• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
:-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

yall mean

im keeping it tho.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also i guess im not going to MS cuz i dont play melee and all the rest of the people going do.
soo maybe daphne

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hey, guys. The move has gone by smoothly.

My family still pisses me off, just like old times.

NC is still free.

I'm so lazy, I still haven't done my shout outs to y'all, but they are being written.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ugh two days of Madness in Montgomery and I'm soo glad to be home.

Good News: I'm officially a Marine now, swore in Yesterday and it felt pretty good.
(btw Serin, stayed at this hotel called Embassy Suites and was some pretty good stuff. You guys have a lot of hotels like this down there?)

Bad News: As a Marine I have to do mandatory practices on the first Saturday of EVERY Month. But since it was New years last Saturday it is being made up THIS Saturday. Meaning I have a 0% Chance of seeing Winnar this weekend *sadface*.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Ugh two days of Madness in Montgomery and I'm soo glad to be home.

Good News: I'm officially a Marine now, swore in Yesterday and it felt pretty good.
(btw Serin, stayed at this hotel called Embassy Suites and was some pretty good stuff. You guys have a lot of hotels like this down there?)
dude. that is some serious stuff kola. i hope you dont die. lol
my dad is a recruiter and he puts people in that hotel all the time.
just wanted to point out a relation.
also i love downtown montgomery.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
The Renaissance is better, but is hella expensive. And yeah, we do.
O: Such nice hotels....Is there something in that City worth staying in a hotel though? I didn't get to see much, just some nice old fashioned buildings on my way down to the Airforce base.

dude. that is some serious stuff kola. i hope you dont die. lol
my dad is a recruiter and he puts people in that hotel all the time.
just wanted to point out a relation.
also i love downtown montgomery.
8D I'm too clever to die haha. But yeah :x I hope I don't either, I want a future after I'm done serving...heh

Winnar

Smash Lord
O: Such nice hotels....Is there something in that City worth staying in a hotel though? I didn't get to see much, just some nice old fashioned buildings on my way down to the Airforce base.

8D I'm too clever to die haha. But yeah :x I hope I don't either, I want a future after I'm done serving...heh
Just get a percent lead and plank the ledge

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
also i guess im not going to MS cuz i dont play melee and all the rest of the people going do.
soo maybe daphne
SLAM~ My brother is planning on going to the Daphne tournament. It would be great if we can get 3 cars going to this ( 1 from Bham, 1 from Phenix City, 1 from Auburn).

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Thought I'd let you guys know that the gaming organization on the UA campus will be running a Brawl tournament during PixelCon this year. I'm going to be organizing it in part so I'd like to make prizes available. However, most ABXY members aren't very competitive so I need to keep entry fees(if any) low to keep interest up, so prize money won't be much.

Right now all I can tell you for sure is it's on Saturday, January 29th. Last year it was in the Ferguson Center ball room. I'll keep you guys posted with rules and times, and I'll see if we can get some space for Melee friendlies/tournament as well.

While I'm on the subject, plans for the campus weekly events are to keep it as it was. That is Thursday nights from 6 or 7 to 10 we will run small (free) Brawl tournaments and play Brawl/Melee/64(!) friendlies in the Ferguson Center game room. We use standard double-elimination tourney rules. Usual turnout is around 10-14 people. If you live anywhere near the University of Alabama campus, or go to school here, please stop by! We have some moderately skilled players but honestly we really need more and better players.

Phew, man, that felt like a novel. I really want to make UA smash nights work again. They started out strong last semester, but by December the weeklies fell apart since our last organizer got way too swamped.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Wumpus~ there's a Brawl tournament in Birmingham on the same day as Pixelcon this year. However, on the 22nd there is a tournament in Daphne AL. There's going to be both Brawl & Melee, so it would be cool if the Tuscaloosa players could organize a carpool :D

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
I'll see if we can't get that to happen. That'd be excellent! And I'd rather not conflict with the Birmingham thing, so if you're going to one that day, pick the Birmingham tourney instead, please. We can keep the PixelCon tourney more approachable/casual that way =P

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wumpus~ there's a Brawl tournament in Birmingham on the same day as Pixelcon this year. However, on the 22nd there is a tournament in Daphne AL. There's going to be both Brawl & Melee, so it would be cool if the Tuscaloosa players could organize a carpool :D
Seriously, let us know in advance and we'll see about making some housing happen if Tuscaloosa does come down.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD Great one IHSB

Oh and I've got to send a hype message on AiB tonight for the AL group for the upcoming tournaments. :x Ryker remind me.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Nevermind on the sleep over idea. My roommates are having a get together Friday. Hopefully I won't be too hung over for the tournament on Saturday.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
SLAM~ My brother is planning on going to the Daphne tournament. It would be great if we can get 3 cars going to this ( 1 from Bham, 1 from Phenix City, 1 from Auburn).
sweet. i will provide the car from birmingham. :oneeye:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
xD Great one IHSB

Oh and I've got to send a hype message on AiB tonight for the AL group for the upcoming tournaments. :x Ryker remind me.
You need Skype so I can bother you.

Also, anyone who plays TF2 should add GSRyker. I'm enjoying that game a lot.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
You need Skype so I can bother you.

Also, anyone who plays TF2 should add GSRyker. I'm enjoying that game a lot.
It's pretty awesome, at least in a competitive environment.. not a fan of public server cluster****s. I'll add you though, I'm CaptainCrunch on steam.

And I'll definitely see if we can get a carpool for the Daphne tournaments. I might not be able to make it, but some others might want to go.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm just starting and everyone telling me that Demo is top 3 most difficult classes can go die. Simply learn how to use the sticky gun and he becomes dirt easy. You don't have to aim.

He's also the only class I can keep up with.

I'm trying to reach a competitive level because that's how I try and play, but I know I'm not there yet because I've only been playing for 4 days. I can do well in pub play, but the people I know who play competitively can still wreck me with all but their worst classes.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
when is the daphne tournament again? im too lazy to look idk man somone just tell me. heh

Top Bottom