• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Melee people are going somewhere right? When is that, what is the expected turnout/cost? Where is the thread? Are melee and brawl singles running simultaneously?

Winnar

Smash Lord
9:00 AM - Brawl Singles Registration
10:00 AM - Brawl Singles Pools, then Brawl Singles Bracket starts immediately after pools finish
12:00 PM - Lunch Break
1:00 PM - Finish Brawl Singles Bracket
2:00 PM - Melee Registration
3:00 PM - Melee Doubles starts
6:00 PM - Dinner Break
7:00 PM - Melee Singles Pools starts, Melee Singles Bracket starts immediately after pools finish
$5 entry fee, $2 venue fee (goes to the club on campus to buy tvs and a capture card for future tournaments). Low entry fee because we're trying to encourage local blood to come out so we can build a scene here

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291341

Winnar

Smash Lord
9:00 AM - Brawl Singles Registration
10:00 AM - Brawl Singles Pools, then Brawl Singles Bracket starts immediately after pools finish
12:00 PM - Lunch Break
1:00 PM - Finish Brawl Singles Bracket
2:00 PM - Melee Registration
3:00 PM - Melee Doubles starts
6:00 PM - Dinner Break
7:00 PM - Melee Singles Pools starts, Melee Singles Bracket starts immediately after pools finish
Just talked with VTS about schedule stuff, does this look good to you dudes? If anyone can see any problems with this then definitely let me know now

Twinster

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the info Ryan. I think Gamebox is on the 29th, but i'm not positive
Yeah gamebox will be on the 29th and once George gets back into town I am sure he will get some information and post it.

Also, Kola, do you think you will be at the gamebox tournament?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
My brother, myself, and some GA players are looking into going to the G6 monthly in Concord NC. They are having both Melee/Brawl. Looks like they are going to have good turnouts for both games. Anyone in AL interested in going?

moogle

Smash Ace
I'm around an 80-90% chance to go to Starkville this weekend. Chad appears to want to go too. Not sure about any other Huntsville people.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'll be back in ttown by this weekend. If there are passerthroughers I'm all for car pools.

Edit: Yes. You should pick me up Moogle. Winkyface.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
When and where is this? I'll be back at UA next weekend and I can pitch in for gas or whatever for a carpool if you're going through Tuscaloosa anyways.

:edit:
Nevermind, I found the info. I won't be in until Sunday so I'll have to make the next big one.

In the meantime, how many of y'all are able to get to Tuscaloosa if I were to organize a tourney in the next month or so? I'm getting the UA Brawl group expanded to include Melee/64 and it'd be awesome if we could get a biggish thing happening.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
idk
mobile.... or ms?
i already told skaterbaj id team with him for mobile though

lol i may make the trip by myself if no one else is going. i prolly look weird to yall but i forreal do like the open road and clearing my mind i dont mind traveling by myself. who all is going to mobile> anyone from birmingham?

Winnar

Smash Lord
When and where is this? I'll be back at UA next weekend and I can pitch in for gas or whatever for a carpool if you're going through Tuscaloosa anyways.

:edit:
Nevermind, I found the info. I won't be in until Sunday so I'll have to make the next big one.

In the meantime, how many of y'all are able to get to Tuscaloosa if I were to organize a tourney in the next month or so? I'm getting the UA Brawl group expanded to include Melee/64 and it'd be awesome if we could get a biggish thing happening.
I'd be interested :D

oh? you guys have lee martin going? hmmmmmmmmmmmm
lol Lee said he'd be at our tournament in MS this weekend last I talked to him

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
It just occurred to me. If you guys driving down from Huntsville or Bham want to crash at my place in ttown the night before the tournament, well that'd be just great. There's plenty of room and I'm sure my roomies would have no qualms.

Just lemmeh know

Will_

Smash Journeyman
There's a comedian/impressionist named George Kirby.

Hey Andy, I might want to go to this tourney.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
It just occurred to me. If you guys driving down from Huntsville or Bham want to crash at my place in ttown the night before the tournament, well that'd be just great. There's plenty of room and I'm sure my roomies would have no qualms.
I'm up for it.

Top Bottom