• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Twinster wants to come. Nu said he'd ask off of work tonight. Joot, if you come, there better be people with you.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD My brothers and half the people chewed me out today for wearing purple. I didn't know supporting gays caused such a problem when being straight. Blah

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
http://vimeo.com/14192386

56 seconds into it is when the best pep talk ever begins.

tl;dw:
Mike Rowe from the Discovery Channel's Dirty Jobs talks to Alabama about the importance of doing hard labor in the construction industry and encourages it as if it's a cake walk sort of job that is stable enough to be considered a career.

Begin best pep talk and fake encouragement of a good, long lasting career:
"...I've had over 300 dirty jobs and been fired from every single one of them..."
*Check

End with 'witty' rhyming words of wisdom that implies you'll have a better life and learn more by doing construction:
"Not all knowledge comes from college."
*Check

Leave out the part about long hours, work hazards, and on site injuries that your company refuses to or gives you an extremely hard time in paying for medical expenses. Oh, and don't mention the permanent and debilitating problems you'll have for the rest of your life.
*Check

Advertising execs: 'I think they'll buy it.'

:glare:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so my apartment that i JUST moved into like 3 days ago got burglarized last night.
they took my computer, my tv, my wii, my xbox 360, and my camcorder
and my roomates ps2

fml.
fmmfl.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
What the ****. I don't even know what to say to that. Did they leave a t-shirt or any fingerprints behind?

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
how....how do you know these things? If you are spying on me, we should smash sometime.
I'm really late, but I saw you get out of your car while I was driving through the deck, I was like "wtf wall." I was also chilling in Heritage and my sister said, "holy **** that guy has an ice cream cone." "I know that guy."

I'm up to smash, whenever I have time. I'm also very very into ssf4 now. Anyone?

Why can't B'ham have a legitimate arcade. Not that bumpernets bull****.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
What the ****. I don't even know what to say to that. Did they leave a t-shirt or any fingerprints behind?
lol

i dunno they dusted for fingerprints
the cop was all like "ho hum fingerprinting is hard because the last 5000 ppl who touch your window will still have their finger prints there"

and i'm like are you telling me that fingerprinting is basically useless then?

however, one of my friends contacted me saying that his friend witnessed what she thought was the "end of a robbery" that night..so ima contact her and see what she says

russ it occurs to me that i will have to buy you a new gamecube controller, they took that too.

on the bright (?) side, geo you may get to build another computer soon :-/

ill tip ya this time, i've always kind of felt i should have paid you for all your work

this sucks

Will_

Smash Journeyman
That sucks ><

You can borrow my 360 if you want, just gotta talk to the siblings first if you do(which should be fine cuz we're not playing it any) plus I got a spare small tv.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I didn't expect I'd be saying this, but it looks like I'm going to MLG Dallas.

In light of this, I think I won't be going to Waba this weekend unless someone else can come with me and help with gas. Will, if I can't go Saturday, I'd really like to get some hardcore Meta Knight practice with you this weekend.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
when is dallas? i plan on going. if i can't fill my car i might be able to grab some of you AL folk

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
MLG Dallas is Nov. 5-7. Passes are already on sale and should be available until the 2nd. People are trying to get Smash to reach the 256-entrant cap, so if people jump on it, they might actually sell out.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
@T1J
That's freakin' terrible. Sorry. You can come over to our apt and smash/whatever else you lost that you can't do now, whenever homebro.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
oh ****, that much stuff is really painful. Dont worry about the cube controller, I was done using that one, which is why I lent it to you.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
MLG Dallas people:
Reflex
t1j
Aloha
George
Unclaimed Seat? Possibly Kismet?

Luis, would you be willing to drive up through the Birmingham area? It's apparently only about 30 minutes out of the way for the entire trip. By the way, I'd be willing to help out with the driving.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
MLG Dallas people:
Reflex
t1j
Aloha
George
Unclaimed Seat? Possibly Kismet?

Luis, would you be willing to drive up through the Birmingham area? It's apparently only about 30 minutes out of the way for the entire trip. By the way, I'd be willing to help out with the driving.
That seems reasonable. No reason you should have to go three hours out of your way for a thirty-minute time saver.

I need to ask my physics professor about the lab that week; perhaps I could get it made up or something. I may not be able to go if not; I'll try to find out as soon as possible.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I didn't expect I'd be saying this, but it looks like I'm going to MLG Dallas.

In light of this, I think I won't be going to Waba this weekend unless someone else can come with me and help with gas. Will, if I can't go Saturday, I'd really like to get some hardcore Meta Knight practice with you this weekend.
Actually Imma call you tomorrow because I might end up at waba anyway.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
luis if anything i could make up for making you drive to Raleigh really late by taking you really late on thursday

or was it a friday lab

Top Bottom