• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
But it is still a problem.

A problem that can easily be avoided. I'm just asking to refrain from that type of trolling.

You're welcome to insult the people though. It's fun.

Let's all hold hands and cup each others' testicles, Alabama!

Will_

Smash Journeyman
How bout we talk about the M2K+ADHD scandal. They've both been banned from MLG Dallas.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ADHD gave M2K 300 bucks so he could play the next guy... lol
From what I understand (according to adhd), m2k wasn't playing well, and believed he would lose to adhd, and when he did he asked for a split, as a token of friendship, since m2k had done the same for adhd in the past. adhd agreed to give him 300 dollars.

then a rumor started that adhd paid m2k to purposely lose to him. and MLG just ran with it.

i side with the smashers as of now.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
janitor- See now you're trying to start an argument. Why do you have to do that.
its unfair to come in a thread and say that what i am doing is ******** and stupid
and expect me to not defend myself. any normal person would take offense to that.

especially on a forum where 90 percent of the things said are ******** and stupid.
I find this to be stupid in and of itself, to tell someone to stop doing something that is kind of the nature of message boards in general. I don't see you in the waba thread, or the georgia thread, or the pikachu boards telling people 'HEY GUYS STOP POSTING THINGS THAT ARE NOT WORTHWHILE'
that makes no sense.
to come into a discussion that you have nothing to do with and tell people that they are being ******** and they should shut up, is nothing short of rude. that happens all the time in this thread, its kinda lame. whether or not you think the discussion should be taking place, if it is a civil discussion you have no reason to become a part of it.
its like if I walked up to some people on campus who were discussing something and said HEY GUYS SHUT UP YOUR ARGUMENT IS ********. even if it is a ******** argument, when did it become your business or right to get involved.

i am not starting an argument, I am stating the obvious and retorting something i take offense to. if i see something i wanna respond to it, im gonna respond to it. thats why theres a "reply" button. its what its for. if you want to talk more about it, then fine. if you don't want to argue, fine. its your right as a swf member.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
A talk in here kinda turns into a debate everytime it happens. I just hate having to come back to see longs posts that are really irrelevant to things that we should be talking about.

Like Legos. Legos are ****ing awesome.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
n**ga **** LEGOS

theres nothing wrong with debates
jeez

if you are the type that gets her panties in a bunch whenever someone disagrees then just don't participate and skip over the post. its easy

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont feel like searching for it, just link it here.
im saying. just cuz i read 14 pages of an MLG thread doesn't mean EVERYBODY WANTS TO

anyway summary of what happened

1. m2k sux lol
2. olimar is top tier
3. smashers are too used to lax underground tournament rules
4. mlg is some *****es
5. gl seeing barlw next yr

-Chad-

Slackerator
So what did you learn by having this debate(that could have been held elsewhere. This is not the debate hall) that is worthwhile enough to once again cause this thread to become a cluttered mess of awful?

And no it's not like me walking on campus. It's like we're all sitting at a table trying to talk but some people are yelling over everyone else over and over about something that's not relevant and could be taken elsewhere to discuss.

I am just tired of seeing this thread be complete ****. If you wonder why most of the serious smashers don't post nearly as much, that's the reason.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
So what did you learn by having this debate(that could have been held elsewhere. This is not the debate hall) that is worthwhile enough to once again cause this thread to become a cluttered mess of awful?
Zero and I exchanged ideas about whether or not a small amount of negativity can hinder the success of a tournament, in a relatively civil manner. I fail to see the problem with this. I'm not sure exactly what your vision of the Alabama Thread is supposed to be. No debates, no disagreements. What am I allowed to post? I literally am not sure what you're aiming at here. I thought it was a open-ended social thread. Perhaps I'm wrong. Enlighten me. Also let me know where to take the debates next time? I figured if I wanted to discuss something with an Alabama smasher, the Alabama thread would be a good place to start, but perhaps I'm wrong. You have to apply to post in the Debate Hall, I've never looked into it. Would they be okay with me starting a discussion there that is specific to Alabama only? Enlighten me?

