• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Uh, hate to break it to you, but the ball will bounce upwards after falling.
No need for that.

Besides, falling implies that it's left to its own devices, whereas bouncing means that it is redirected by a surface. They're not the same thing at all.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Was the lurk bar always there?

And hell yeah school's canceled today in hunstville because of some ***** storm.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
ew penir storm....

ok, so....

imma put the last few pages like this.

dammit i lost what i was gonna say, but in short its blablabla hype it dont hurt it, feedback plox, dont say any other tourney cant be good, community isint as willing to dedicate theirselves to smash as other scenes ive been in etc etc....
\

Will_

Smash Journeyman
nah, p u s s y storm. Just some fast moving clouds and a little rain.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Moral of the story: don't post anything bad about a tourney before the turn-out unless it is notorious for being poor in quality.

End of discussion.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Thus bringing back the discussion! Genius!

: P Zero you never answered J00ts question about where your sig came from, I want to know too lol.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Zhero's sig is from 'The Package.'

@Slam, T1J,

So...
You guys coming to the smashfest after the Ensley tournament at mine and Zero's apt? Imma make tacos and get some nachos and make some nacho cheese dip in the slow cooker so it'll be all hot and yummy and at least some people are dressing up (IAM IAM) and, and, and...Reflex should come and dress up too!

Let's do it
<3 :awesome: <3

The game is fun, let's make the community fun too.

SML
*now look at my avatar*

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Whoop I almost got work cancelled for the ensley tourney.

Anyway this one looks to be w little better attended. This whole comvo wad sparked by a joke.

Also sorry for my terrible spelling and grammar. Since my comp got taken I'm forced to use my iPod touch for internets

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Zhero's sig is from 'The Package.'

@Slam, T1J,

So...
You guys coming to the smashfest after the Ensley tournament at mine and Zero's apt? Imma make tacos and get some nachos and make some nacho cheese dip in the slow cooker so it'll be all hot and yummy and at least some people are dressing up (IAM IAM) and, and, and...Reflex should come and dress up too!

Let's do it
<3 :awesome: <3

The game is fun, let's make the community fun too.

SML
*now look at my avatar*
No offense but this is Halloween weekend and the answer for me is s big hell to da naw. There are dranks to drank and sluts to ogle

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Watched more of Yosuga no Sora, it's everything I've ever wanted in a hentai, a nice plot and love and female voice actors *coughbibleblackcough*. Except that the anime itself is much more softcore which makes it even better.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah im gonna party hop for halloween. its gonna be fun. not tryna play smash all haloween weekend.

**** i wish i was a philosophy major like t1j so i could get all philisophical on folks and win arguments.
instead i just know how to analyze and make up situations and then fail and go back on my word cuz of something i made up. lack luster life.

j00t

Smash Champion
So I hopped in my car and tried to chase the tornado today after I heard it was <1mi to the south of us. I saw the wall cloud, followed it for a few minutes, and saw nothing. Sad times.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'd love to see munkus beaver run a tournament.
I've helped out at every tourney that I've been to.

I don't like setting up tournaments. I don't like jumping through the hoops to get the venue, posting the thread, and hyping up the tournament. What I like to do is go to the tournament and run things efficiently and smoothly.

The last professionally run tourney that I went to was a total cluster-asterisks because the guy in charge refused to delegate.

And you know how you deal with people who are late? DQ. Them's the brakes. When people realize that you are going to be starting on time they will start showing up on time.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Here is how I would run a tourney that I wanted to start at noon:

Doors open around 9:00-10:00
Tourney Starts at 12:00

Guy walks in at 12:05 with his money and is willing to pay. He is late because his spleen ruptured and he had to go to the ER to have it removed. Guy is turned away because he was late.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
"But Munkus that doesn't sound fair! What if they had to travel a long distance and..."

Shut up. They should be aiming to get there by 10:00, not 12:00. That's a 2 hour buffer time for you to cross the inexplicable lake of fire that somehow appeared between your 98 Honda Civic and the I-65 intersection. If everyone actually shows up on time then we all get done on time. I'm not gonna hold up 20 people because you slept in, jerked one off, then drove like Grandma Shortcakes all the way down to T-town. You wait on the tourney, the tourney does not wait on you.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
The thing is, with my tournaments at least. I would have to dq 75 percent of the entrants lol.

@ slam. Actually knowing how to argue contributes nothing to winning arguments on the internet lol. The Internet is filled with trolls and idiots who are immune to logic. Internet logic = I believe in my heart that this is true so no matter how many counter points or analogies or conclusive examples you provide I will never sway.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
yeah im gonna party hop for halloween. its gonna be fun. not tryna play smash all haloween weekend.

**** i wish i was a philosophy major like t1j so i could get all philisophical on folks and win arguments.
instead i just know how to analyze and make up situations and then fail and go back on my word cuz of something i made up. lack luster life.
I wants to party, but that won't happen unless I move back to NC where I actually have fwiends.

Community college sucks bc the only people in my classes are old women, and I mean old women.

I wish I had some girlfriends, it really sucks to still not really know any girls in my area :c

Also, IMO, an argument is not won when it is left at a stand still bc niether side is willing to compromise.

Troll logic = Win logic

The following does not simply apply to poorly run tournaments, that's closed minded:

HOW THE **** CAN ANY OF YOU SAY THAT HYPE BUILDS A TOURNAMENT OUTCOME?!?!?!?
HYPE IS RIDICULOUSLY OVERRATED.

/allcaps=hype

Time is super important when it comes to tournaments...but I'm usually late, sorz.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Because you and Jason have the inability to wake up early or leave when scheduled.

:I

Oh and my Mom thought I died this weekend because I didn't answer her calls, called all my friends and had cops search for me. I believe it was a good thing we didn't leave at 9:30 like we wanted to xD

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Um Hype is very important to a tourney's outcome imo. Just look at Rom3.

*fff wheres my shield?*

j00t

Smash Champion
Gonna have to agree with Mike G.

An example is having top-level players go to tournaments. An average Melee player would definitely be more interested in going to a tournament if he read that players like Mango, Hungrybox, or Mew2King were confirmed to be there.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Um Hype is very important to a tourney's outcome imo. Just look at Rom3.

*fff wheres my shield?*
You're shield won't work because you have no idea who to defend yourself from.

Gonna have to agree with Mike G.

An example is having top-level players go to tournaments. An average Melee player would definitely be more interested in going to a tournament if he read that players like Mango, Hungrybox, or Mew2King were confirmed to be there.
W00t for more misunderstandings.

Geez, I thought you guys would understand the nuances of forums, or, at the very least, my sister, but please allow me to clarify:

She is using hyperbole to mock Janitologic

If it is impossible for anti-hype to hinder a tournament then inversely it is impossible for hype to help a tournament. Right, Kevin?

Btw, I may have used the word inversely wrong. Russ, you know math, was inversely used correctly?

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
@j00t and Mike

Dawwww.

@Mike
I've already whooped yo *** before so you don't have to shield yourself from meh...for now.

Top Bottom