards doesnt let you do that but i think thatd be cool pretty cooollll

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i mean, does smashboards let you change your name and keep your original account? or would i have to make a new account?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think im going to get back into skateboarding but how do i actually become a good skater without turning into a conceded brain dead douche bag? im just really worried thatll happen to me the better i get at skateboarding lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think im going to get back into skateboarding but how do i actually become a good skater without turning into a conceded brain dead douche bag? im just really worried thatll happen to me the better i get at skateboarding lol
just don't hang out with the douchey skaters
in bham at least, there's kind of two skateboard "cliques". one group who literally all dress the same and are all raging douches. then there's another group of dudes who are much cooler and they're less like a dorky street gang just some chill potheads that happen to skate basically lol

or you could just learn by yourself.
its more about the scene than it is just learning to skate haha

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah i just dont wanna get into that scene again.
and skateboarding is more about that than skating. so i think ill just skate by myself.
a couple potheads longboard in montevallo and they invite me sooo im just gonna skate with them on my short board haha. they all dont give a **** about short boarding so its kind of nice.

its really fun and ive always just enjoyed skating. the reason i quit was because of th scene

i just wanna be a person that happens to do stuff. make music. skate. play video games. etc.
i dont wanna be a label ever again. i just wanna be myself. unfortunately most of the world isnt really into that.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
The only person that seems somewhat interested is TMKLB, and the best way would be from AiB imo.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i went to a SRK tournament and it made me realize one thing by the end of the day.

how much i take all of you for granted.

always remember no matter how mean i am to you or whatever that is just how i am with my friends and i wouldnt rather be a part of any other community in the world and also i really do <3 every single person in the AL smash community. i love you guys.
re read this message over and over again after you read all the other posts i will make in the future hating on alabama lol

k but i seriously mean this dudes.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
i went to a SRK tournament and it made me realize one thing by the end of the day.

always remember no matter how mean i am to you or whatever that is just how i am with my friends and i wouldnt rather be a part of any other community in the world and also i really do <3 every single person in the AL smash community. i love you guys.
re read this message over and over again after you read all the other posts i will make in the future hating on alabama lol

Yeah, basically this.
You guys are all awesome, which is part of the reason I wanted to be a part of y'all's community instead of FL.
When I went down to Tampa once and met a bunch of our people, they were pretty douchey.
Y'all are waaaay nicer!
So thanks for annexing P'cola.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I definitely agree with that. Some of these states have a rough, almost hostile way of spending time with each other. That's one of my biggest issues with a lot of video game communities in general. A lot of the top level players feel like they're in some sort of exclusive club and aren't very friendly or helpful.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We're all so chill though and just like to have fun instead of constantly downing or verbally abusing others. I mean xD we want more people to be with us since we play a party game after all.

Unless you're me and Jason. Then we troll newbies on doubles.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i would be the exception to the chillness i feel like haha. but i wanna work on that, as always.

plus, all they did was talk **** about smash at that tourney also.

this one guy said he was better than smashboards because he got damage off on my metaknight with his mario, because mario is in bottom two (wasnt aware of that, but i guess he enlightened me to that subject) of the tier list supposedly and since smash is so broken then he basically was better than the whole community bc he got damage off on a community mk. he also said that ic chaingrabs and ddd chaingrabs were banned. to which i said they werent. to which he said. "well in real smash tournaments theyre banned."

and then one guy completely discredited smash as a fighting game while telling me "oh cool nice crossup" and "sweet nice bait and read" or "nice mix up" during our matches, then afterwards during an interview thing they did he was like "yeah smash doesnt really have any fighting attributes unless your mk then your fighting attribute is win"

im just like, do you guys not get that i am part of a community that you arent so i kind of know whats up more than you. i mean... i would never make such remarkable claims about marvel, its a game im not involved with. i mean, thats just me being reasonable and trying not to act like an ignorant douche. i thoguht communitys were aware that other communitys exist?

there was alot more ignorant smash talk to which i couldnt discredit any of it because i was like "no thats wrong" and they were like "no dude... trust me.... its right. we know whats up. we play marvel. you dont."

its just painful to listen to all of them and have all of them discredit my knowledge of tiers, legal rulesets, and gameplay even though i am a ranked participant in the smash community, just because they play a game that is "better". no logic in that whatsoever, just 100 percent douche.
and then that draws me to believe that they literally expect you to act like that or your not cool because no one would adhere to any logical conversation whatsoever, even the SRK people "interested" in smash. so i think its more of a social thing to be an ignorant douche in SRK which is kind of dumb and annoying.

but thats not why they made me grateful for you guys. they just did. i prefer you guys and would never want to be a part of any other community and not just cuz they bash smash either.

i had always heard of fighting game communitys hating on smash and im a member of a couple online comminities that are just as douchey as the next video game community. but this was just too much, they were just straight up being ******* contributing to a ****** state of mind.

aloha is like super god of wisdom compared to the rest of SRK community. props dude.

Aloha

Smash Cadet

okay which srk tourny did you attend? slam i would agree with you on that except you cant base your hypothesis or judgement base on a group or a few people! ive found some great people in srk that are friendly and is willing to answer questions and help you or a person get better! srk and the smash community is so different in that the competitive level is so much more great in srk than smash! people are more hard core junkies and will do whateva it takes to get better! again its like college football vs the nfl

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
I don't agree with anything you said Aloha, but I will say this.

Anyone who hasn't played smash before SF/Marvel/other games will not respect it and that is that. I'm thankful that I played smash as, like you guys said, it helped me meet a lot of really cool, chill people that (just like the other fighting games) just end up wanting to have fun playing a video game at a competitive level.

I personally think it is funny that a lot of people in the other communities trash talk smash without even knowing as much as I do (not a lot). It's even funnier that they will still have smash setups at some tournies.

In the end, haters gunna hate.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
I don't agree with anything you said Aloha, but I will say this.

Anyone who hasn't played smash before SF/Marvel/other games will not respect it and that is that. I'm thankful that I played smash as, like you guys said, it helped me meet a lot of really cool, chill people that (just like the other fighting games) just end up wanting to have fun playing a video game at a competitive level.

I personally think it is funny that a lot of people in the other communities trash talk smash without even knowing as much as I do (not a lot). It's even funnier that they will still have smash setups at some tournies.

In the end, haters gunna hate.
shut up john lol!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah theyre just trash talking but they dont know anything lol

aloha i wasnt talking about SRK being more competitve than us.
again... it gets brought back to how i am trash because i play smash.... cool dude.

but really, you dont see any of us trash talking any SRK games like we know anything about them. ever. that will literally never happen ever. you know why? i dont. but i can only assume its cuz we're better and more intellegent people when it comes to gaming and not just gonna talk out of our @ss all the time likeeee
"hype trash talk cool we cool bro come @ us u suck loool hype hype where da hype!!!"
thats not hardcore, thats just being dumb. hype doesnt = harcore. saying youre hardcore doesnt = hardcore.

Top Bottom