And no it's not like me walking on campus. It's like we're all sitting at a table trying to talk but some people are yelling over everyone else over and over about something that's not relevant and could be taken elsewhere to discuss.
A message board is not analogous to sitting at a table, because mutliple conversation threads easily take place in a single thread. And it is quite easy to participate in the ones you like and ignore the ones you don't like. There's a scroll bar on the side that is useful for skipping posts you are not interested in. And there are links everywhere, as well as a nice address bar if the thread as a whole doesn't suit your fancy.

I am just tired of seeing this thread be complete ****. If you wonder why most of the serious smashers don't post nearly as much, that's the reason.
I don't know who you are referring to when you say "serious smashers"? Pretty much every Alabama player who is active in Brawl posts here regularly. If melee were a larger scene here in Alabama, I imagine the melee players would post here more as well. This thread is not nearly as bad as you seem to think it is, or else I don't know that it would be so active. In fact its usually pretty civil and funny until randomly someone like you comes in and calls everyone stupid.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
"Those who know what they're talking about and can have intelligent discussions talk,
Those who don't should just shut up and leave Smashboards."

no flames? im sure we can keep things civil here, if not, go away.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
FIVE REASONS WHY STARTING A GIANT CATFISH AT QUARTERBACK FOR TENNESSEE IS THE RIGHT CALL

1. Catfish are wily. You know why some catfish grow to be a godzillion feet long under riverbanks, undisturbed for decades on end? Because they're clever mother****ers, that's why. Won't win any Academic All-American honors, but the catfish's ability to quickly and accurately distinguish between friend and foe would prevent situations like, say, staring down and throwing directly to a UCLA cornerback when there's a wide-open receiver ten god**** yards away.

2. The physicality of a catfish is ideally suited to the Tennessee offense. They're not asking for much this year. They have a stable of fine tailbacks, a depleted receiving corps, and a talented but overwhelmingly injured offensive line.

All Tennessee needs out of its quarterback is a marked lack of ****-uppery, and they'll be golden. The large lower fins of the catfish are ideal for handoffs, and its lack of fingers will provide an added layer of security to the center exchange, something their current (5th-year) (D-IA) (starting) signal-caller has been apparently unable to master. Additionally, the catfish's long and sensitive whiskers will serve as ideal tools for detecting the pass rush.

3. Even the physical limitations of starting a large fish at quarterback can be turned to Tennessee's advantage. With no arms to speak of, the catfish cannot throw, but nor can he attempt to wing the ball behind him mid-sack like he's mother****ing Joe Montana. Joe Montana, Tennessee's QB's are not. Nor is a catfish, but at least the catfish knows this.

4. Catfish are a renewable resource. With the aforementioned O-Line woes, having a readily replaceable presence under center makes sense, in a conservative old-guard way sure to be appreciated by the Volunteer faithful.

5. Failing all else, catfish are delicious. If Saturday goes ill, no one would think twice about gutting, filleting, battering, and deep-frying a fish. Doing the same to humans is generally frowned upon.

j00t

Smash Champion
FIVE REASONS WHY STARTING A GIANT CATFISH AT QUARTERBACK FOR TENNESSEE IS THE RIGHT CALL

1. Catfish are wily. You know why some catfish grow to be a godzillion feet long under riverbanks, undisturbed for decades on end? Because they're clever mother****ers, that's why. Won't win any Academic All-American honors, but the catfish's ability to quickly and accurately distinguish between friend and foe would prevent situations like, say, staring down and throwing directly to a UCLA cornerback when there's a wide-open receiver ten god**** yards away.

2. The physicality of a catfish is ideally suited to the Tennessee offense. They're not asking for much this year. They have a stable of fine tailbacks, a depleted receiving corps, and a talented but overwhelmingly injured offensive line.

All Tennessee needs out of its quarterback is a marked lack of ****-uppery, and they'll be golden. The large lower fins of the catfish are ideal for handoffs, and its lack of fingers will provide an added layer of security to the center exchange, something their current (5th-year) (D-IA) (starting) signal-caller has been apparently unable to master. Additionally, the catfish's long and sensitive whiskers will serve as ideal tools for detecting the pass rush.

