• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
55:45 is a slight advantage. One character will have superior spacing options, will have a move that answers many of the opponent's moves easily, or will have kill moves that kill earlier than the opponent. The character with a disadvantage must read his opponent more often than his opponent reads him, or otherwise outplay him slightly to win.

60:40 is a solid advantage. One character has a superior ground/aerial game, clearly outlives the other character while killing the other character early, edgeguards the opponent well, or has a move that the other character will be hard pressed to punish. The character with a disadvantage must RELY on reads to keep up and win, and although the reads don't need to be as significant as a Snake F-smash, they need to be fairly good reads.

65:35 is a filler ratio, used only in specific match ups (in my opinion).

70:30 is a soft counter to me. It means the disadvantaged opponent must rely on scattered hard reads and MU knowledge to be able to even keep up with his opponent. The advantaged character has a move that shuts down a portion of the other's moveset, has a gimmick that the other character cannot easily get around, dominates on the ground or in the air, and holds their own on the other (for example, dominating on the ground and keeping up in the air), or edgeguards extremely well, forcing gimps at high levels of play.

75:25 is another filler ratio.

80:20 is a hard counter. The advantaged character has a COMBINATION of the traits listed above, forcing the disadvantaged character to constantly out-think his opponent, relying on hard reads and far superior MU knowledge to even stand a chance. At the top level of play, the disadvantaged character must FORCE the advantaged character to play "in their house", so to speak. If the advantaged character doesn't take the bait, and plays as they should, the disadvantaged character simply should not win.

Anything more is unwinnable.
Though I don't think a 0:100 MU exists in Brawl.
ICs:Ganon is supposed to be 100:0, but Kakera lost to a Ganon in Japan. -.-
You're always going to have to outplay your opponent to win. The exceptions are the counters, when you don't have to outplay your opponent to win. If I have a character exactly the same as yours but with a 3 frame faster grab, I'm gonna have to outplay you to win the game. However, when a marth plays a mewtwo, they hardly have to try to dominate.

Looking at the smashboards MU charts, its clear that mistakes were made.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Long time, senior Will.

I'm in Madison now permanently. I had no idea scourge was up in and it it here.
We played yesterday Munkus. Get in the facbook group. That's where most of AL does its initial gathering from.
Scourge is in the Madison crew? He never comes to smashfests though...

That being said, the Madison crew is amazing and you should join their facebook group so you can know when they are playing.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
4-6 Matchup in street fighter is hardly anything. It just means the character has better tools, but that hardly means the 6 character should win.

I honestly think matchup EXPERIENCE is way more important than knowing the specific matchup strategies.

You can read all day, but I think experience is always going to prevail. You can't learn to ride a bike by reading type of deal.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
This is in really ****ing bad taste seeing as it's 9/11. I don't like posts like that under any circumstances.
i just went to some hipster 9/11 party last night.
they had twin tower pinatas and an osama bin ladin look alike contest
we all talked about where we were when the towers fell and shared our sob stories the irony was out of control
i literally love things like this.

and plus, how many people can say theyve been to a 9/11 party?

i think my friend is gonna have a tuscaloosa tornado party also from inspiration of this one.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
so Nine inch nails are pretty sick. I had only heard a handful of their stuff, but today i've listened to various songs from several albums & really like what i've heard.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i know some people that like them.
youd probably like Deftones, raf. but ive never really listened to them other than this one time they made a Witch House album which is like this big newish genre and they just totally bit off every artist in that genre's style and then made it all polished up and not even all that witch housey.
its like seeing something happen and "getting" it enough to go put some Witch Housey pictures up and name your song names something that seems kinda With Housey but completely missing the point and substance behind the music. it was just dreadful.

but i know fans of NiN they have a pretty cult following.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I rewatched Lion King about two weeks ago.

I cried when Simba was telling Mufasa to wake up.

Don't ****ing judge me.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
NIN is sooo good. You listen to A Perfect Circle, yes? (specifically "Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums")

I'm rather salty about having to miss the smash fest D: ****ing History class.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Deftones are one of my favorite bands. My wife got me listening to them, (she made me a C.D. in highschool, because I liked one of their songs). She got me listening to them, but she hates them lol. Funny how things work out :awesome:
yeah i wish my girlfriend would listen to anything except miley cyrus and lil wayne.

have you listened to Thrice, raf?
they use to tour with deftones alot.

i mean, im not a fan of any of this music though, jus sayin that for no misinterpretations.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
do you play melee or brawl, sunrisewhatever?
ill gladly play with you if youre originally OoS.
where are you from?

