• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm just starting and everyone telling me that Demo is top 3 most difficult classes can go die. Simply learn how to use the sticky gun and he becomes dirt easy. You don't have to aim.

He's also the only class I can keep up with.

I'm trying to reach a competitive level because that's how I try and play, but I know I'm not there yet because I've only been playing for 4 days. I can do well in pub play, but the people I know who play competitively can still wreck me with all but their worst classes.
I like scout :)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
when i get my computer up i'll be on TF2 alot again.

SNIPAA 4 LIFE

sniper, scout, and demo are really the only classes that i enjoy playing, and snipers the only one im decent it

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm just starting and everyone telling me that Demo is top 3 most difficult classes can go die. Simply learn how to use the sticky gun and he becomes dirt easy. You don't have to aim.

He's also the only class I can keep up with.

I'm trying to reach a competitive level because that's how I try and play, but I know I'm not there yet because I've only been playing for 4 days. I can do well in pub play, but the people I know who play competitively can still wreck me with all but their worst classes.
Hey, a game I actually play.

moogle

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCIUf8eYPqA

So to my knowledge we have 6 Alabamians wanting to attend the Starkville tournament this weekend: Chad, Cheap, Duchock, mslano, Will_, and me. My car is designed to hold 5 people. What do we dooooo?

The other thing: pretty sure Chad, mslano, and I aren't interested in making it there by 9-10am for Brawl. But you other 3 peoples might be. Let me know.
yo huntsville, you can stay at my place tomorrow night. Driving two hours extra in the morning doesnt seem fun.
I may accept, especially if we're making it in time for Brawl.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I would prefer it if we were there for brawl, idk about Will or Duchock. I know Will is pretty good at it.

And I suspect we can squeeze, we have at least 4 thin people.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
so are any of you Bham guys trying to get with slam about getting a ride to Resist 2???? Yall need to get at him, so we can have a good turnout!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
the squeezing is only from Tuscaloosa to the tourny.

If not, I guess we can take two separate cars.

If any other b'ham or Tuscaloosa people want to go, this might be your chance.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ugh...fine. I just hate long car rides.

Slam how much will gas money be for the Mobile trip?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'll take this time to graciously back out of going then. It's been a long week. I don't actually play Smash any more anyways. Even though I love you guys (so much), I don't think I'll be able to drag myself out to Starkville.

I had a revelation today. An epiphany maybe. It involved the DDR X2 machine in Bumpernets at the mall.

Turns out the model they have is a prototype X2. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone. They're replacing it with the actual model next week. It's only one of two places in the US that has a machine. And they got it only a few days ago.

Jesus Christ this machine is so good.

I wish the world still played DDR.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'll take this time to graciously back out of going then. It's been a long week. I don't actually play Smash any more anyways. Even though I love you guys (so much), I don't think I'll be able to drag myself out to Starkville.
ugh, I knew you would post this after I saw that 6/5 spots were filled.

Well, you'll miss my sexy ness, who I'll be playing for the majority of the tournaments (except against sheiks). You can still go, I'll split gas with you. We are the closest people the starkville anyways.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
ugh, I knew you would post this after I saw that 6/5 spots were filled.

Well, you'll miss my sexy ness, who I'll be playing for the majority of the tournaments (except against sheiks). You can still go, I'll split gas with you. We are the closest people the starkville anyways.
I laughed at Russ's last ditch attempt to convince Duchok to go to MS :)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
where do you live kola?
aigt ill take yall
and idk maybe 10 dollars each or something.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
where do you live kola?
aigt ill take yall
and idk maybe 10 dollars each or something.
Do you guys need housing or are you going to leave and come back that day? We'll need some advance warning to try and make it happen as our space is limited.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
what happenend to the YLYL thread???

ok im not going to the tournament tomorrow anymore because I have a date with a relatively uninteresting hot girl who i believe will give some sex afterward.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
umm idk if we need housing or not.
its up to kola and aloha cuz idc if we stay or not.

moogle

Smash Ace
Cheap, call me or mslano!

Will_ says he can't leave tonight, so I see one of these scenarios happening:

1. We leave tonight and stay at Cheap's place (or mslano's place). We leave Bham around 7-8am, potentially picking up Duchock in Tuscaloosa, and arriving in Starkville in time for Brawl.
2. Same as option 1, but we leave Birmingham later (noonish) and make it in time for Melee doubles.
3. We leave Huntsville tomorrow morning with Will_, pick up Cheap, and make it to Starkville by 2-3pm for Melee doubles.

Chad and mslano seem to want to leave tonight.

So Mr. Duchock, I offer another opportunity: if we leave Huntsville tonight, we could pick you up tomorrow.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You're the driver, any situation that makes it fine with you the better.

Oh and I live in Hoover, Aloha is in like....Helena right? Which is closest to you Slam?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'm undecided. It certainly would be a nice trip. But if Will_ wants to come, I don't want to be the determining factor that pushes him out.

So I guess it's a tentative yes. Call me for directions to my place once ya'll get near ttown.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I wish the world still played DDR.
Chad and I will be happy to play with you somehow :D

Though I don't think there's a machine in starkville anywhere lol

I'm undecided. It certainly would be a nice trip. But if Will_ wants to come, I don't want to be the determining factor that pushes him out.

So I guess it's a tentative yes. Call me for directions to my place once ya'll get near ttown.
also yaaaaaay :D

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Survived and passed the IST this weekend wooo

Give your dad my regards Will

Bham,Huntsville people.....Do work in Starkville!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
elev8 gonna win starksville. even tho he isnt going.

helena is closer to me kola so ill just pick him up then you prolly i guess. man i need a GPS forreeeal

Top Bottom