• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Me, Rag, and Jin are considering going to WaBa this weekend because the planets have aligned and we all have the Saturday off. Anyone going to be there?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
what time are you leaving on friday?

im scheduled to work friday and sunday, but i may be able to fandangle some ****

i sould be able to get that sunday off. friday will be more difficult

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Me, Rag, and Jin are considering going to WaBa this weekend because the planets have aligned and we all have the Saturday off. Anyone going to be there?
ME!!!!!! >:D

It should have a pretty good turnout. I expect to see you there so we can do $1 random MMs :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well, if we want to do something it's that or Orlando. So it's not bad in comparison.

And to steal from another topic to consolidate my posting.

Mobile is too far, I've no interest in going
Screw you too! We end up driving to Auburn and Birmingham to play you guys. >: [

On a, slightly, more serious note, someone kidnap that jerk and take him down to Mobile. I want to MM him.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
aight guys, i've started collecting data for an objective alabama ranking system
it measures how well you do against other alabama players and ignores how you do against out of state players and also ignores your tournament placings.
basically if you win, you rating goes up. if you lose, you rrating goes down.
if you lose to a high ranked player your score goes down less than it would against a low ranked player. etc you get the idea.

so if you run a tournament, it would be nice if you could provide brackets

also if you do a serious money match with an alabama players let me know.

i've collected all the data from gamebox and ausom, and thats only 2 tournaments, its gonna take a while for everything to flesh out...although its already starting to come together. the top four already are reflex, geo, elev8 and billy

naturally if you go to more tournaments you'll have a better chance at getting a higher ranking

also if you play more active alabama people you'll have a better chance too.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I believe George wants to go. Not sure if he has enough people to go with him, however.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Screw you too! We end up driving to Auburn and Birmingham to play you guys. >: [
xD

I don't have a say in it, if we have a ride there then I'll go. : P I'm still that guy that can't drive anywhere because of parent johns.

Uhhh Waba this weekend sounds nice. I'll see if I can grab some funds, if Zero is up for it though.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Ignore that post, George get the **** over to Zero's, Kola is already over there.

Zero says this.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Ok who all in this thread is going to waba 2mrw?

I'm w/o a partner and I really needa teamate or I'm not attending lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i guess that AL ranking system works.

it seems like Oos and and all that stuff should count though. but im pretty clueless on how rankings work.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
As I said in the pr thread, I'm not trying to replace the ranking system. I like the panel system maybe I'm the only one. This is just for informational and interest purposes only.

Also I'm good to go for mlg yayaya

Also who wants to team at the Bham tourney. Preferably someone that will help me win monies :)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah but at the same time it makes sense to just keep it stricly AL for the AL pr lol

idk

ill team with you if you cant find a better partner
i play mk so...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Slam we could take doubles if we out our minds to it. I'm thinking of trying mk in dubs but my problem is that when I play mk I feel like I'm superman and get real aggro and end up doing stupid stuff lol

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Turns out I won't be coming to Alabama this weekend due to parent johns and change of plans :(.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yaaaaaaaay for Zero internetz

Now give me sources on where I can find nice Arcana Heart pictures, because I've no luck at all

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
its only teh loli characters anyways....so no?

i picked up NANA btw...

and CLANNAD

and i cant find enouf privacy to watch Panty & Stocking(ep 3 and 4 are just wayyy too much lol)

and im bored now.

lastly, hope you got room in your car saturday :p

dress up as something racist.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
idk if ima go to a tourney on haloween weekend forreal.
when do you think itll end?
i gotta be back before night time.

my dream is for everyone to one day pick up mk.

IT FEEEEELSS SOOO GOOOODDD

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Honestly tho I don't mk is THAT fun to play. Except against lvl 9s lol And he's hard for my flabby fingers to control. I always glide when I don't mean too and do accidental upsmashes and ****

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Dude it's a Bham Tourney like 10 ppl wil show up and it'll be over before the sun goes down lol
You're ********.

I can't stand you and Slam constantly belittling every tournament in Alabama not hosted by George. It's ******** and though you might think it's funny or something, all you're doing is killing the hype and killing the tournament. If you think a tournament isn't going to have a great turnout just STFU and don't post about it having a low turnout because, in the end, you are factor in why a tournament is what you claim.
/rage quit.

Top Bottom