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
I play melee, albeit I haven't played for a long time. I am from Alabama, but I never had people to play with in my tiny hometown. I have a friend who "plays" as well, but he more or less just knows the terminology of the game without being able to execute hardly any of it.

I maaaaay be able to play this weekend, but I am not sure yet. Next week should be pretty quiet as far as classes go, so I will keep you fellas posted.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah, i have alot of friends that are the same way.
regretably though, i play brawl :(
you live kinda close to me though

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hey, would anyone in Alabama be able to house me, Matt, and Emily for the day before AWA? The plan seems to be leave Friday and spend night smashing with people, go to AWA the next day, spend night somewhere in Georgia (or back in AL, idk), then leave for NC on Sunday.

This is all assuming we're still able to go, that is.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I for one didn't know that Birmingham was on the way to Atlanta from North Carolina, but yeah, I can probably house you, though I was thinking about asking BBQ for some housing (remember last time on the way to nerdacon? lolol)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
loooooool, Emily slept in the car, like, the whole day. We could sleep at BBQs, I guess. By the way, we wanted to come to Alabama to see you guys, not for convenience, lol.

By the way, I suck phallus at and dislike Melee now.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
loooooool, Emily slept in the car, like, the whole day. We could sleep at BBQs, I guess. By the way, we wanted to come to Alabama to see you guys, not for convenience, lol.
Well then, we need to have a Zero-coming fest of love. Or just everyone go to AWA to meet you.

By the way, I suck phallus at and dislike Melee now.
Makes sense to me.

j00t

Smash Champion
Little did I know. I now have a great respect for anal-hair. Like everything in this world God created, it has its mighty purpose in existence. It was only after I had removed it that I started to learn how much I had been taking it for granted. For one, it provides friction. I learned this the next day, when I walked out into the sun heading for class. After climbing two flights of stairs and starting to sweat, I started to notice something unpleasant. The sweat was accumulating in my crack, and was causing the unpleasant sensation of my two asscheeks sliding past each other with every step. I thought about going to the bathroom and wiping it off, but had to get to class. Eventually, I
thought, it would dry. Unfortunately, it did dry, but only after mingling with the microscopic poop -molecules lingering around my brown starfish. When I stood up after class, my cheeks were stuck together with a slimy sticky poop/sweat combination. As I made my way back to my dorm, it started to itch. God-DAMN, did it itch! Felt like a swarm of ants was making its way up and down my crack. Fighting to keep from jamming my hand down there
and scratching away, I rushed back to the dorm. Unfortunately, this exertion caused me to sweat, and when I finally
reached my room, my cheeks were sliding back and forth against each other like a pair of horny cane-toads. I quickly dropped my pants, and attempted to dry my *** off by sticking it in front of a fan and spreading my cheeks.

As I pulled the two mounds of flesh apart, a horrible stench burst free and filled the room. Every dog within a 4 block radius started to howl. I had it worst of all, as the ripe aroma of festering poop/sweat went into the fan and blew back into my face. I fought to keep from heaving. And as I sat there, fighting vomit, my *** cheeks spread and dripping, with the concentrated aroma of my body odor mixed with the tangy smell of my own poop blowing right into my face, I had only one thought: "It will be like this until the hair grows back. Weeks." Later on, trying to deal as best I could, wiping my *** at every opportunity, I discovered another wonderful use for ***-hair - ventilation. I attempted to launch a fart, only to have it get stuck between my asscheeks.

Apparently, with no hair, the two pink twins can get vacuum sealed together, and the result was a frustrating fart that slid up and down between my cheeks like a lost gerbil. As if that wasn't
enough, I am now enduring further torture. As anyone who has ever shaved anything knows, when hair is first growing in, it comes in as stubble. Imagine your *** having the texture of a brillo pad.

Well, that is what I am dealing with now. It is a hellish torture, and there are many times when I just look out the window and contemplate why I shouldn't just jump out and get it all over with in one fleshy splat, rather than endure this constant agony.
Best AL thread post of the year.

Top Bottom