3. Even the physical limitations of starting a large fish at quarterback can be turned to Tennessee's advantage. With no arms to speak of, the catfish cannot throw, but nor can he attempt to wing the ball behind him mid-sack like he's mother****ing Joe Montana. Joe Montana, Tennessee's QB's are not. Nor is a catfish, but at least the catfish knows this.

4. Catfish are a renewable resource. With the aforementioned O-Line woes, having a readily replaceable presence under center makes sense, in a conservative old-guard way sure to be appreciated by the Volunteer faithful.

5. Failing all else, catfish are delicious. If Saturday goes ill, no one would think twice about gutting, filleting, battering, and deep-frying a fish. Doing the same to humans is generally frowned upon.
hooooooooooooooooooly **** xD

Will_

Smash Journeyman
YO MUNKUS when the **** are we gonna play some starcraft 2 I want some dubs.

That goes for anyone else who has SC2, add me so we can get some team league games going.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
OH ****

i keep thinking Soul Calibur 2 whenever i see SC2
and im like ORLY THAT GAMES AMAZING

MITSURUGI

WAS SERIOUSLY WOUNDED

BUT THE SOUL STILL BURNS

A HERO DESIRES A SWORD
AND A SWORD
DESIRES TRUTH

j00t

Smash Champion
Man I just can't play SC2 right for some reason
That game intimidates me, I really love it though

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lemme end this negitiviety thing

i was like "dude these tourneys are gonna suck bc there are too many events zero acts like a little bby blah blah"

ppl came

they were like

"dude this tourney sux bc its too small of a place and not enough ppl and not high enough prices and like some other stuff"

does it sound like they even read my posts?

HELL NO!

solution.

hold another torunament and stop your stupid passive whining about ideas about me you cant support and shaslam will hype it up and give it two big thumbs up and say "dude zero is so cool/ so funny" and adhd and ****ing m2k will come amiright?

you take stupid things WAY too seriously/ are kinda dumb zero.

my bad

XD

and trolling isnt a problem ITS HOW I ROLL TALK TO ****ING DOGY SAMMICH HE TROLLS 24/7 dude QUIT BEING A LITTLE PANSY AND TAKING EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY but you have like next to no sense of humor so idk how you can exactly do that.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i wish i was as spaced out as slam so I could straight up call people dumb and get away with it

lol i never ever call anyone out specificially and i get guff all the time.

slam straight up murks *****s and everyone still loves him ahahaha i love it

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I thought Xeedoc was talking about Soul Calibur 2 as well... >__>

btw, argument is healthy because it teaches one how to argue. Just spouting, "Let it end," is pouring fuel to the flame. Stuff was probably over until Chad butthurted everywhere.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
and most importantly stop treating SWF like its irl. SWF is suppose to be fun dude.
it would be a problem if i came to tourneys and trolled everyone irl and like fist fought someone but when was the last time i actually acted inappropriately and was anything but interested in being nice irl?
when?
NEVER
i like all of you so im nice irl.

when was the last time i posted spam?
o idk like a couple days ago.

so

zero thinks im a horrible person

where is the logic in that?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
whoa how did you get a tourney organizer thing janitor?

and yeah janitor, but i usually regret making it personal bc its usually just outta rage and then im like "o ****.. my bad dude."

how do you delete posts? id like to delete this one.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
zero, youre not dumb by any means. sorry.

i think im gonna buy wwe smackdown v raw 2010 for wii.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
one thing you may or may not know about me is that i am obsessed with games that let you create custom characters.
i bought all the ****ty smackdown wrestling games PURELY because of the character creation feature
i also bought the super lame and frustrating FIGHTER MAKER games for the same reason

i remember getting soul calibur 3 and when i learned i could create a character I was all like

so i'd take 30 minutes to design a cool character

then take my creation into actually battle and then was like

so then id just go make more characters and it was kind of a deadly cycle

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Mitsurugi, Taki, and Siegfried.

Siegfried was funny in that hitting B,B,B gave you a high-low mixup.

Top Bottom